Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News 50 years ago japanese writer Yukio Mishima committed seppuku to denounce the westernization of Japan

• Thread starter Deleted member 21230
  • Start date
Deleted member 21230

Deleted member 21230

Theorizer
-
On 25/11/1970 he occupied the japanese defense office with the Tatenokai, a paramilitary squad created by himself. He gave a speech in which he praised the samurai culture and japanese nationalism with the values it brings and denounced the american occupation and the new costitution, after which he committed seppuku (the traditional suicide of the samurai) together with his closest collaborator Masakatsu Morita

100+ Yukio Mishima ideas | mishima, japanese literature, writer

He died as he lived, following his values and beliefs. While all around him his dear homeland fell to the western degeneracy: the women refused japanese men to become side-bitches of the american soldiers. the young men grew distant from the ancient values he deeply believed in, and the puppet politicians did nothing to stop it.

The last samurai of Japan and maybe the last true warrior of this world, he fought until the end for what he believed in and when he realized there was no chance, he preferred death to live as just another demoralized npc

Truly a hero. He was also gay if i remember correctly.

Most samurais were gay because they had a teenage boy with them who carried their weapons and comforted them.

Unfortunately suicide to make a statement is still cucked tbh
It just gives your enemies pleasure that they were able to break you and you inflicted all the distress on yourself.

It's a way of them living rent free in a way if they can drive you to kill yourself. Doesn't matter the reason you give.

Last edited:
based but he should have taken some cuck heads before roping

It just gives your enemies pleasure that they were able to break you and you inflicted all the distress on yourself.

It's a way of them living rent free in a way if they can drive you to kill yourself. Doesn't matter the reason you give.

His suicide was at the height of his financial and critical popularity.
Do you think his statement was truly against the decadence of Japanese culture due to westernization after WWII?
That was the text, the subtext is much deeper and the statement was aesthetic one, NOT a political one.
After writing so much about the beauty of a tragic death, it would have an extreme copout for him NOT to kill himself in a violent manner as he did.
Much of the beauty of his work is amplified by the fact that he killed himself like this, in the most painful and honorable way possible, in a situation he engineered perfectly so that he would be required to die by the script he made on that day.
Maybe suicide is cucked in general, but Mishima's suicide was a beautiful statement that still causes ripples and speculations in the literary world to this day.

Most samurais were gay because they had a teenage boy with them who carried their weapons and comforted them.

Is there proof that he engaged in homosexual acts, or just rumors?
There is an urban legend that he played sex games with red ribbons with the young man who killed himself alongside, but those were never substantiated.
There's nothing in his biography by John Nathan that suggests Mishima had gay sex, and Nathan had a grudge against Mishima while writing the book (after Mishima ghosted him shortly before planning his suicide). John Nathan would certainly have put included such scandalous instances of gay sex had he had evidence.
He also claimed that during his research for "Forbidden Colors," Mishima frequented gay bars but never fucked any men.
As for the homoeroticism in his novels, it's a literary conceit that goes back centuries.
It's hard to argue that he didn't have gay tendencies but did he engage in them?
He may have been bisexual, but he did have a wife and father a son and daughter.
If you know, I'd want to know, but nothing I've seen suggests this.

Last edited:
It's better to die a warrior than to live as a slave.

Based thread, RIP Mishima I look up to you

:feelswhat:

His suicide was at the height of his financial and critical popularity.
Do you think his statement was truly against the decadence of Japanese culture due to westernization after WWII?
That was the text, the subtext is much deeper and the statement was aesthetic one, NOT a political one.
After writing so much about the beauty of a tragic death, it would have an extreme copout for him NOT to kill himself in a violent manner as he did.
Much of the beauty of his work is amplified by the fact that he killed himself like this, in the most painful and honorable way possible, in a situation he engineered perfectly so that he would be required to die by the script he made on that day.
Maybe suicide is cucked in general, but Mishima's suicide was a beautiful statement that still causes ripples and speculations in the literary world to this day.
I used to be more neutral but this convinced me otherwise

I heard he killed homes with his gay lover

there's no escape

He found old age to be disgusting and repulsive and didn't want to subject himself to the indignity of becoming a shriveled husk of himself.
He also wanted to give a satisfactory ending to his life which was his work of art.
You misunderstand what "statement" he was trying to make.
You should read "Sun & Steel."
There was absolutely nothing cucked about his death.

JFL Japan was westernized way before WWII.

there's no escape
He found old age to be disgusting and repulsive and didn't want to subject himself to the indignity of becoming a shriveled husk of himself.
He also wanted to give a satisfactory ending to his life which was his work of art.
You misunderstand what "statement" he was trying to make.
You should read "Sun & Steel."
There was absolutely nothing cucked about his death.
I can't relate tbh
No matter what you or I think about it suicide is seen as butthurt rage quitting and prematurely giving up in western soyciety.

ok. that's clearly not the only justification for suicide.
Agreed but soyciety doesn't see it that way in western countries.
To some extent you tend to internalize this view having lived long enough in western countries.

if you've accomplished everything you need to, why not cash it in with a great spectacle?
It's pointless to cash in with a great spectacle tbh infact the more obscure and forgotten about your death the better. You really want people to use your death as a conversation piece or starter after you die? Idk it sounds pretty lame.
Also what livestreaming has shown is how voyeuristic and depraved a lot of normies are for that kind of spectacle. You are essentially performing the last minutes of your life for their amusement whether you want to realize this or not.

Agreed but soyciety doesn't see it that way in western countries.
To some extent you tend to internalize this view having lived long enough in western countries.

He was a Jap, which isn't a western society.
A lot of westerners understand that there is a culture difference.
a vast majority of people who understand mishima wouldn't claim he was "butthurt" or "giving up."
have you read his work or not?

It's pointless tbh infact the more obscure and forgotten about your death the better. You really want people to use your death as a conversation piece or starter after you die? Idk it sounds pretty lame.

why not, if your entire literary canon is based on the beauty of violent death?
if you think there's nothing left to write, why drag it out into senility, where you're writing dementia-addled prose that taints your legacy?
he said he wanted his life to part of his complete works, it's another narrative that ends typically of his stories, but slightly differently, since he was an intellectual instead of his typical hero like in runaway horses, patriotism, or sword.

Gigabased. All hail Mishima cels. Should be pinned.

He was a Jap, which isn't a western society.
A lot of westerners understand that there is a culture difference.
a vast majority of people who understand mishima wouldn't claim he was "butthurt" or "giving up."
have you read his work or not?
No I haven't read his work.
But I'm saying that all else equal the western interpretation of such a death would be taken as given up and would be viewed strangely.
It doesn't matter what people would say they understand about mishima. Their actions would tell a different story.

why not, if your entire literary canon is based on the beauty of violent death?
if you think there's nothing left to write, why drag it out into senility, where you're writing dementia-addled prose that taints your legacy?
he said he wanted his life to part of his complete works, it's another narrative that ends typically of his stories, but slightly differently, since he was an intellectual instead of his typical hero like in runaway horses, patriotism, or sword.
It just doesn't make any sense imo.
And in a way it's just performing during the last minutes of your life for normie's amusement.
You may see it differently but that's the impression I get from seeing normies reaction to suicide especially toward males that make a spectacle of their final moments.

It just doesn't make any sense imo.
And in a way it's just performing during the last minutes of your life for normie's amusement.
You may see it differently but that's the impression I get from seeing normies reaction to suicide especially toward males that make a spectacle of their final moments.

think of it like a TV series.
maybe season 1 and 2 is good but inevitably you will start repeating yourself and the show will become a pitiable zombie form of itself, like Simpsons.
not every show must be 50 seasons long.

and he spent his life giving great literary work to the world. that will last forever, and his suicide was a final, beautiful gift given to us by a great man the likes of which has never walked the earth before and maybe never will again.
not only was he the greatest writer who ever lived, his death and life were exemplary and shining, like a saint's or martyr's.

had he not killed himself in this painful way and been decapitated, his hold on my mind and heart would be reduced immeasurably.

@HidekiTojota
@Ecstasy
@LonelyMishima

don't you agree that mishima's suicide was a beautiful, radiant thing, a gift to the world?
i'm sure many people agree.

Giga based. Suicide is the most human thing you can do. All the idiots who say suicide is cucked have been brainwashed by their respective societies into believing it's "the coward's way out". Think for yourselves buddyboyos

maybe season 1 and 2 is good but inevitably you will start repeating yourself and the show will become a pitiable zombie form of itself, like Simpsons.

and he spent his life giving great literary work to the world. that will last forever, and his suicide was a final, beautiful gift given to us by a great man the likes of which has never walked the earth before and maybe never will again.
not only was he the greatest writer who ever lived, his death and life were exemplary and shining, like a saint's or martyr's.

had he not killed himself in this painful way and been decapitated, his hold on my mind and heart would be reduced immeasurably.

@HidekiTojota
@Ecstasy
@LonelyMishima

don't you agree that mishima's suicide was a beautiful, radiant thing, a gift to the world?
You have to take into account that he only committed seppuku after failing to inspire JSDF officers into rebelling

Him committing seppuku was much better than just giving up and going to jail afterwards, there was really no way out of Mishima’s situation after he had failed his goal

bruh what?
i have never heard of this before?

You have to take into account that he only committed seppuku after failing to inspire JSDF officers into rebelling

Him committing seppuku was much better than just giving up and going to jail afterwards, there was really no way out of Mishima’s situation after he had failed his goal

The goal was designed to fail.
It was a mask for the violent suicide he desired since early childhood.
There was no chance of success.
In "Runaway Horses," Mishma extols the virtue of suicide for a futile cause, one that cannot hope to succeed.
That's why Isao kills the politician and himself only after he realizes he will accomplish nothing.
The death itself is the purpose.

Is there proof that he engaged in homosexual acts, or just rumors?
There is an urban legend that he played sex games with red ribbons with the young man who killed himself alongside, but those were never substantiated.
There's nothing in his biography by John Nathan that suggests Mishima had gay sex, and Nathan had a grudge against Mishima while writing the book (after Mishima ghosted him shortly before planning his suicide). John Nathan would certainly have put included such scandalous instances of gay sex had he had evidence.
He also claimed that during his research for "Forbidden Colors," Mishima frequented gay bars but never fucked any men.
As for the homoeroticism in his novels, it's a literary conceit that goes back centuries.
It's hard to argue that he didn't have gay tendencies but did he engage in them?
He may have been bisexual, but he did have a wife and father a son and daughter.
If you know, I'd want to know, but nothing I've seen suggests this.
there isn't a dude in japan who was his friend or something who claimed they had a relationship for a while?

there's a dude in japan who was his friend or something who claimed they had a relationship for a while.

yeah, it could be true.
it's hard to deny from the homoeroticism that's in all his novels that he wasn't gay to a certain extent.
i guess everyone has flaws.

yeah, it could be true.
it's hard to deny from the homoeroticism that's in all his novels that he wasn't gay to a certain extent.
i guess everyone has flaws.
oh yeah, wasn't really sure about that so I edited my post, but I remember reading about this dude and how Yukio's family got mad at him for revealing that.

whether we was gay or not he's still an icon and had a respectable life and career.

oh yeah, wasn't really sure about that so I edited my post, but I remember reading about this dude and how Yukio's family got mad at him for revealing that.

whether we was gay or not he's still an icon and had a respectable life and career.

Thomas Mann was probably gay and Hart Crane was for sure gay.
But they are two of the best writers who lived.
They still have male minds and can actually create literature, unlike foid writers (the best of whom can create poems that resemble song lyrics).

Thomas Mann was probably gay and Hart Crane was for sure gay.
But they are two of the best writers who lived.
They still have male minds and can actually create literature, unlike foid writers (the best of whom can create poems that resemble song lyrics).
true, I have way more respect towards gay men than foids that's for sure

gotta find some time to read some of these guy's works

The goal was designed to fail.
It was a mask for the violent suicide he desired since early childhood.
There was no chance of success.
In "Runaway Horses," Mishma extols the virtue of suicide for a futile cause, one that cannot hope to succeed.
That's why Isao kills the politician and himself only after he realizes he will accomplish nothing.
The death itself is the purpose.
Mogs me at reading Mishima's works
I don't like fiction, I only read historical ones

true, I have way more respect towards gay men than foids that's for sure

gotta find some time to read some of these guy's works

These are good:

The Temple of the Golden Pavilion (the best by far)
Confessions of a Mask
And his final tetralogy (esp. last two books)

These are okay:

The Sailor who Fell from Grace with the Sea
Forbidden Colors
After the Banquet

These are garbage:

Life for Sale
Thirst for Love
The Sound of Waves

And his short stories and Noh plays are really good, as well as Sun and Steel.

These are good:

The Temple of the Golden Pavilion (the best by far)
Confessions of a Mask
And his final tetralogy (esp. last two books)

These are okay:

The Sailor who Fell from Grace with the Sea
Forbidden Colors
After the Banquet

These are garbage:

Life for Sale
Thirst for Love
The Sound of Waves

And his short stories and Noh plays are really good, as well as Sun and Steel.
I heard his novels are super hard to read in japanese, a lot of obscure vocabs and stuff. Definitely not books made to the "common folk". Thanks boyo, bookmarked :feelsYall:

I heard his novels are super hard to read in japanese, a lot of obscure vocabs and stuff. Definitely not books made to the "common folk". Thanks boyo, bookmarked :feelsYall:

yeah, he had the largest usable vocabulary of any Japanese writer.
but the translations of his books are consistent in capturing his style, which is different from that of other Japanese writers in translation, which tend to resemble each other.

@HidekiTojota
@Ecstasy
@LonelyMishima

Im on work rn but to make it short: Yes! The heroic, even senseless death at the peak for your life for the sake of something bigger is the most romantic and manly thing you can do.

Poor Japan leave them alone Americucks

@HidekiTojota
@Ecstasy
@LonelyMishima

yes

too bad imperial japan turned into some cucked enslavement camp with a sprinkle of degenerate anime

On 25/11/1970 he occupied the japanese defense office with the Tatenokai, a paramilitary squad created by himself. He gave a speech in which he praised the samurai culture and japanese nationalism with the values it brings and denounced the american occupation and the new costitution, after which he committed seppuku (the traditional suicide of the samurai) together with his closest collaborator Masakatsu Morita

View attachment 377044

He died as he lived, following his values and beliefs. While all around him his dear homeland fell to the western degeneracy: the women refused japanese men to become side-bitches of the american soldiers. the young men grew distant from the ancient values he deeply believed in, and the puppet politicians did nothing to stop it.

The last samurai of Japan and maybe the last true warrior of this world, he fought until the end for what he believed in and when he realized there was no chance, he preferred death to live as just another demoralized npc
Based af , what a hero, I’ve always wanted to be a honorable samurai but not gay

JFL Japan was westernized way before WWII.
this, it was reason why the dominated china and east asia cause they had western technology before 2WW, he probably was just mad that japan lost to US, while nips drreamed about world domination and they would be in place of anglos

@Lebensmüder
@SocialzERo
@Legionarivs

this, it was reason why the dominated china and east asia cause they had western technology before 2WW, he probably was just mad that japan lost to US, while nips drreamed about world domination and they would be in place of anglos

@Lebensmüder
@SocialzERo
@Legionarivs
japan became demilitarized and the emperor lost his divinity as a result of losing the war.
so they may have been heading down the path of westernization and would be fully westernized today, but of course losing the war accelerated this and caused a culture shock when white military entered the country and began fucking japanese women and instilled capitalistic practices.

mishima didn't give a shit about world domination; he saw japan as "clean" like pure water and western influences as dirty, associated with trash. it's a more ethnonationalist point of view. when tanizaki was talking shit about koreans in his novels, mishima never mentioned this. "the decay of the angel," his last novel, takes place in the future where japan has ultimately become overridden by western influence and there are ugly western cars and coco-cola cans strewn everywhere. he wasn't even politically minded. he was autistic and using that justification as a reason to kill himself violently as he promised.

japan became demilitarized and the emperor lost his divinity as a result of losing the war.
so they may have been heading down the path of westernization and would be fully westernized today, but of course losing the war accelerated this and caused a culture shock when white military entered the country and began fucking japanese women and instilled capitalistic practices.

mishima didn't give a shit about world domination; he saw japan as "clean" like pure water and western influences as dirty, associated with trash. it's a more ethnonationalist point of view. when tanizaki was talking shit about koreans in his novels, mishima never mentioned this. "the decay of the angel," his last novel, takes place in the future where japan has ultimately become overridden by western influence and there are ugly western cars and coco-cola cans strewn everywhere. he wasn't even politically minded. he was autistic and using that justification as a reason to kill himself violently as he promised.
he may not wanted world domination but nips wanted this or at least be at top of social ladder which was setted by anglos

there was one quote about this some but can't find it out
generally asians thought that they owned a world but then they were btfo by europeans and it fused their inferiority complex with superiority one