Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

All of acedemia is a joke

St. Incel

St. Incel

Recruit
★★★★
Academia, in particular STEM, is truly peak cuckdom. Of course, this is nothing new, but the whole concept of it is still funny to me. A bunch of turbo-autists working exhaustively long hours for just above minimum wage, producing useless research papers in some hyper-specialized field that barely has any empirical use, and where only a handful other turbo-autists care and/or are capable of reading your work. Sitting hunchbacked at your desk staring at your work computer for hours on end, all the while your wife is being sodimized by 62 IQ Tyrone.

I too realized this too late into my degree, physics major. I'm trying to learn2c0de rn, and get a codemonkey job after I graduate.

Cope. You have to get shekels somehow. And I'd rather make shekels in the comfort of an office with good opportunities to make more shekels rather than a literal slave shovelling shit to sleep in a bug infested shithole and eat ramen

High IQ.

cope, I rather wagecel as a stem major than a actual minimum wage worker

You say that now. Just watch as the wages for STEM jobs are pushed lower and lower by the influx of foids and immigrants into STEM in the coming years.

High IQ.

You say that now. Just watch as the wages for STEM jobs are pushed lower and lower by the influx of foids and immigrants into STEM in the coming years.

The problem is foids and immigrants are too low IQ / too weak to do the job

High IQ.

Based Trump is heavily restricting H2B visas.

Rage Fuel.

~ 1151 updoots

I am talking about STEM acedamia, not STEM in general

I too realized this too late into my degree, physics major. I'm trying to learn2c0de rn, and get a codemonkey job after I graduate.
I am in the same situation. Though I know how to I code. I am trying to get more into data science/machine learning and might even follow an online course, but I am still not sure how useful that would be :feelsbadman:

High IQ.

keyword years.

Fucking tired of you low iq idiots trying to make stem seem like a shit cope when its of the best fucking wage cope out their. I rather work a well paying job with several benefits (even if its gonna be "impacted" and "diminished" ) for a few years so I can at least money maxx cope than work some dead end min wage job.

JFL at low iq min wage workers thinking they are superior.

It's not useless.

this concepts are important to enginers, without concepts like quantum tunneling, IT enginers would be fucked, as they have no idea why 14 nm processors don't work properly, and be unable to fix the problem

same stuff apply to rockets and shit

Tl DR: academics are pretty much cleaning the ground so the enginerers can actualy build stuff

Youre living in fantasy land

You're going to seriously argue that Chads aren't in the highest positions in companies? And they and foid-driven HR departments aren't making the hiring decisions?

You're going to seriously argue that foids deserve the positions they're getting in the STEM labor market?

Wake up.

It seems to me that STEM is the least cucked field of academia, with the humanities being overwhelmed by pseudo science, pseudo intellectual talentless foids, queers, Jews and whatever else have you. That said, STEM is bad too, but at least it requires some amount of brain power which, fortunately enough, is usually absent in foids.

STEMcel jobs are so autistic and so challenging that high wages shouldn't even be considered an incentive. Ask yourself, what good is money when you're working 80 hour weeks, leaving you too exhausted to enjoy your money.
High T type A types apparently get a hard on for those kind of hours. I do envy them.

You're going to seriously argue that Chads aren't in the highest positions in companies? And they and foid-driven HR departments aren't making the hiring decisions?

You're going to seriously argue that foids deserve the positions they're getting in the STEM labor market?

Wake up.

Dont work for a big jew owned company if youre not a low IQ bluepilled cuckold and you will be ok

STEM jobs are pushed lower and lower by the influx of foids and immigrants into STEM in the coming years.
the future is chinese because of this exact reason tbh. No ethical commitees interfering on your research, no retards pushing their agenda on the members and the gov funds you in secret letting you work with human organs directly.

keyword years.

Fucking tired of you low iq idiots trying to make stem seem like a shit cope when its of the best fucking wage cope out their. I rather work a well paying job with several benefits (even if its gonna be "impacted" and "diminished" ) for a few years so I can at least money maxx cope than work some dead end min wage job.

STEM jobs are dead-end though. You've just been convinced otherwise by the jewish media.

keyword years.

It seems to me that STEM is the least cucked field of academia, with the humanities being overwhelmed by pseudo science, pseudo intellectual talentless foids, queers, Jews and whatever else have you. That said, STEM is bad too, but at least it requires some amount of brain power which, fortunately enough, is usually absent in foids.
OP's sentiment are what working class, anti-intellectual, minimum wage, wagecucks believe in. It is a nice cope ngl, espcially if you are uneducated and lack future prospects.
Sure, the social 'sciences' and the humanities are filled to the brim with retards. Remember, STEM is not the humanities or the social sciences.

Last edited:
science and research is falling apart, dude. it's all a bunch of larpers frauding their results and data because the overcrowding is making it impossible to put out a legitimate paper with a legitimate scientific discovery.

not only over-achieving whites but also masses of curries and chinks are storming into the field, most of them faggot over-achieving larpers that are not high IQ.
end result: work increasingly spread thin with 50 names attached to one research paper, fields that are increasingly obscure and specialized and useless, papers that are increasingly perceived as not worth reading, assistant positions that rarely lead to prestigious teaching positions, and lower stipends

meanwhile these faggots complain about MUH FUNDS!!!!!!!! and how society is killing progress by not funding daring scientists on the frontier, this while there's still people fucking starving in the streets

fuck off.

I personally am for it

I am talking about STEM acedamia, not STEM in general

I am in the same situation. Though I know how to I code. I am trying to get more into data science/machine learning and might even follow an online course, but I am still not sure how useful that would be :feelsbadman:
Machine Learning/Data Science jobs will be highly competitive. You need a masters degree or PhD from a good school. Like 80% of the PhD students in the top 20 CS schools in the US are in it for machine learning. I'm just aiming for a code monkey job with a 60k salary. I'll later get infosecurity certs and become le hacker man. I currently know Java, python, and Javascript and self-teaching myself data structures and algos. I graduate winter this year.

STEM jobs are dead-end though. You've just been convinced otherwise by the jewish media.
what are you arguing about?

That stem jobs are bad?

What the fuck is the point of your argument?

So I should pursue a career in mcdonalds or other min wage job shit hole? Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you niggas. How the fuck is this shit worse than any other jobs. Even if it isn't the best its a better option than most shit. And its one of the harder job industries to cuck since the intellectual barrier makes it hard to infiltrate with idiot SJW. Not saying they don't make it in but they are rarer and will take longer to completely infiltrate.

science and research is falling apart, dude. it's all a bunch of larpers frauding their results and data because the overcrowding is making it impossible to put out a legitimate paper with a legitimate scientific discovery.

not only over-achieving whites but also masses of curries and chinks are storming into the field, most of them faggot over-achieving larpers that are not high IQ.
end result: work increasingly spread thin with 50 names attached to one research paper, fields that are increasingly obscure and specialized and useless, assistant positions that rarely lead to prestigious teaching positions, and dropping wages

meanwhile these faggots complain about MUH FUNDS!!!!!!!! and how society is killing progress by not funding daring scientists on the frontier, this while there's still people fucking starving in the streets

fuck off.

Good post bruv. In particular about average/low IQs infiltrating acedemia

Dont work for a big jew owned company if youre not a low IQ bluepilled cuckold and you will be ok

It might seem that way right now, but you'll see. High IQ won't be enough to save STEMcels when automation really starts kicking in. Wages will fall and all the STEM majors will be laughed at by the foids and Chads that are laying them off.

This is why I advise my fellow incels against investing too much in STEM. It's fine if it comes really easy for you and you're already making a ton from it, but otherwise GTFO.

It might seem that way right now, but you'll see. High IQ won't be enough to save STEMcels when automation really starts kicking in. Wages will fall and all the STEM majors will be laughed at by the foids and Chads that are laying them off.

This is why I advise my fellow incels against investing too much in STEM. It's fine if it comes really easy for you and you're already making a ton from it, but otherwise GTFO.

And do what instead? Please advise

Machine Learning/Data Science jobs will be highly competitive. You need a masters degree or PhD from a good school. Like 80% of the PhD students in the top 20 CS schools in the US are in it for machine learning. I'm just aiming for a code monkey job with a 60k salary. I'll later get infosecurity certs and become le hacker man. I currently know Java, python, and Javascript and self-teaching myself data structures and algos. I graduate winter this year.

That was my main concern. All those online courses are too high level and don't teach you the rigorous mathematics behind machine learning, hence why I am pretty much fucked

That stem jobs are bad?

I'm arguing that they're not the panacea that the media makes them out to be. It should be obvious by now that anything the media touts as "safe" and "the way of the future" is being way over-hyped if not outright fabricated.

So I should pursue a career in mcdonalds or other min wage job shit hole? Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you niggas. How the fuck is this shit worse than any other jobs. Even if it isn't the best its a better option than most shit. And its one of the harder job industries to cuck since the intellectual barrier makes it hard to infiltrate with idiot SJW. Not saying they don't make it in but they are rarer and will take longer to completely infiltrate.

There's nothing wrong with working STEM. But if your expectations are such that you think your job and career are secure just because you're in STEM, you're dearly mistaken.

That stem jobs are bad?

STEM is cucked the fuck out dude, what are you on about. it's becoming full of fat women and male feminists. check out company photos on job websites.

it's only good if you want cash and don't care about the tedium, the cucked company culture and the major hit to your opportunity to ever meet a woman or a friend through work.

That was my main concern. All those online courses are too high level and don't teach you the rigorous mathematics behind machine learning, hence why I am pretty much fucked
The math is linear algebra and statistics. You can always just aim for a webdev codemonkey job, like frontend engineer, backend engineer, or fullstack engineer. You get paid 60k just to code some JavaScript.

And do what instead? Please advise

There's no cookie-cutter approach to the job market and career success. If you accept that, you'll be far better off than 99% of people. It's kind of like being blackpilled with regard to how economics works. My advice is to just be ready at all times; be adaptive. That is the correct mindset.

People want to have a "safe and secure, 100% risk-free" route to career success. That's why STEM appeals to them. The problem is, this approach can't be reconciled with the fundamental laws of economics; the future is unpredictable and entire industries can easily get wiped out with very little notice. Skill sets once thought to be highly valuable for the long-term can become worthless in a matter of a few years.
STEM is cucked the fuck out dude, what are you on about. it's becoming full of fat women and male feminists. check out company photos on job websites.

it's only good if you want cash and don't care about the tedium, the cucked company culture and the major hit to your opportunity to ever meet a woman or a friend through work.

High IQ

Last edited:
I bet this thread will be infiltrated by /pol/tards and MGTOWtards that tell use we should learn a backbreaking trade to be a "man" instead of getting a degree and sitting in comfy air-conditioned cubicle. I've met blue-collar workers. A lot of them are like 90 IQ subhumans.

There's no cookie-cutter approach to the job market and career success. If you accept that, you'll be far better off than 99% of people. It's kind of like being blackpilled with regard to how economics works. My advice is to just be ready at all times; be adaptive. That is the correct mindset.

People want to have a "safe and secure, 100% risk-free" route to career success. That's why STEM appeals to them. The problem is, this approach can't be reconciled with the fundamental laws of economics; the future is unpredictable and entire industries can easily get wiped out with very little notice. Skill sets once thought to be highly valuable for the long-term can become worthless in a matter of a few years.

High IQ

I've chosen an expanding field in the STEM with low chance of automation / outsourcing. If it goes, so be it but if that happens it will be after majority of other jobs have been taken over by computers already. So it's likely there will be solutions developed when / if it affects me

I bet this thread will be infiltrated by /pol/tards and MGTOWtards that tell use we should learn a backbreaking trade to be a "man" instead of getting a degree and sitting in comfy air-conditioned cubicle. I've met blue-collar workers. A lot of them are like 90 IQ subhumans.
View attachment 94325
they have a point and i wonder about it every day.
everyone dodging blue collar jobs has made them more valuable, and the NT advantage should never, ever be ignored. it could make or break you when it comes to getting friends and women.

View attachment 94325

STEMcels often overestimate how high of an IQ is required to do STEM jobs. Just because extremely high-IQ men almost always go into STEM doesn't mean STEM jobs require that high of an IQ. 95 IQ is plenty to do the vast majority of STEM jobs.

This means that most foids are more than capable of displacing men in STEM. And that's precisely what we're seeing; it's a slow but steady takeover.

STEMcels often overestimate how high of an IQ is required to do STEM jobs. Just because extremely high-IQ men almost always go into STEM doesn't mean STEM jobs require that high of an IQ. 95 IQ is plenty to do the vast majority of STEM jobs.

This means that most foids are more than capable of displacing men in STEM. And that's precisely what we're seeing; it's a slow but steady takeover.
Dude, half of the normies in my Calculus 2 class failed a couple years ago.

Dude, half of the normies in my Calculus 2 class failed a couple years ago.

Most STEM jobs don't require much Calculus 1, let alone Calc 2. College courses are about signaling, not learning job skills.

Those same low-IQ normies have powerful social networks and in a few years one of their friends--some HR whore or Chad in their network--will get them a good STEM job.

Most STEM jobs don't require much Calculus 1, let alone Calc 2. College courses are about signaling, not learning job skills.

Those same low-IQ normies will have powerful social networks in a few years and some HR whore or Chad in their network will get them a good STEM job.
Dude, most STEM jobs require a degree, so you have to pass your classes. It doesn't matter that you don't use most of what you learned in school.

there are exceptions though, like f/e med careers will always remain secure no matter what, even in a hypothetical situation where machine learning got so advanced a robot could perform better than a human surgeon, do you think companies would take responsibility if one of their machines failed and caused a death due to mechanical errors like a sensor failing and giving incorrect data during a procedure? it will always be better to have an individual held accountable for it. i like to call this the Concorde dilemma. even if a major leap in technology is achieved, its usage will depend on how morally, ethically and even financially correct is. nobody will let a piece of metal decide what card to play in a $100m+ gamble with their own money if the success rate is not 100%

Dude, most STEM jobs require a degree, so you have to pass your classes. It doesn't matter that you don't use most of what you learned in school.

I know people that are STEM majors that are getting passed over for entry-level STEM jobs in favor of foids who majored in psychology and other non-STEM degrees.

For foids and Chads, the standards for getting hired are so much lower it's mind-boggling.

the future is chinese because of this exact reason tbh. No ethical commitees interfering on your research, no retards pushing their agenda on the members and the gov funds you in secret letting you work with human organs directly.
When I heard some guy was able to make designer babies in his basement I was happy. Westerners deserves to be chucked and China deserves to rule the world again. The future is ricecels.

mods ban this faggot

Too low iq to be in stem