Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

2019 Cold Approach Log

Valiant Virgin

Valiant Virgin

Just a face in the crowd
★★★★★
I tried cold approaching for the first time in 2015 and have approached 163 girls in total. No dates so far.

This will probably be my last year of putting concentrated effort into this.

I know my chances of success are extremely slim. But I just want to know that I've tried.

I will log details of my approaches here. Every approach will be a genuine attempt to get the girl's contact details/arrange a date. I won't do any 'throwaway' approaches for the sake of making up the numbers.

Let's see what happens...

Good luck brother, may the pitfalls of uninstall never plague thee

Cold approaches are a meme.

You can approach 1000 girls like unistall or approach 1 rope....

I have never heard anyone who met his girlfriend through cold approach. But keep trying you are the one embarrasing yourself.

I have never heard anyone who met his girlfriend through cold approach. But keep trying you are the one embarrasing yourself.

He's obviously doing it for the science. We should be thankful for volunteers like these!

Maybe you should consider looksmaxxing

Cold approach a cosmetic surgeon

Cold approach dont work and will never work. Good luck anyway,boyo

If cold approach doesn't work what does? How do people meet, and fuck or whatever?

over for birdcels

Hint:
If you found your way into this site then cold approaching is probably a waste of your time.

So, I did my first approach of the year today.

I was in the local mall, wandering around. My inhibition was higher than usual because I hadn't approached for a few weeks, and at the entrance I saw a stunning brunette girl walk in with her friend (who was also good looking) - I didn't speak to them and was annoyed at myself for not doing so, but later I saw them again so I walked alongside them and opened the girl - "I saw you back there and thought you looked very nice". I slowed down and I thought they were just going to keep walking but they stopped. The girl was a bit surprised but smiling and was said "thank you" and generally seemed happy to be approached but mentioned the inevitable - "I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years" - so I hit back with "That's a very long time...time for a change, don't you think?" She said "Right, you're pushing it now" but not in a serious way and we laughed and I walked off. But as they walked off, I saw security in the distance watching me. I left straight away.

The approach went better than expected because I actually had a conversation out of it. Still a long way off a number, though, let alone a date. And now security will probably be keeping an eye on me...JFL. This is what happens when sub-6 men approach women.

I have seen my friend get a girlfriend from cold approach. they were together for around 8 months.
obviously it wont work for sub5

So, I did my first approach of the year today.

I was in the local mall, wandering around. My inhibition was higher than usual because I hadn't approached for a few weeks, and at the entrance I saw a stunning brunette girl walk in with her friend (who was also good looking) - I didn't speak to them and was annoyed at myself for not doing so, but later I saw them again so I walked alongside them and opened the girl - "I saw you back there and thought you looked very nice". I slowed down and I thought they were just going to keep walking but they stopped. The girl was a bit surprised but smiling and was said "thank you" and generally seemed happy to be approached but mentioned the inevitable - "I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years" - so I hit back with "That's a very long time...time for a change, don't you think?" She said "Right, you're pushing it now" but not in a serious way and we laughed and I walked off. But as they walked off, I saw security in the distance watching me. I left straight away.

The approach went better than expected because I actually had a conversation out of it. Still a long way off a number, though, let alone a date. And now security will probably be keeping an eye on me...JFL. This is what happens when sub-6 men approach women.

Yes, I have been cold approaching for the last 8 months. This is what I would consider a "good" and "successful" result. What is annoying in these closed off areas is that you can only really approach once or twice before it starts looking suspicious. So you can't just get over an approach that hasn't gone so well by approaching others straight after.

Bad results involve the security guards telling me off and asking me to leave the premises. Or having femoids say "Please don't talk to me" like what happened just yesterday. I'm sure I must be "known" in my town now.

Well done for approaching though.

Yes, I have been cold approaching for the last 8 months. This is what I would consider a "good" and "successful" result. What is annoying in these closed off areas is that you can only really approach once or twice before it starts looking suspicious. So you can't just get over an approach that hasn't gone so well by approaching others straight after.

Bad results involve the security guards telling me off and asking me to leave the premises. Or having femoids say "Please don't talk to me" like what happened just yesterday. I'm sure I must be "known" in my town now.

Well done for approaching though.
Thanks. I've had trouble with security before as well - nothing better to do with their time than harass guys who are simply making an effort to improve their situation - so I try not to spend too much time in malls. I go to a few different malls when approaching but my visits are sporadic, and when I go I try not to walk around for any more than 10 minutes or so at a time.

Here we go.

2019 has been a year of LDARmaxxing so far. When I've not been working, I've mostly been staying in, relaxing, browsing here and generally doing as little as possible. And it's been good - much better than walking around in the cold for hours getting constantly rejected. But it can't last forever. For my celibacy to remain involuntary, there has to be some kind of effort to make something happen.

Today was an approachmaxxing day. I went into the city, got a haircut™ and, oozing with confidence™ from my fresh new trim, approached like a madman. I approached 9 girls in just under an hour, stopped for lunch, then approached 6 more over the course of the next hour for a total of 15 - a new personal record for one day.

1. Tanned blonde girl walking towards me.
Went direct. Strange reaction - she said "it's fine" but made a dismissive hand gesture and walked off.

2. Blonde girl waiting outside mall.
Direct again. She said "thank you" and said she was waiting for her mum. I said "would she be upset if she knew I was trying to chat you up?" She replied "probably". Should have said something better tbh.

3. Stunning smiley brunette.
Said I thought she looked very nice. She had a big smile but said "sorry, I need to go".

4. Bitchy ignore from black haired girl with earphones and resting bitch face.
I waved to get her attention, we briefly made eye contact and she looked away and kept walking. I tapped her on the shoulder and she didn't look at me and kept walking.

5. No reaction from blonde girl with friend.
I said "hi, how are you doing?" Don't think they heard me as they didn't look and kept walking.
Wasn't sure whether to count this as there was no reaction but it was still an approach. I define an approach as 'an attempt to initiate an interaction with a girl to convey interest based on physical attraction', and that's what it was.

6. Girl waiting outside store in mall.
Asked her out - she said she wasn't from here and had just come down for an interview.

7. Smiley blonde girl.
She was walking towards me but to my left. When I saw her I instinctively sprinted over to stop her and ended up right in front of her. Despite the lack of personal space she was smiling and laughing but quickly said she had a boyfriend. She made an interesting comment - "I know, they always say that". I touched her on the shoulder as I left her and just about felt a semi coming on as I walked away - a semi semi.

8. Jailbait.
Ah, it's bound to happen sooner or later. Was walking away from the blonde girl when I saw a dark haired girl walking on the perpendicular street, quickly walked after her and tapped her on the shoulder - it was only then I realised how young she was - she couldn't have been older than 16. I hesitated before saying, "I thought you looked quite nice but you look a bit young". She nodded and I laughed and said "you can never be too careful" and walked off.

9. Brunette girl, make up maxxed, smoking.
She was sexy AF. Too bad she was smoking - a huge turn off for me - but beggars can't be choosers. I did mention it - "I thought you looked nice...shame about the cigarette". Receptive enough but said she had to go. The cigarette was stinking anyway so I didn't want to hang around.

10. Girl in gym gear.
I was walking down the street and passed a Bible basher standing on a raised platform and heard him say, "Everybody walking down this street today is going to hell." This cracked me up so hard and I was laughing aloud as I walked down the street. I used this as a situational opener when I saw the girl further down the street:
"Are you going up to the top of the street?"
"Yeah..."
"Be careful - there's a Bible basher up there and he said everybody walking down the street is going to hell."
She laughed. By using this opener I got her to stop and I tried to transition by mentioning the gym gear and saying I thought she looked nice. She was smiling and said "thank you" but walked off.

11. Blonde girl in pink hat with friend.
Tapped her on the shoulder just as she was entering a store and went direct. She said "thank you" but went into the store.

12. Wall hitter but reasonably friendly.
Started walking alongside her and said "hi", she was slightly startled and said "oh!" - noticed she was a bit older but still went direct and she was reasonably receptive, although when I asked her what she thought she said she found it "a bit odd if I'm honest". I was going to the train station and she said "I'm going this way...enjoy your day." Probably changed directions to get rid of me.

13. Girl in train station - scared shitless.
She was sitting down on her phone (a girl on her phone...who'd have thought?) - I went up to her and said "hiya". Well...she just about jumped out her skin. I laughed and sat down beside her and used her reaction as an excuse to touch her shoulder and jokingly say, "it's okay...breathe". Was hopeful but she said she had a boyfriend.

14. Bitchy reaction from cake faced black haired girl with earphones and resting bitch face.
Her makeup was so heavy I swithered over approaching her for a moment before going for it - she just glared at me and said "what?" I made a gesture for her to remove her earphones, she kept them in and kept walking.

15. Bitchy dismissal from blonde girl.
Went direct. She shook her head and walked off.

Looks like my haircut wasn't enough. I should have taken 10-15 more showers to wash away the toxic misogyny that's obviously radiating from my every pore and setting off their personality radars.

179 girls approached now. Still 0% success rate in getting dates.

At this stage I can say with 99% certainly that I will get to 0 in 200 in terms of dates.

I’d reccomend you pretty much only stick to morph game. Or try your luck in closed environments such as an event. I’ve done thousands of approaches and most responses are redundant

- “I really gotta meet my friend now. Bye”
- “I have a boyfriend”
- sometimes she won’t even stop walking

You're third place on this site as far as I know then. Good effort.

I’d reccomend you pretty much only stick to morph game. Or try your luck in closed environments such as an event. I’ve done thousands of approaches and most responses are redundant

- “I really gotta meet my friend now. Bye”
- “I have a boyfriend”
- sometimes she won’t even stop walking
Thousands?! That's an incredible effort. I don't know how you found the time/stamina to do that.

These are the typical responses I get too. Most approaches don't lead to any kind of prolonged conversation.

You're third place on this site as far as I know then. Good effort.
Thanks, but I'm sure there will be quite a few others who have approached more than me. Have you not approached around 500 girls?

Thousands?! That's an incredible effort. I don't know how you found the time/stamina to do that.

These are the typical responses I get too. Most approaches don't lead to any kind of prolonged conversation.

Thanks, but I'm sure there will be quite a few others who have approached more than me. Have you not approached around 500 girls?
Yes, as far as I know the ranking is:

@uninstall (1000+)
2º me (~500)
3 you

Though no undeniable proof, but I trust my fellow incels.

At age 20, I was told the blue pill cope “you have blue eyes and are tall. You should be getting all the girls” then when I got rejected I blamed my Aspergers and thus began an imaginary self improvement journey.

Imaginary because approaching women isn’t a skill like playing the guitar. I ended up meeting with local groups and going out with wingmen. The whole thing wasn’t worth it.

Here we go.

2019 has been a year of LDARmaxxing so far. When I've not been working, I've mostly been staying in, relaxing, browsing here and generally doing as little as possible. And it's been good - much better than walking around in the cold for hours getting constantly rejected. But it can't last forever. For my celibacy to remain involuntary, there has to be some kind of effort to make something happen.

Today was an approachmaxxing day. I went into the city, got a haircut™ and, oozing with confidence™ from my fresh new trim, approached like a madman. I approached 9 girls in just under an hour, stopped for lunch, then approached 6 more over the course of the next hour for a total of 15 - a new personal record for one day.

1. Tanned blonde girl walking towards me.
Went direct. Strange reaction - she said "it's fine" but made a dismissive hand gesture and walked off.

2. Blonde girl waiting outside mall.
Direct again. She said "thank you" and said she was waiting for her mum. I said "would she be upset if she knew I was trying to chat you up?" She replied "probably". Should have said something better tbh.

3. Stunning smiley brunette.
Said I thought she looked very nice. She had a big smile but said "sorry, I need to go".

4. Bitchy ignore from black haired girl with earphones and resting bitch face.
I waved to get her attention, we briefly made eye contact and she looked away and kept walking. I tapped her on the shoulder and she didn't look at me and kept walking.

5. No reaction from blonde girl with friend.
I said "hi, how are you doing?" Don't think they heard me as they didn't look and kept walking.
Wasn't sure whether to count this as there was no reaction but it was still an approach. I define an approach as 'an attempt to initiate an interaction with a girl to convey interest based on physical attraction', and that's what it was.

6. Girl waiting outside store in mall.
Asked her out - she said she wasn't from here and had just come down for an interview.

7. Smiley blonde girl.
She was walking towards me but to my left. When I saw her I instinctively sprinted over to stop her and ended up right in front of her. Despite the lack of personal space she was smiling and laughing but quickly said she had a boyfriend. She made an interesting comment - "I know, they always say that". I touched her on the shoulder as I left her and just about felt a semi coming on as I walked away - a semi semi.

8. Jailbait.
Ah, it's bound to happen sooner or later. Was walking away from the blonde girl when I saw a dark haired girl walking on the perpendicular street, quickly walked after her and tapped her on the shoulder - it was only then I realised how young she was - she couldn't have been older than 16. I hesitated before saying, "I thought you looked quite nice but you look a bit young". She nodded and I laughed and said "you can never be too careful" and walked off.

9. Brunette girl, make up maxxed, smoking.
She was sexy AF. Too bad she was smoking - a huge turn off for me - but beggars can't be choosers. I did mention it - "I thought you looked nice...shame about the cigarette". Receptive enough but said she had to go. The cigarette was stinking anyway so I didn't want to hang around.

10. Girl in gym gear.
I was walking down the street and passed a Bible basher standing on a raised platform and heard him say, "Everybody walking down this street today is going to hell." This cracked me up so hard and I was laughing aloud as I walked down the street. I used this as a situational opener when I saw the girl further down the street:
"Are you going up to the top of the street?"
"Yeah..."
"Be careful - there's a Bible basher up there and he said everybody walking down the street is going to hell."
She laughed. By using this opener I got her to stop and I tried to transition by mentioning the gym gear and saying I thought she looked nice. She was smiling and said "thank you" but walked off.

11. Blonde girl in pink hat with friend.
Tapped her on the shoulder just as she was entering a store and went direct. She said "thank you" but went into the store.

12. Wall hitter but reasonably friendly.
Started walking alongside her and said "hi", she was slightly startled and said "oh!" - noticed she was a bit older but still went direct and she was reasonably receptive, although when I asked her what she thought she said she found it "a bit odd if I'm honest". I was going to the train station and she said "I'm going this way...enjoy your day." Probably changed directions to get rid of me.

13. Girl in train station - scared shitless.
She was sitting down on her phone (a girl on her phone...who'd have thought?) - I went up to her and said "hiya". Well...she just about jumped out her skin. I laughed and sat down beside her and used her reaction as an excuse to touch her shoulder and jokingly say, "it's okay...breathe". Was hopeful but she said she had a boyfriend.

14. Bitchy reaction from cake faced black haired girl with earphones and resting bitch face.
Her makeup was so heavy I swithered over approaching her for a moment before going for it - she just glared at me and said "what?" I made a gesture for her to remove her earphones, she kept them in and kept walking.

15. Bitchy dismissal from blonde girl.
Went direct. She shook her head and walked off.

Looks like my haircut wasn't enough. I should have taken 10-15 more showers to wash away the toxic misogyny that's obviously radiating from my every pore and setting off their personality radars.

179 girls approached now. Still 0% success rate in getting dates.

At this stage I can say with 99% certainly that I will get to 0 in 200 in terms of dates.
Even I, a neurotic sociopath full of hatred for the human race, am more polite towards random encounters irl than those foids. Just imagine the state of the world if foids were the one with the better muscular mass and were occupying all positions of power. :giga:

Yes, as far as I know the ranking is:

@uninstall (1000+)
2º me (~500)
3 you

Though no undeniable proof, but I trust my fellow incels.
Respect. By this point you've tried harder than the vast majority of guys ever will.

I think when you've done a lot of approaches and you read the accounts of others, you can tell whether or not they are genuine. From reading the approach logs of some others here, I can see that they are genuine from the details they describe because I can relate to the situations.

Personally, I will never LARP about any of this. I only approach sporadically now, so I won't be updating this thread often, but every approach I describe here is absolutely authentic.

At age 20, I was told the blue pill cope “you have blue eyes and are tall. You should be getting all the girls” then when I got rejected I blamed my Aspergers and thus began an imaginary self improvement journey.

Imaginary because approaching women isn’t a skill like playing the guitar. I ended up meeting with local groups and going out with wingmen. The whole thing wasn’t worth it.
This is a key point I used to misunderstand. When I started doing this, I would go out, approach a girl and then go away and overanalyse the interaction, thinking to myself, "okay, I could have said X, I shouldn't have said Y". Now I can see how misguided and futile this was. The reality is that when you approach a girl and tell her you find her attractive, she will know within seconds whether she is interested in you that way or not. If she's not, it doesn't matter what you say, what lines you've prepared beforehand, what techniques you've memorised - because none of that will change your face. If you don't meet the minimum looks threshold in her mind, you're done.

The guitar comparison is a good one. A guitar is an inanimate object and when you're learning to play it, if you do the same things repeatedly you will get the same result. Women are not inanimate objects and their responses are variable - you can say the same thing to two of them and get two completely different reactions. If you position your fingers to play a certain chord on a guitar, the guitar isn't going to turn round and say, "leave me alone, I'm not interested".

Dude, I've done cold approach. It has not, nor will it ever, work.

Change my mind.

painful memories arise in my head when i read this
i won't be following

Respect. By this point you've tried harder than the vast majority of guys ever will.

I think when you've done a lot of approaches and you read the accounts of others, you can tell whether or not they are genuine. From reading the approach logs of some others here, I can see that they are genuine from the details they describe because I can relate to the situations.

Personally, I will never LARP about any of this. I only approach sporadically now, so I won't be updating this thread often, but every approach I describe here is absolutely authentic.

This is a key point I used to misunderstand. When I started doing this, I would go out, approach a girl and then go away and overanalyse the interaction, thinking to myself, "okay, I could have said X, I shouldn't have said Y". Now I can see how misguided and futile this was. The reality is that when you approach a girl and tell her you find her attractive, she will know within seconds whether she is interested in you that way or not. If she's not, it doesn't matter what you say, what lines you've prepared beforehand, what techniques you've memorised - because none of that will change your face. If you don't meet the minimum looks threshold in her mind, you're done.

The guitar comparison is a good one. A guitar is an inanimate object and when you're learning to play it, if you do the same things repeatedly you will get the same result. Women are not inanimate objects and their responses are variable - you can say the same thing to two of them and get two completely different reactions. If you position your fingers to play a certain chord on a guitar, the guitar isn't going to turn round and say, "leave me alone, I'm not interested".
Can ya'll give me a reading list on the "game" concept
I haven't ever seen or read anything interesting but if you have the confidence to approach nearly 200 girls you have to be using some tech that I might find useful.

No incel has ever ascended from cold approach, biggest waste of time and only makes you even more bitter

OP we all went throught that path of cold approaching and it was highly ineffective for most of us. If you aren't atleast a 6 on the looks scale, then on behalf of all the forum, just don't waste your precious time.

Even I, a neurotic sociopath full of hatred for the human race, am more polite towards random encounters irl than those foids. Just imagine the state of the world if foids were the one with the better muscular mass and were occupying all positions of power. :giga:
Truly mind boggling how we beings filled with the most tenacious of hatreds for humanity can be kinder than those humanity worships. Truly we should be worshipped and everyone should be doing our bidding.. lord knows we'd be space faring by now if that was the way things are.

> Cold approaching as an Incel
PFt Laughing

For your sanity I'd advise you abstain from doing so.
Cold approach a cosmetic surgeon
This

Can ya'll give me a reading list on the "game" concept
I haven't ever seen or read anything interesting but if you have the confidence to approach nearly 200 girls you have to be using some tech that I might find useful.
Don't bother reading or watching videos on 'game'. Reading a book or watching a video will not give you what you need to go out and approach girls.

The only way you can get the confidence to do this is through practice, not theory. You just have to go out and start approaching. It's very difficult at first, but when you break through that initial barrier, it gradually becomes easier.

I was a nervous wreck when I started doing this. I had some excruciatingly awkward interactions because I was so nervous. You just have to push through that initial phase. It's fairly easy for me to approach now because I have enough experience under my belt, but it's taken a while to get to this point.

Personally, I don't use any 'techniques' or 'routines' or pre-rehearsed lines. All of that is pointless to me, because your chances of success depend largely on whether the girl finds you physically attractive or not. If she doesn't, all of that stuff is irrelevant because it doesn't change your looks. You can't talk people into being sexually attracted to you.

As far as confidence is concerned, my results are just one example to demonstrate it as a meme. I've approached girls with their friends, with their parents, in large groups, at their work, in crowded areas with others in earshot - if that doesn't show a high level of confidence, I don't know what does. But it hasn't got me anywhere in terms of tangible results - because I don't have the looks to back it up.

OP we all went throught that path of cold approaching and it was highly ineffective for most of us. If you aren't atleast a 6 on the looks scale, then on behalf of all the forum, just don't waste your precious time.
Last year I would go into the city specifically to do approaches. I wasn't there for any other purpose other than to approach girls. So when I was walking around for hours, getting constantly rejected, it became demoralising and led me to question what I was doing.

Yesterday, I had plans for the afternoon, so I had a window of opportunity between my haircut and the afternoon to do approaches. I wouldn't have been doing anything specific anyway. So the rejections didn't really affect me because I knew I was out for another purpose other than approaching girls.

This is the way I plan to do it moving forward. When I'm out for some other purpose and have an opportunity, I can approach, as opposed to going out specifically to approach. Otherwise I can just LDAR and not waste my time.

I know this is extremely ineffective. But I just want to know that I've tried.

5 approaches today.

I had travelled into the city in the early afternoon, and by late afternoon I was tired but managed to do an hour of approaching before heading home.

All approaches were direct.

1. Blonde girl, 6.5/10.
Unreceptive. She didn't hear me at first and kept walking, then said "sorry?" When I said I thought she looked nice she gave me a wry smile and walked off.

2. Make up maxxed girl, 7/10, with friend.
Terrible reaction. They stopped but when I gave her the compliment she completely ignored me and they walked off - as if I didn't exist.

3. Cute brunette girl, 7/10.
First decent reaction. Was leaving the train station when she passed me. I hesitated but turned and said "excuse me", she turned around and I said I thought she looked nice. She was more smiley and receptive but said she was going home.

4. Borderline JB, make up maxxed, in gym gear.
It's so hard to tell sometimes, but she couldn't have been older than 18. She said "oh, thank you" and gave me a thumbs up. She hesitated for a moment but walked off.

5. Blonde girl, make up maxxed, with black haired friend.
Walked up to them very confidently and purposefully and gave her the compliment. Her friend burst out laughing. She was somewhat receptive but they kept walking slowly so I called out after them, "let me chat you up for one minute" and she said "sorry, this is my girlfriend". Probably made up BS. I called out ambiguously, "lucky you". There were several people walking by and it would have been very obvious to them what I was doing...zero fucks given.

0/184

Standard rejection session. Giga LifeFuel, however, came in the fact that I managed to get the train into the city and back free of charge. So at least I got rejected for free. And I was in the city for another purpose anyway, so it wasn't a wasted day.

Approaching 7/10 as incel? Yeah, good idea, bro.

Cope! Foids have a preselection of potential mates and she would let them know though different types of hints. If you have to approach IT'S OVER, save yourself from the embarrassment and potential jailbait.

Cope! Foids have a preselection of potential mates and she would let them know though different types of hints. If you have to approach IT'S OVER, save yourself from the embarrassment and potential jailbait.
this tbh. plus cold approaches are pure cope

I tried cold approaching for the first time in 2015 and have approached 163 girls in total. No dates so far.

This will probably be my last year of putting concentrated effort into this.

I know my chances of success are extremely slim. But I just want to know that I've tried.

I will log details of my approaches here. Every approach will be a genuine attempt to get the girl's contact details/arrange a date. I won't do any 'throwaway' approaches for the sake of making up the numbers.

Let's see what happens...
shit a lot of aproches

2019 and people are still coping with cold approaches when we all know that foids approach hot guys on a daily basis and consider sexual advances by sub8 men as sexual harrassment.

Approaching 7/10 as incel? Yeah, good idea, bro.
"Just lower your standards, bro!" is a meme. I've approached stunning girls far above my league and girls who were absolutely bang average at best. Girls in the latter category are not any more receptive to my approaches. In fact, I've had some better reactions from some of the most attractive girls (not that I got anywhere in terms of getting contact details).

There is no embarrassment. If the girls I approach or passersby who see my approaches want to laugh at me or talk about me, they can. I don't give a shit.

I dont have the balls for approaching.