Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Advice to youngcels: no matter how depressed you are, work hard and get a STEM degree.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Look, life can always get worse. Even if you have crippling depression and beg the universe to let you die in your sleep daily, it can still get much worse.

And one of the worst things for an incel is to have a shitty job. Unless your parents are rich you're going to have to wageslave, but the difference between wageslaving at a shit job that pays pennies vs having a decent job is night and day (although any job is still hell, I hate jobs so fucking much it's torture).

Anyway, don't do what I did. I had crippling depression since I was ~13 or 14 so I started drifting through life, rotting in bed all day and choosing the path of least resistance. Literally putting in the minimum amount of effort required so I would get back to rotting in bed.

And so I chose social science degrees. I knew what I was getting into from the get go. Hell, my depression was so bad cause I knew I'd end up here. But I was lazy, I wanted to rot instead of studying hard.

Don't choose shit degrees that are easy no matter how depressed you are or how much you want to just rot in bed. Choose hard ones that will pay off in the future. Now I'll be forced to wageslave shit jobs while daydreaming daily about some way to be self-employed and escape wageslavery. But there's still hope for you. Work your ass off now cause life can get so much worse than it already is.

P.S: This isn't related to foids or pussy in any way. You'll still be a virgin, but there's a difference between an incel with a good job and an incel wageslaving at some shit job that pays nothing.

Didn't read. If you are too depressed to study or work how would you do either:waitwhat: Sounds like you've never actually been depressed.

Didn't read. If you are too depressed to study or work how would you do either:waitwhat: Sounds like you've never actually been depressed.
That's the whole point of my thread. Don't be like me or your life will just worsen tenfold. It's a cautionary tale.

STEM will make you more incel than you already are.
Good, at least you'll be making a decent sum of money, not pennies at some job beneath you. Social sciences will make you even more of an incel while keeping you poor on top of that.

it seems the "fire" in you awoke brother good :feelzez::feelzez::feelzez:

That's the whole point of my thread. Don't be like me or your life will just worsen tenfold. It's a cautionary tale.
No. But if you PHYSICALLY CAN'T do something how would you do the very thing that you can't do? Please enlighten me.

it seems the "fire" in you awoke brother good :feelzez::feelzez::feelzez:
Nope, it's just a cautionary tale for the wee lads with their life ahead of them. I'm going to go through the motions as I always have, I know my circumstances and my abilities, it's over for me.

now you are at a point of regretting your choices : Good that means you want change now get off as we talked and ignite that engine and go kill it

true
being jobless makes the depression worse than it already is

true
being jobless makes the depression worse than it already is
Worse yet, knowing that when you do finally find a job it's going to be some shit slave gig that barely pays anything. And with social science degrees or other meme degrees, even if you do find a job in your field, it's still going to be a shit-paying slave gig. Even if you work there for 20 years you won't get far.

The route your telling me not to take is exactly the route I've been planning to take.

Dunno man.

I'll do anything I can to not have to go to uni but if I do I guess stem is the only option as an incel

The route your telling me not to take is exactly the route I've been planning to take.

Dunno man.

I'll do anything I can to not have to go to uni but if I do I guess stem is the only option as an incel
Are you thinking trades? I know there's been sort of a resurgence online to promote trades, but even plumbers, electricians etc... which are the cushiest of trades, even those have it much harder than a decent STEM job.

But I guess you're from the US and with your education costs it does complicate the decision. Hell, the loans might even worsen your depression, I can see that.

Are you thinking trades? I know there's been sort of a resurgence online to promote trades, but even plumbers, electricians etc... which are the cushiest of trades, even those have it much harder than a decent STEM job.

But I guess you're from the US and with your education costs it does complicate the decision. Hell, the loans might even worsen your depression, I can see that.
Not from the US

Not from the US
Well if education costs aren't too high in your country, I suggest going to college and getting a STEM degree. If your circumstances allow that of course.

I freelance work but it’s barley steady and I only been doing it for almost a year if you have too much acne ya can only get a job doing manual labor

Thanks OP.

I'm still fucked either way, the prospects for stem graduates in my field are bad.

The pay isn't even that great.

Agreed unless you have an IQ below 100. If it's slightly below 100 you can study something that can land you a webdev job though, but it's not a great fit if you're not NT. I could've been making decent money by now if I started studying it early rather than as an oldcel.

Just take jewpills while studying it. A high dosage of antidepressants can get you through it unless you kill yourself or go ER as a result of them, which is preferable to spending your entire 20s as a NEET anyway.

Well if education costs aren't too high in your country, I suggest going to college and getting a STEM degree. If your circumstances allow that of course.
I'm from your country you neek
I freelance work but it’s barley steady and I only been doing it for almost a year if you have too much acne ya can only get a job doing manual labor
Freelance what? This is what I aim to do. Freelance is perfect for an incel.

If u don't feel comfortable saying it publicly then pls pm me cuz I'm rlly interested in this stuff I really wanna do freelance when I finish school

I'm from your country you neek

Freelance what? This is what I aim to do. Freelance is perfect for an incel.

If u don't feel comfortable saying it publicly then pls pm me cuz I'm rlly interested in this stuff I really wanna do freelance when I finish school
Ideally I'd want to freelance/ be self-employed too. But I've researched it for years and it's really hard to actually get into that stuff.

Ideally I'd want to freelance/ be self-employed too. But I've researched it for years and it's really hard to actually get into that stuff.
Idc my ambition is as big as my Jewish nose

Idc my ambition is as big as my Jewish nose
That's good, that kind of spirit can get you far. The most important thing is discipline and focus though, can you maintain that kind of energy and ambition for years?

I agree. I have a masters degree in Web Development so that allows me to work from home almost constantly now which kind of helps my depression because the main source of hurt throughout my life is being reminded of my worthlessness to females BY females in every social environment and mundane situation and during doing the degree there were zero women compared to earlier in my life which was a blessing. So it depends on the type of degree you do too.

The problem for a lot of incels is they have the same source of hurt as me which alone can stop you from doing things like this hence why LDAR is so prevalent. Going to college/university and seeing foids Chad chasing metres away is Suicide Jet Fuel. These environments should be split into male and female in an ideal world the way some schools are.

I think society and women have really got that bad that the best we can hope for is a safe space away from women where we can also achieve our own goals. That is what I built for myself over the last 10 years.

my advice to youngcels: just rope tbh

No motivation

it's a good idea, unless you're an autistic brainlet who stopped learning beyond Grade 7.

Exactly, none, I just rot at 20
Same as every other year before, minus summer jobs
I suppose this is why I made this thread. I don't expect it to change any of your minds, I just wanted you to know that if you have it in you to change, you should do all that is possible to actually invest in your future now. Because you don't want to end up like me. I am where I am because of 1 reason only - being lazy. And I can blame it on a lot of things, but really it's just my own fault. Maybe it's not late for you, please change.

Look, life can always get worse. Even if you have crippling depression and beg the universe to let you die in your sleep daily, it can still get much worse.

And one of the worst things for an incel is to have a shitty job. Unless your parents are rich you're going to have to wageslave, but the difference between wageslaving at a shit job that pays pennies vs having a decent job is night and day (although any job is still hell, I hate jobs so fucking much it's torture).

Anyway, don't do what I did. I had crippling depression since I was ~13 or 14 so I started drifting through life, rotting in bed all day and choosing the path of least resistance. Literally putting in the minimum amount of effort required so I would get back to rotting in bed.

And so I chose social science degrees. I knew what I was getting into from the get go. Hell, my depression was so bad cause I knew I'd end up here. But I was lazy, I wanted to rot instead of studying hard.

Don't choose shit degrees that are easy no matter how depressed you are or how much you want to just rot in bed. Choose hard ones that will pay off in the future. Now I'll be forced to wageslave shit jobs while daydreaming daily about some way to be self-employed and escape wageslavery. But there's still hope for you. Work your ass off now cause life can get so much worse than it already is.

P.S: This isn't related to foids or pussy in any way. You'll still be a virgin, but there's a difference between an incel with a good job and an incel wageslaving at some shit job that pays nothing.
Did you stopped LDARmaxx?
And I can blame it on a lot of things, but really it's just my own fault.
The other posts didn't sound like that. I consider myself an anhedonic. ambitionless failure by nature, at least the tendency is strong within me.

Last edited:
Based and bullseye advice.

Im in uni rn trying not to fail thank for this

Very profound advice.

If you are poor and rotting at a minimum wage job. The reaper will take you soon.

But if you working a decent job, then atleast you are able to create some happiness for yourself with copes. You are able to do more for yourself than just 'survive'.

Did you stopped LDARmaxx?

The other posts didn't sound like that. I consider myself an anhedonic. ambitionless failure by nature, at least the tendency is strong within me.
No I'm still LDARing till ~June or July. After that I'll have no choice but to get some shit job. Since I won't be able to rot anymore once employed at that shit job, one of two things will happen. Either I'll hate working there so much that it will kick my desire to be self-employed into overdrive and I'll actually find something to do and be self-employed, or I'll hate working there very much but I'll do what I always did and go with the flow and give the minimum amount of effort while avoiding punishment. The path of least resistance.

As for my other posts, I whine a lot but I know the culprit is me, I'm the one who did it to myself.
Im in uni rn trying not to fail thank for this
What you do in uni determines the course of your entire life. No matter how meaningless those courses seem, no matter if they are in fact a bunch of useless bullshit, having a STEM degree can be the difference between a life of poverty and a life of relative comfort.
Based and bullseye advice.
I hope you'll find a comfy STEM job brocel.
Very profound advice.

If you are poor and rotting at a minimum wage job. The reaper will take you soon.

But if you working a decent job, then atleast you are able to create some happiness for yourself with copes. You are able to do more for yourself than just 'survive'.
Yep, money doesn't buy happiness but the lack of it dooms you for the rest of your life. Not to mention that your job also determines your status and even influences your self-respect.

Tfw tried this but had to drop out to help family and now broke

It seems to me that everything is interconnected.
An incel cannot have a successful job.

If everybody is STEM, nobody is STEM, if everybody is Chad, nobody is Chad, the same applies to this, I personally don't give a shit, and I will continue with my interest in art and social sciences.
Don't try to live life through others.

Tfw tried this but had to drop out to help family and now broke
That's some grim stuff, sorry to hear that.
I agree that looks play a gargantuan role even in your career. And unless you're a good-looking and sociable kiss-ass normie it's unlikely that you'll get far up the ladder.

BUT, there's a huge difference between an average STEM employee and some social science retard. Even if you don't get promoted or appeciated as an incel in STEM, you can still live a decent life with decent pay. But with a shit degree you'll truly be a slave.

based advice, doing it right now. My school has like 5 foids and 1000+ males so it's not that hard to focus on studying. At least i'll be able to do my favorite hobby's with this education

based advice, doing it right now. My school has like 5 foids and 1000+ males so it's not that hard to focus on studying. At least i'll be able to do my favorite hobby's with this education
Smart man, keep it up.

Life is now structured so that there is intense competition and no way out but to grind and struggle everyday but for average males only. People in power like this because it keeps those guys from thinking too much about how messed up the world is.
If everybody is STEM, nobody is STEM, if everybody is Chad, nobody is Chad, the same applies to this, I personally don't give a shit, and I will continue with my interest in art and social sciences.
Don't try to live life through others.
Respect tbh

ngl this thread makes me seethe as someone functionally retarded tho it's good advice, stupid to see people who can potentially make good money and find better copes LDAR.

Good post. Ngl could have done way better in school. Fuck

ngl this thread makes me seethe as someone functionally retarded tho it's good advice, stupid to see people who can potentially make good money and find better copes LDAR.
If it makes you feel better I'm functionally retarded too. I've been rotting in bed for 16 hours a day most days for so many years. Don't want to go into it again cause it seems I write a thread about this every day, it's getting old.
Good post. Ngl could have done way better in school. Fuck
School is so tough on outcasts like us, STEM seemed like an unreachable goal to me so I never even tried.

Besides STEM are they any other better alternatives?

If it makes you feel better I'm functionally retarded too. I've been rotting in bed for 16 hours a day most days for so many years. Don't want to go into it again cause it seems I write a thread about this every day, it's getting old.
You're a great poster, I think your mind is still there man, just everything else is atrophying.

Besides STEM are they any other better alternatives?
I did some googling and it appears that there are some alternatives but they won't work for everyone. For example, stuff like business degrees CAN be good, but they WON'T be good for anyone that isn't super sociable that goes out and networks and creates new contacts and connections everywhere. Gotta be super NT and extroverted.

Accounting is apparently not considered STEM so it's suggested as a good alternative. Can be a great job tbh if you can stomach the math. I couldn't even be an accountant, I swear to god my brain became even more ADD over the years. A few years ago I was in a statistics class and I knew perfectly well what I had to do, but for some reason my attention span was so shit I always got the wrong answer despite knowing the simple things I had to do. There were many very simple operations but for some reason I made mistakes every god damn time. Must've gotten an answer wrong like 10 times once, I knew the right answer but I just couldn't get there for some reason. So if you're retarded this way like me don't go into accounting.

Funnily, foids have the option of becoming a nurse, which is like THE profession that most articles say is the best paying non-stem job. And I also read several stories of how males that go into nursing are mocked and almost bullied by the female staff. And in general it's a bad job for males.

Same. It's depressing to see others mogging you and being able to persevere. I'm not inspired by it either like those "motivation" videos that talk about other's success. It does nothing for me.

Same. It's depressing to see others mogging you and being able to persevere. I'm not inspired by it either like those "motivation" videos that talk about other's success. It does nothing for me.
Yeah those don't inspire me either, I just get more depressed or even envious. But this was more of a cautionary tale for the young 'uns. They can still turn it around unlike us old farts.

yeah if i get linked to another jocko willnick podcast about the importance of waking up at 4AM and shitting blood I'll kms