Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel All a game needs is marketing and graphics

watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
★★
And I am not sure about the "graphics" part.

I am tired of watching shitty ass games (if you can even call them that) selling a lot because they have good graphics and big marketing campaigns... it is all games have turned into, stupid movies with no gameplay and that sometimes look pretty. I've played games on the NES (for example, Cocoron) who have more complexity in gameplay than your average AAA game in 2020 (for example, The Last of Us 2)

Even games in the same series turned into trash. Final Fantasy games used to had engaging gameplay, where you control a party of characters, each one with an unique function, strengths and weaknesses, etc. it made you feel like a strategist, planning your moves, thinking about the whole and not about the actions of one character. But FF15 is the complete opposite of that, a boring ass boyband walking simulator for morons. You just press the attack button over and over again, and you only control one dipshit, and you have the gayest, more soy quests ever.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw

I have the unpopular opinion that video games never truly became mainstream, they just incorporated other medium into it, to the point the people who like watching movies but don't like playing games are not "playing" these movie games.

Pirate triple a games then leave in depth negative reviews to get back at them

I just want GTA VI already FFS!

Also if a game has a microtransaction element it will be trash because that is all the developers will focus on

the last of us and new god of war are the best examples of this, games that focus on presenting an "emotional" story that takes itself extremely seriously at the expense of good and complex gameplay mechanics.

Welcome to the hate train. Gaming just isn't what it used to be.

It's all about esports titles now, the only games that require some skill and brainpower, too bad the community around these games are cesspools.

What's the golden era of vidya you consider @watcher

All gameniggers nowadays want to do is push their shitty SJW and politically correct politics down everyone's throat, they can give less of a shit about the quality of the game because of brand recognition. Cucks buy them up for le SJW morals and, most importantly, the graphics. The only good modern games are boomer shooter remakes or games designed like boomer shooters.

Fuck Wolfenstein: Youngblood. I'll play RTCW. Fuck Battlefield V. I'll play Battlefield: BC2, or my all time favorite, 1942. Fuck Fallout 76. I'll play Fallout 2. Not to mention fuck all the anime faggot shit tranny psyops, unless it's games like Senran Kagura that are simply just nude hot anime girls. I'll play something badass like Ghost Recon or F.E.A.R.

FUCK. MODERN. GAMES.

90's and early 00's
I'll play Fallout 2.
Patrician taste

Ah I see you are a man of culture

just make it anime like
The art style
Stupid weebs will buy it ded srs

holy fuck brutal skull mog i cant even cope elijah wood looks like a fucking alien :cryfeels:

Mid 00s when graphics were just getting good and micro transactions werent a thing yet

If you want a cinematic experience go to the cinema. I can't be arsed with all that I want something to actually do.

Graphics "started getting good" in the late 90's. If we're talking 3D graphics with the newfangled polygons. 2D games were more or less there by the late 80's.

0000002344.1920x1080.jpg

wO89njRFHa1rZNysULBKVxSTHfOtgl5t_tGYpkyb1osP4jlgFnpFuZ7IO00_P8Wl1Fqaiui-rpYPBUMUr82m5VnR9uI

If you want a cinematic experience go to the cinema. I can't be arsed with all that I want something to actually do.
At least actual movies try to be entertaining.

You never watch a movie where you see 2 characters making chitchat while they walk for 20 minutes so you can see how pretty the environment is.

It's almost like the only people working in these companies are the 2D/3D artists

At least actual movies try to be entertaining.

You never watch a movie where you see 2 characters making chitchat while they walk for 20 minutes so you can see how pretty the environment is.

That's pretty much of what 90% of the prequel Star Wars trilogy consisted of. Still better than Disney trilogy though, that's just stuff being thrown at you in your face every second. Rise of Skywalker didn't stop once, it was just constant motion right the way through to the end. If you went out for a pee you've missed a ton of stuff and also nothing at the same time.

Graphics "started getting good" in the late 90's. If we're talking 3D graphics with the newfangled polygons. 2D games were more or less there by the late 80's.
Tbh I agree, graphics got good around the time with 3D acceleration and the arrival of the N64 around 1996. Near 40 year old NES platformers are still pretty visually aesthetic, though.