LifeFuel A Thread for Books

Caesercel

Caesercel

Baldcel wristcel framecel oldcel ethnicel
★★★★★
82d 16h 41m
Can anyone recomend me a series to read? I've recently read Skullduggery Pleasant by Derk Landy, The Magicians by Lev Grossman and The Last Dragon Chronicles by Chris D'Lacey. Also should I upgrade to a kindle paperwite for manga to be better and a backlight and waterproofing, I'm on a kindle basic the one just before they added lighting to it.
Try Malazan series. It takes a bit dedication but I've heard its alright. Broken empire series if you want a dark triad maxxed protag.

Snowstormhigh

Snowstormhigh

Death Awaits
★★★★
40d 16h 1m
I used to be a huge fan pro wrestling, so wrestling books are pretty much the only books I've read. This is one of my favs

Snowstormhigh

Snowstormhigh

Death Awaits
★★★★
40d 16h 1m
Snowstormhigh

Snowstormhigh

Death Awaits
★★★★
40d 16h 1m
LonelyMishima

LonelyMishima

Recruit
★★★★
1d 18h 27m
Has anyone read anything by Mishima?

EyesAreSoCold

EyesAreSoCold

Overlord
★★★★★
177d 17h 28m
Anyone know any good geopolitical books? I've started reading Diplomacy by Henry Kissinger but it's a little heavy.

Chin

Chin

Aspiring Artist
★★★
8d 7h 21m
Has anyone read anything by Mishima?
I read the Sailor That Fell From Grace With the Sea, which was based. I want to read more of his stuff maybe after finals.

LonelyMishima

LonelyMishima

Recruit
★★★★
1d 18h 27m
I read the Sailor That Fell From Grace With the Sea, which was based. I want to read more of his stuff maybe after finals.
its very good

BlackPill Scholar

BlackPill Scholar

Sagittalcel
★★★★★
97d 6h 54m
WithoutMe

WithoutMe

solar powered
★★★★★
47d 19h 12m
Books are meant for reading, not bookmarking. For what purpose does one use a bookmark for? Just read the whole thing jfl.
mogs me hard at persistencemaxxing

WorldYamataizer

WorldYamataizer

Banned
-
15d 7h 58m
I recommend Cockroach by Rawi Hage

A man, who is an immigrant from the Middle East, moves to the slums of Montreal, where he learns that he is stuck in poverty. When he tries to take his own life, a "man in a speedo" saves him. He is then sentenced to therapy, where he explains his horrid childhood and how he believes that he is a cockroach. He is also in love with a girl, Shohreh, and is friends/enemies with a man named Reza. He gets a job at a restaurant, and can't help but stare at his boss' daughter. He also steals from every rich man and poor woman. Throughout the book the man starts to slowly change, for better and worse.

Its dark humour

W

_why_

Banned
-
10h 55m
Sapiens, by Yuval Harari is really good. Id say he does very well at exploring how our hunther-gatherer paleo brains have behaved (and keep behaving) along "civilized" western history. And he does it in an entertaining and simple to understand way. Its a good read and good a cope, at least for me. He is low key black pilled too.

BlackPill Scholar

BlackPill Scholar

Sagittalcel
★★★★★
97d 6h 54m
From the first chapter:

"JOSEPH Goebbels reaches puberty at about thirteen. But given his later reputation is itworth emphasising that he will be thirty-three before he first has sexual intercoursewith a woman.15 For the intervening twenty years this brilliant but celibate cripple’slife will be a trail of temptations, near-seductions, and sexual rebuffs etched into hismemory. At thirteen he and his pal Herbert Beines have a grubby mudlark of a friend,Herbert Harperscheidt, whose stepmother Therese always wears crisp, clean skirts;so Joseph Goebbels recalls fourteen years later. The sexual arousal that he first de-tects towards this mature female returns when he is fifteen. He harbours secret crusheson women like Frau Lennartz, the factory owner’s wife. Evidently another passion-object, his brother Hans’s girlfriend Maria Liffers, does not return his feelings be-cause his teachers and her parents protest and Goebbels has a frightful scene with hisfather. All of his pals have girlfriends—Hompesch has one enticingly called MariaJungbluth. Goebbels however senses only a ‘dark yearning’ as Eros awakes in him.

‘My libido is sick,’ he will write aged twenty-six. ‘In affairs of the heart we humansare all scandalously selfish. For the phallus we sacrifice hecatombs of immortal souls.’16Basking in what he sees as one woman’s love he will reflect, ‘I am everything toher.␣ .␣ . Or am I allowed to savour life’s treasures more intensely because I am doomed to depart it early on? Now and again I have this premonition!’ "
Relatable ngl

keksofthebest

keksofthebest

Recruit
★★★★
4d 7h 37m
A good book series i've read was
Aqauman (new 52)
And a book i'm currently reading is

The Life of Johnny Reb: The Common Soldier of the Confederacy

Pengwin

Pengwin

Inhabitant of the Antarctic circle
★★★★★
74d 4h 38m
I'm currently reading the Rational male. Most of it is PUA crap but some of it is based.

inceldoompol

inceldoompol

Greycel
2h 56m
-100 years of solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
-Phenomenology of spirit by Georg Hegel
-Beyond good and evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
Beyond good and evil is very good book. I started my interest in philosophy with the books of Friedrich Nietzsche.

epillepsy

epillepsy

plz don't mock me
★★★★★
143d 13h 44m
I prefer reading it this way tbh.
yeah i like physical books a lot better too.
i just meant the process of ordering that book from the website seemed like a pain and expensive.
it's not as if you can buy that book in a used bookstore for cheap or even in a regular bookstore.

ionlycopenow

ionlycopenow

Virgin but not incel, BLM, ACAB, he/him
★★★★★
89d 14h 18m
Anyone ever read stoner? I just ordered a copy