Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Meme A quick guide to remembering distinctions in quantifiers

ChinaNumber1Fan

ChinaNumber1Fan

Greycel
Ok, so for some bizarre reason, people don't seem to understand the difference between ∀∃ and ∃∀ (for those of you not familiar with the notation, '∀' means 'forall', and '∃' means 'there exists'). Now if I ever have to tutor a young boy this, I already have just the right intuition. For one we want to think about these quantifiers as 'relations'. This sounds less vaguer in my head so let me elaborate.
Let's have a set A of objects {a_1,a_2, ...} and set B of objects {b_1,b_2, ...}. Now we also have a set of objects and their relations, R = {(a_i, b_j), a_i and b_j are related}. Now let's look at the differences with these 2 structures.
With ∀x∈A∃y∈B|(x,y) we have the rule that each object has at least 1 partner. This means that there doesn't exist an a_i in S that there is no (a_i, b_j) in R. Now, this is a somewhat ideal world. We haven't ruled out the polygamous condition, but in the very least everyone has somebody. (If we wanted monogamy, we'd use '∃!'.
However, let's look at ∃x∈S∀y∈S|(x,y). This shit. This shit right here is what I'd like to call the blackest of all pills. This one dude is fucking every single female. Just think about this for a moment. Imagine some emperor of man tier giga-chad that is 60ft tall and has a 15 foot monster cock roaming around the planet impregnating every woman he sees. This is the type of stuff we'd be dealing with.

So gentlemen, I hope you do not mix your quantifiers again.

It is educational material. Who knows, maybe one day you could use it.
sorry im too low iq to understand this gave on trying to read it after first sentence

sorry im too low iq to understand this gave on trying to read it after first sentence
Don't give up. This provides a learning opportunity. Actually I know of some good books that get you started on university maths (as taught to future mathematicians) that should also introduce the symbols I am using. This one is particularly nice. There's also 'How to prove it', but I feel like that one has less beginner friendly exercises.

So high IQ, nice avi too

gCmzZRP.gif

Don't give up. This provides a learning opportunity. Actually I know of some good books that get you started on university maths (as taught to future mathematicians) that should also introduce the symbols I am using. This one is particularly nice. There's also 'How to prove it', but I feel like that one has less beginner friendly exercises.
Interesting, I used this same book for my discrete math course. Could it be an incel trait?

Are you a mathcel too? I learned this stuff in intro to mathematical proofs class.

Btw, you're explanation introduces ,needlessly, new notation (sets, indexing ...) that most people will not understand because they don't have exposure to it, so they will most likely not understand what you're saying.

The concept is pretty trivial and can be explained without a lot of jargon.

Last edited:
Are you a mathcel too? I learned this stuff in intro to mathematical proofs class.

Btw, you're explanation introduces ,needlessly, new notation (sets, indexing ...) that most people will not understand because they don't have exposure to it, so they will most likely not understand what you're saying.

The concept is pretty trivial and can be explained without a lot of jargon.
Oh hi fellow mathcel! Also yeah probably. In my mind it had much less jargon and all of the sets and stuff just looked like arrows. But to show the extra visual intuition would require me drawing pictures and stuff and I was too lazy at the time (that probably doesn't make any sense). And yeah it is a pretty simply concept, just a funny shitpost

The only mathematics that matter is the angle of your jaw and tilt of your eye area.

my balls itch reading this