Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

A story of autism and World of Warcraft.It's just a damn game,probably nobody in the world has such weird dilemmas and relationship with a game as me.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Warning: Long story so if I'm going to bore you I'm going to start from the beginning.

So I played WoW for many thousands of hours for years. But for many, many years it was on private servers. Not even raiding, not even very competitive pvp. Idk what I did, I played battlegrounds, I leveled up, I dueled. Custom servers, lvl 255 servers. Idk what I did for so much time, but I wasted a lot of time on the game.

During MoP I also saved up lunch money and bought WoW. It was expensive, I'm in a poor country where average salaries are under $300, so it was quite an investment. But I was frugal and my parents gave me some lunch money at times, and I ate very well at home anyway (I was chubby anyway). Lmao, ended up playing for a total for like 1 or 2 hours. Wasted so much fucking money, Jesus. After that I kinda quit, came back to private servers for a short while every now and then.

So during the last patch of Legion, I get the strong cravings to play WoW again. But this time I really wanted retail. So I bought the game again, this time in the EU region, last time I bought US for some fucking reason. And the prices are ever so slightly lower for my country, wow, that's a first. Even steam has expensive prices. So I asked my dad and as a gift he gave me money Legion. And 2 months of play time. And I thought "well, as long as I'm asking for this gargantuan sum of money for a game, might as well buy BfA", and so I bought Legion + BfA.

So I start playing Legion. New account, I start from scratch. I waste my time leveling up like 10 characters in those 2 months. Like 6 or 7 of them to 110, grinded the shit out of the game. No wait, 2 months was for time dad paid. I think I played for 3 or 4 months idk. Here's what I did in that time, a complete waste of time: I leveled characters that I didn't really play after reaching max level (and now in Shadowlands it's all obsolete, leveling has been made so much easier. Total waste of hundreds of hours that I did NOT enjoy, it was so tedious, why the fuck did I do it?). Other than that I didn't do much, my main activity was grinding gold for WoW tokens to get blizzard balance to turn into game time in the future. I grinded for hundreds of hours, many hundreds. Day in, day out. Skinning was my method, literal grinding like a bot. I made very little gold per hour and WoW tokens are very expensive on EU since russians grind a lot and makes gold worth less, so it was like 20 or 30 hours for 1 fucking token, all of hardcore grinding. Prices were shit on the server too.

Short detour of the story: So I grind the shit out of the game and get quite a lot of tokens. Maybe 10 tokens in total, I don't remember. I turn them into Blizzard balance. And as always, I'm so shit with money, I always buy things I regret. I bought Destiny 2. Fucking hated that game, omg it was so empty and fucking pointless, but I stuck with it a bit cause of the money I paid. Of course now all the content that I paid for got made f2p lmao, so not only did I hate the game back then, but now everybody can access it for free. So I wasted like 3 or 4 tokens to buy that (tokens are worth less for my region, each token is like 550 rubles, and it cost like 2000 or 3000 rubles to buy the game). That's like 100 hours of grinding for a game I fucking hated. And another thing I spent money on was Diablo 3, all xpacs + Necromancer. Fucking hated that game too, barely played it. God damn I almost never spend money I'm so fucking frugal, but when I do spend money I always fucking regret it. Ohh right btw, at a certain point, don't remember when, I bought Overwatch but with real fucking money. Bought it at full price, at then a week or so later they had a fucking sale. Jesus Christ ffs I'm so stupid. Keep in mind I'm in a poor country too, lmao I'm retarded.

Anyway, so far so good. Not that weird. Now to the weird part.

So as you have seen, I don't know what the fuck I did in the game for so many thousands of hours. I leveled characters, which is not really the game, it's just a time waster till you get to the end-game the real game. I fucking hated leveling and yet it's most of what I did when I didn't waste my life grinding gold to pay for the sub.

WoW is a game for raiding and dungeons. I fucking hate raids, I think they're pointless. They're essentially pressing your buttons to do your rotation while avoiding the boss' mechanics, which to me is boring as fuck. And you also need to do it with a bunch of people, and I hate people. And you might even need a guild, I don't like guilds. So why the fuck did I play the game for so long if I hate the only parts that it's made for? I'm not even good at pvp so I didn't really do much of it.

So, finally to the weird part. As you see, I don't even know what I did in the game. It's essentially a bunch of filler to get you to the Raids and m+ which are the only good thing, and I fucking hated Raids so the entire game was pointless to me. I don't know why I played, I don't know what I did when I played. And yet I keep having the strong craving to play again, every few months it haunts me.

Ohh right I forgot to add, I quit before BfA, the game was fucking garbage for me, I hated it. But I couldn't refund BfA cause I fucking made allied class characters and once you did you couldn't refund. So I fucking game back for BfA. Bought a month of play time. Played 3 fucking days and then I couldn't log back in, it was too fucking shit, the game sucked for me. Just as garbage as Legion but somehow worse. It just felt pointless, I didn't like raids so it dawned on me that this game is totally fucking pointless for me. I tried so hard to convince myself to play, but I couldn't, it was pointless. 3 days out of 30, every day not played was hurting me psychologically, felt like I wasted so much money (or so much of my time spent grinding for that token to pay for the time), and I'm not even playing. So yeah, I played 3 days of fucking BfA, and yet not only did I waste money for that 1 month, but I prepaid for the expansion REAL FUCKING MONEY, while living in a poor country so that money was a fucking lot of money.

Anyway, I still get cravings though. What the fuck? The game is pointless for me since I don't like raids, I don't really see the point of anything in the game, and yet I get fucking strong cravings? So I came back once more. It was like 1 month after Classic released, but I didn't want to play classic, I played enough private servers, I came back for retail. But before I did that, for like 1 month if not more I though about it. I fucking contemplated whether it's worth coming back, cause I knew I'd feel it's pointless the moment I paid for 1 month. Seriously, hours every day thinking about it, for weeks. Watching youtube videos, reading the subreddit, forums. Pros and cons, thinking about what I like about the game etc... I fucking made like 5 or so fucking trial characters. Leveled them to 20, even deleted some, and then tried again. I wanted to see if I still liked the game or something. Anyway, eventually I pulled the trigger. Bought a month of game time. BAAAAAAM. 20 fucking minutes later, or maybe 1 hour idk, I get buyer's remorse. I'm fucking panicking for real, I realize I fucking hate the game, I find it pointless and it was a waste of money. Luckily I made a ticket to Blizzard with a bullshit excuse and I managed to get a refund of the Bnet balance. Phew.

So I get cravings and I still want to play the game very strongly every now and then. But I try to dissuade myself, I scour the internet for negative comments and threads and videos about WoW, to convince myself not to play. I even trolled the MMOchampion forums for like a month. It was hard cause they ban people and lock threads so easily, they really simp for Blizzard and WoW a lot. Eventually got banned, but I was really obsessed with it for some reason. I guess shitting on WoW made me feel better and not want to play it for a whille.

And finally the story is kinda ending. Maybe I forgot a few things. I get cravings every now and then. I'm getting really strong cravings now, especially since Shadowlands prepatch means everybody gets Bfa for free, meaning I really did waste soooo much fucking money and I played BfA for a grand total of 3 days. Still fucking pissed at this company. I'll probably end up playing eventually, but I really don't feel like wasting the money so I'll see, maybe I'll manage to put it off till the xpac is on sale or something. I still don't understand why I want to play that fucking game. I hate Raids, I hate m+, I hate guilds and I have no friends, what the fuck is keeping me to that game, makes no fucking sense. This story wouldn't be this fucking weird if I at least enjoyed those things, but I don't so what the hell am I doing?

Well, the end. Probably even forgot some things cause my memory is shit.

Brutal noreplypill

You must have enjoyed it. Otherwise you wouldn't have played it.

It you don't enjoy it now, then you won't play anymore.

Regardless, the time you spent playing is a sunk cost. It shouldn't negatively affect your future decisions.

You must have enjoyed it. Otherwise you wouldn't have played it.

It you don't enjoy it now, then you won't play anymore.

Regardless, the time you spent playing is a sunk cost. It shouldn't negatively affect your future decisions.
Unfortunately, for some reason, you can do things for thousands of hours without really enjoying them. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've spent my entire life since I was a kid 16 hours a day laying in bed with my laptop (minus school and shit). I guess eventually everything feels samey, your mind becomes somewhat numb, and so you do something just to waste time. Too bad I didn't really enjoy anything in life, I did somewhat have a vague longing of doing something else, but nothing was really interesting to me, so I just rotted at home my entire life.

Unfortunately, for some reason, you can do things for thousands of hours without really enjoying them. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've spent my entire life since I was a kid 16 hours a day laying in bed with my laptop (minus school and shit). I guess eventually everything feels samey, your mind becomes somewhat numb, and so you do something just to waste time. Too bad I didn't really enjoy anything in life, I did somewhat have a vague longing of doing something else, but nothing was really interesting to me, so I just rotted at home my entire life.

It sounds like you had high expectations of yourself or high standards of happiness and you didn't meet them.

But how can you be sure you weren't doing what was in your best interest?

WoW is still better then the real world on nightmare mode.

The time you lost having fun, wasn't lost.

I'm still actively playing WoW. I have been playing for 10 years, every class on max level and about 30k achievment points.

Have you tried wow classic op? Leveling is way more fun and you feel like part of an immersive world

Have you tried wow classic op? Leveling is way more fun and you feel like part of an immersive world
Played the shit out of private servers for years before I tried retail. That included vanilla servers, even ones with x1 rates. So for me classic is been there done that, ain't paying 15 bucks to Blizzard for something I could and did get for free.

Played the shit out of private servers for years before I tried retail. That included vanilla servers, even ones with x1 rates. So for me classic is been there done that, ain't paying 15 bucks to Blizzard for something I could and did get for free.
Tbh I love Shadowlands right now because I can spam battlegrounds (takes 2 mins to enter a match as alliance) and you can gear up from pvp only. Fuck those gay ass dungeons and raids

Warning: Long story so if I'm going to bore you I'm going to start from the beginning.

So I played WoW for many thousands of hours for years. But for many, many years it was on private servers. Not even raiding, not even very competitive pvp. Idk what I did, I played battlegrounds, I leveled up, I dueled. Custom servers, lvl 255 servers. Idk what I did for so much time, but I wasted a lot of time on the game.

During MoP I also saved up lunch money and bought WoW. It was expensive, I'm in a poor country where average salaries are under $300, so it was quite an investment. But I was frugal and my parents gave me some lunch money at times, and I ate very well at home anyway (I was chubby anyway). Lmao, ended up playing for a total for like 1 or 2 hours. Wasted so much fucking money, Jesus. After that I kinda quit, came back to private servers for a short while every now and then.

So during the last patch of Legion, I get the strong cravings to play WoW again. But this time I really wanted retail. So I bought the game again, this time in the EU region, last time I bought US for some fucking reason. And the prices are ever so slightly lower for my country, wow, that's a first. Even steam has expensive prices. So I asked my dad and as a gift he gave me money Legion. And 2 months of play time. And I thought "well, as long as I'm asking for this gargantuan sum of money for a game, might as well buy BfA", and so I bought Legion + BfA.

So I start playing Legion. New account, I start from scratch. I waste my time leveling up like 10 characters in those 2 months. Like 6 or 7 of them to 110, grinded the shit out of the game. No wait, 2 months was for time dad paid. I think I played for 3 or 4 months idk. Here's what I did in that time, a complete waste of time: I leveled characters that I didn't really play after reaching max level (and now in Shadowlands it's all obsolete, leveling has been made so much easier. Total waste of hundreds of hours that I did NOT enjoy, it was so tedious, why the fuck did I do it?). Other than that I didn't do much, my main activity was grinding gold for WoW tokens to get blizzard balance to turn into game time in the future. I grinded for hundreds of hours, many hundreds. Day in, day out. Skinning was my method, literal grinding like a bot. I made very little gold per hour and WoW tokens are very expensive on EU since russians grind a lot and makes gold worth less, so it was like 20 or 30 hours for 1 fucking token, all of hardcore grinding. Prices were shit on the server too.

Short detour of the story: So I grind the shit out of the game and get quite a lot of tokens. Maybe 10 tokens in total, I don't remember. I turn them into Blizzard balance. And as always, I'm so shit with money, I always buy things I regret. I bought Destiny 2. Fucking hated that game, omg it was so empty and fucking pointless, but I stuck with it a bit cause of the money I paid. Of course now all the content that I paid for got made f2p lmao, so not only did I hate the game back then, but now everybody can access it for free. So I wasted like 3 or 4 tokens to buy that (tokens are worth less for my region, each token is like 550 rubles, and it cost like 2000 or 3000 rubles to buy the game). That's like 100 hours of grinding for a game I fucking hated. And another thing I spent money on was Diablo 3, all xpacs + Necromancer. Fucking hated that game too, barely played it. God damn I almost never spend money I'm so fucking frugal, but when I do spend money I always fucking regret it. Ohh right btw, at a certain point, don't remember when, I bought Overwatch but with real fucking money. Bought it at full price, at then a week or so later they had a fucking sale. Jesus Christ ffs I'm so stupid. Keep in mind I'm in a poor country too, lmao I'm retarded.

So as you have seen, I don't know what the fuck I did in the game for so many thousands of hours. I leveled characters, which is not really the game, it's just a time waster till you get to the end-game the real game. I fucking hated leveling and yet it's most of what I did when I didn't waste my life grinding gold to pay for the sub.

WoW is a game for raiding and dungeons. I fucking hate raids, I think they're pointless. They're essentially pressing your buttons to do your rotation while avoiding the boss' mechanics, which to me is boring as fuck. And you also need to do it with a bunch of people, and I hate people. And you might even need a guild, I don't like guilds. So why the fuck did I play the game for so long if I hate the only parts that it's made for? I'm not even good at pvp so I didn't really do much of it.

So, finally to the weird part. As you see, I don't even know what I did in the game. It's essentially a bunch of filler to get you to the Raids and m+ which are the only good thing, and I fucking hated Raids so the entire game was pointless to me. I don't know why I played, I don't know what I did when I played. And yet I keep having the strong craving to play again, every few months it haunts me.

Ohh right I forgot to add, I quit before BfA, the game was fucking garbage for me, I hated it. But I couldn't refund BfA cause I fucking made allied class characters and once you did you couldn't refund. So I fucking game back for BfA. Bought a month of play time. Played 3 fucking days and then I couldn't log back in, it was too fucking shit, the game sucked for me. Just as garbage as Legion but somehow worse. It just felt pointless, I didn't like raids so it dawned on me that this game is totally fucking pointless for me. I tried so hard to convince myself to play, but I couldn't, it was pointless. 3 days out of 30, every day not played was hurting me psychologically, felt like I wasted so much money (or so much of my time spent grinding for that token to pay for the time), and I'm not even playing. So yeah, I played 3 days of fucking BfA, and yet not only did I waste money for that 1 month, but I prepaid for the expansion REAL FUCKING MONEY, while living in a poor country so that money was a fucking lot of money.

Anyway, I still get cravings though. What the fuck? The game is pointless for me since I don't like raids, I don't really see the point of anything in the game, and yet I get fucking strong cravings? So I came back once more. It was like 1 month after Classic released, but I didn't want to play classic, I played enough private servers, I came back for retail. But before I did that, for like 1 month if not more I though about it. I fucking contemplated whether it's worth coming back, cause I knew I'd feel it's pointless the moment I paid for 1 month. Seriously, hours every day thinking about it, for weeks. Watching youtube videos, reading the subreddit, forums. Pros and cons, thinking about what I like about the game etc... I fucking made like 5 or so fucking trial characters. Leveled them to 20, even deleted some, and then tried again. I wanted to see if I still liked the game or something. Anyway, eventually I pulled the trigger. Bought a month of game time. BAAAAAAM. 20 fucking minutes later, or maybe 1 hour idk, I get buyer's remorse. I'm fucking panicking for real, I realize I fucking hate the game, I find it pointless and it was a waste of money. Luckily I made a ticket to Blizzard with a bullshit excuse and I managed to get a refund of the Bnet balance. Phew.

So I get cravings and I still want to play the game very strongly every now and then. But I try to dissuade myself, I scour the internet for negative comments and threads and videos about WoW, to convince myself not to play. I even trolled the MMOchampion forums for like a month. It was hard cause they ban people and lock threads so easily, they really simp for Blizzard and WoW a lot. Eventually got banned, but I was really obsessed with it for some reason. I guess shitting on WoW made me feel better and not want to play it for a whille.

And finally the story is kinda ending. Maybe I forgot a few things. I get cravings every now and then. I'm getting really strong cravings now, especially since Shadowlands prepatch means everybody gets Bfa for free, meaning I really did waste soooo much fucking money and I played BfA for a grand total of 3 days. Still fucking pissed at this company. I'll probably end up playing eventually, but I really don't feel like wasting the money so I'll see, maybe I'll manage to put it off till the xpac is on sale or something. I still don't understand why I want to play that fucking game. I hate Raids, I hate m+, I hate guilds and I have no friends, what the fuck is keeping me to that game, makes no fucking sense. This story wouldn't be this fucking weird if I at least enjoyed those things, but I don't so what the hell am I doing?

If not for WoW it would have been another cope. It doesn't change the underlying circumstances that drove you to dedicating so much of your time into a cope in the first place tbh

Tbh I love Shadowlands right now because I can spam battlegrounds (takes 2 mins to enter a match as alliance) and you can gear up from pvp only. Fuck those gay ass dungeons and raids
BfA burned me too hard. I'll never give Blizzard my money again. They really burned me, I'm still so pissed even after so much time. Doesn't help that I resubbed for prepatch and I felt so fucking hollow, I literally quit in 2 days again. I got 0 enjoyment, 0.

BfA burned me too hard. I'll never give Blizzard my money again. They really burned me, I'm still so pissed even after so much time. Doesn't help that I resubbed for prepatch and I felt so fucking hollow, I literally quit in 2 days again. I got 0 enjoyment, 0.
Literally same. I also leveled a lot of alts in bfa when the leveling was slow af, and I couldn't find a main. I was fucking sick of the game. I also resubbed for the prepatch and the game felt fucking empty. But I was really high one night and I wanted to play shadowlands, so before I knew it I bought the game and had a blast. But of course you can just wait a year or so before playing the expansion

Literally same. I also leveled a lot of alts in bfa when the leveling was slow af, and I couldn't find a main. I was fucking sick of the game. I also resubbed for the prepatch and the game felt fucking empty. But I was really high one night and I wanted to play shadowlands, so before I knew it I bought the game and had a blast. But of course you can just wait a year or so before playing the expansion
Haha, shit. The alt thing. FUCK. Wasted maybe like 1000 hours (or maybe less but idk) leveling alts in 7.3.5. Literally when they fucking made it slower to level. It was probably the slowest leveling experience in years. And of course retard me decides to start playing retail again and start leveling from zero so many max level chars. So many hours ... for what. I didn't do shit on those characters. Didn't raid. Didn't even play the next expansion. Basically I did all that in vain, now that I've quit the game. And the leveling is so much quicker now anyway, fuck, back then it took like 10 times as much as now. And I didn't even enjoy the process, fuck I hated it so much I leveled a character purely through pet battles cause I was fucking sick of levelling traditionally. And why the fuck did I do it in the first place? Cause Blizzard made a piece of shit addictive game that is also boring as fuck on the same class, so once you play a day or two at max level you want another class. Fuck I hate Blizzard. So many hundreds if not a thousand hours wasted in those 2 or 3 months I played, leveling shit for no fucking reason.

You think thats bad i bought the epic edition and i only played like a month

Haha, shit. The alt thing. FUCK. Wasted maybe like 1000 hours (or maybe less but idk) leveling alts in 7.3.5. Literally when they fucking made it slower to level. It was probably the slowest leveling experience in years. And of course retard me decides to start playing retail again and start leveling from zero so many max level chars. So many hours ... for what. I didn't do shit on those characters. Didn't raid. Didn't even play the next expansion. Basically I did all that in vain, now that I've quit the game. And the leveling is so much quicker now anyway, fuck, back then it took like 10 times as much as now. And I didn't even enjoy the process, fuck I hated it so much I leveled a character purely through pet battles cause I was fucking sick of levelling traditionally. And why the fuck did I do it in the first place? Cause Blizzard made a piece of shit addictive game that is also boring as fuck on the same class, so once you play a day or two at max level you want another class. Fuck I hate Blizzard. So many hundreds if not a thousand hours wasted in those 2 or 3 months I played, leveling shit for no fucking reason.
That's one of the reasons you can get hesitant on whether to buy a game or not ngl
If you aren't going to be able to play it long term and get bored of it in just a few months you start wondering whether it's really worth it to buy in the first place.

I only played 6 months of it and I was done.
I don't understand players wasting their time on it for years.

That's one of the reasons you can get hesitant on whether to buy a game or not ngl
If you aren't going to be able to play it long term and get bored of it in just a few months you start wondering whether it's really worth it to buy in the first place.
So, so true. Well said.
You think thats bad i bought the epic edition and i only played like a month
Blizzard is a plague upon mankind. Sorry you were basically ripped off mate.

I only played 6 months of it and I was done.
I don't understand players wasting their time on it for years.
Because there's new content coming every 6 months you inkwell, you don't play the same shit for years

WoW is still better then the real world on nightmare mode.
This, anything is better than reality.

I never once played WoW and I think it's because I have an addictive personality and kinda feared it would become a timesink for me. I appreciate you sharing your story, @anon1822

This, anything is better than reality.

I never once played WoW and I think it's because I have an addictive personality and kinda feared it would become a timesink for me. I appreciate you sharing your story, @anon1822
Smart man, good thinking staying away from this crap.

Never touched WoW because I have no friends, hate starting as a noob and not knowing what to do and did not want to embarrass myself and get trolled by a bunch of time sinking bored 14 year olds off from school. Plus it looks like shit and you have to pay monthly. I hate multiplayer games in general in all honesty.

ER also had a very weird relationship with WoW, maybe it's an incel trait.

Lol you just repeat yourself over snd over. Whole post can be summarized by you craving to play a game that you hate

Im pretty much in the same boat as you, i hate leveling but do it anyway all the time because i hate being with people talking in voice chat during raids. I never know which class to roll because blizzard constantly nerfs and buffs classes. I literally haven’t played end game since mop but i keep resubbing for some fucking reason. I also have this weird thing where i obsess over what race i am due to being blackilled, i always roll belf male because of psl autism.

Im pretty much in the same boat as you, i hate leveling but do it anyway all the time because i hate being with people talking in voice chat during raids. I never know which class to roll because blizzard constantly nerfs and buffs classes. I literally haven’t played end game since mop but i keep resubbing for some fucking reason. I also have this weird thing where i obsess over what race i am due to being blackilled, i always roll belf male because of psl autism.
Haha, most of my characters ended up Belf male too, uncanny.

Same, except Void Elves. The new elves on alliance that look exactly the same as blood elves except they also have blue skin tones.

Same, except Void Elves. The new elves on alliance that look exactly the same as blood elves except they also have blue skin tones.
Yeah I would've rolled one of those if I still played, but I'm not giving that shit ass company one cent of my money. Not one god damn cent, they've burned me enough.

You're fucked up man, you basically used that game to roleplay the life of your average working stiff in your country more or less. If you're poor pirate offline games or play runescape.

Ugh i just hate how blizzard nerfs classes constantly, and how warrior, more specific arms warrior, awlays is on the bottom of dps (my main in mop). How do people not reroll every month to a new class on the top? I dont get it. I really want to do wndgame but the only time i ever did a m+ was when j was drunk af and low inhib

Ugh i just hate how blizzard nerfs classes constantly, and how warrior, more specific arms warrior, awlays is on the bottom of dps (my main in mop). How do people not reroll every month to a new class on the top? I dont get it. I really want to do wndgame but the only time i ever did a m+ was when j was drunk af and low inhib
For me it's not even the performance of the classes, it's just that I get bored really easily and I want to play one class now and another class in a few hours. And I fucking wasted so much time because of that. And I hate that there's this "alt" system instead of having one character unlock all classes. I wish you'd have to grind only 1 set of gear and just change classes at the press of a button.

Ehh, fuck it, MMOs aren't for me anymore, I don't have the energy for that shit. Plus the illusion is broken for good for me.

For me it's not even the performance of the classes, it's just that I get bored really easily and I want to play one class now and another class in a few hours. And I fucking wasted so much time because of that. And I hate that there's this "alt" system instead of having one character unlock all classes. I wish you'd have to grind only 1 set of gear and just change classes at the press of a button.

Ehh, fuck it, MMOs aren't for me anymore, I don't have the energy for that shit. Plus the illusion is broken for good for me.
Yeah, my step dad mained undead rogue since classic and still plays to this very day in retail. He actually got warglaives on his rogue in tbc. Modern mmos just wont ever be the same as vanilla and tbc in 2004-2008. My adhd brain doesn’t let me just stick to one class. I autistically look up the dps rankings every day though jfl even though i have no interest in playing shadowlands

In wow your are not limited by your face. I enjoy wow. I make friends in wow. They are my only friends. It's probably the best cope in the world for me. The cost of wow is trivial for me, like an hour's wage per month, so whatever. Your situation is worse then mine, financially. Plus I'm good at pvp so I go around killing alliance pretending they are all chads. I really enjoy finding ways to grief players also.

Last edited:
In wow your are not limited by your face. I enjoy wow. I make friends in wow. They are my only friends. It's probably the best cope in the world for me. The cost of wow is trivial for me, like an hour's wage per month, so whatever. Your situation is worse then mine, financially. Plus I'm good at pvp so I go around killing alliance pretending they are all chads. I really enjoy finding ways to grief players also.
I still have some bnet balance I grinded out for hundreds if not thousands of hours. I could play the game right now for 2 or 3 months and it would cost me $0. But I won't cause it's a boring chore simulator.

I haven't played WoW since circa 2018, the grind to endgame was just too repetitive and got stale quickly, it didn't justify how much time and money I was sinking into the game when I could've been Moneymaxxing and NTmaxxing in my final years of High School in preparation for the future. My obsession with MMORPGs and escapism, among other things, is probably one of the reasons I'm socially stunted today.

I didn't even really get anywhere in the game think I only got to around level 69 :feelskek: before I stopped because the burnout was real from doing the same Fetch X or Kill Y or Talk to Z. Quests over and over again. And if I wasn't doing repetitive quests, I was doing LFD where nobody would talk, but they'd be very vocal giving you grief or cussing you out if you fucked up and made a mistake, you could practically feel the combined collective autism in the air.

Ngl though WoW had some really good music that I feel really nostalgic listening back to. Especially this one:

View: https://youtu.be/BPjeNWDsszw?t=289

I haven't played WoW since circa 2018, the grind to endgame was just too repetitive and got stale quickly, it didn't justify how much time and money I was sinking into the game when I could've been Moneymaxxing and NTmaxxing in my final years of High School in preparation for the future. My obsession with MMORPGs and escapism, among other things, is probably one of the reasons I'm socially stunted today.

I didn't even really get anywhere in the game think I only got to around level 69 :feelskek: before I stopped because the burnout was real from doing the same Fetch X or Kill Y or Talk to Z. Quests over and over again. And if I wasn't doing repetitive quests, I was doing LFD where nobody would talk, but they'd be very vocal giving you grief or cussing you out if you fucked up and made a mistake, you could practically feel the combined collective autism in the air.

Ngl though WoW had some really good music that I feel really nostalgic listening back to. Especially this one:

View: https://youtu.be/BPjeNWDsszw?t=289

Smart man for giving up so quickly. Lost years of my life not even enjoying that shit. Keep staying away from that shit, it's all just a chore simulator anyway.

Smart man for giving up so quickly. Lost years of my life not even enjoying that shit. Keep staying away from that shit, it's all just a chore simulator anyway.
Blizzard deserves to go to jail for capitalizing off of the loneliness of so many youngcels tbh. :cryfeels:

before i quit i only liked playing warlock but they keep ruining the class so i dont play anymore and blizz is dead to me anyway. mop and late wod destro was the most fun i had outside of tbc rot comps but i dont really pvp

before i quit i only liked playing warlock but they keep ruining the class so i dont play anymore and blizz is dead to me anyway. mop and late wod destro was the most fun i had outside of tbc rot comps but i dont really pvp
They fuck demo when dh came around, it was the only lock spec i liked besides mop destro

Not gonna read all that right now, but I believe I know where you're coming from.

I also get weird dilemmas with games. Right now I'm playing through Stardew Valley again, and for the life of me I can't decide between the waifus. I love Abigail's spunk, Leah's honesty, Penny's caring personality, etc...
I also love them all for being truly deep and interesting to get to know, as opposed to 3D. You take that Haley bimbo and be nice to her, and soon she'll come out of her shell.

I guess that's what you get when all of your characters are written by a man. They all represent an ideal waifu, something that can never exist IRL.

EDIT:

Right, I read through your post, and let me tell you, those games are designed to be addictive skinner boxes.
I used to play Path of Exile a lot, and I played it almost in the exact way you do WoW. You see, in PoE, the "fun" only begins on maps, basically consumable items that open up areas with high monster levels you try to clear as quickly as possible with modifiers which are as hard as possible so you get as many good items as possible.

The issue is that you're lucky if you get one good drop every ten maps, and if your build isn't some highly efficient and expensive steamroller it can take 10 minutes to clear one low tier map.
Add to that that you won't be using 99% of the items you collect, instead selling them to other players for as much currency as possible so you can buy better stuff for yourself.

Which is ironic, because I dislike the aproach to trading PoE takes and I dislike mapping. It is a boring, frustrating grind. Any fun i have is leveling characters, knowing perfectly well that I'm just playing the 12 hour long tutorial before the "real game" begins. That leveling, in turn, gets so boring that I quit every time after one character, and every time I play PoE anew, I get bored quicker. Still, sometimes, I get the same craving as you do.

Last edited:

i didnt read but wanna play wow on a private server together? im a pretty good warrior and rogue and i pvped and open battled a lot and have experience tbh.

i didnt read but wanna play wow on a private server together? im a pretty good warrior and rogue and i pvped and open battled a lot and have experience tbh.
Thanks for the offer but I'm afraid of relapsing if I try it again tbh. Been a few months since I made this thread, since then I've somehow managed to get it out of my system, I even managed to NOT play Shadowlands, because I bought a month during prepatch and I hated it and dropped it in 2 days, so boring.

Thanks for the offer but I'm afraid of relapsing if I try it again tbh. Been a few months since I made this thread, since then I've somehow managed to get it out of my system, I even managed to NOT play Shadowlands, because I bought a month during prepatch and I hated it and dropped it in 2 days, so boring.
i see bro. all i do is gank lowbies with my maxxed out rogue, game is pretty boring itself tbh i agree.

i see bro. all i do is gank lowbies with my maxxed out rogue, game is pretty boring itself tbh i agree.
Yeah, all the fun you do have in that game is random activities like ganking and whatnot, and those don't feel fulfilling. But the game just has this addictive quality to it where you're not having fun and are actually miserable but you keep playing it for some reason.