Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious An alternative perspective on our condition

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
This is going to ragetrigger a lot of members, but anyway...

Sometimes I ask myself what the Ancients (Greeks, Romans) or the people of the Middle Ages would have thought about incels, ugly men, etc.

I have only limited knowledge and readings in these matters, however I have noticed a clear pattern: in the distant past, you were often held responsible and accountable for everything. This "everything" included things you had no control over. An ugly man usually got no pity. His misfortune was either attributed to sin (ancestral sin, personal sin) or the arbitrary decision of the gods, decision that must always be respected.

People did hold back your ugliness against you. It was up to you to prove that your character was worth more than your looks. The Greeks used the same word for "ugly in looks" and "ugly in character", and attacking a political opponent on his ugliness was not uncommon. Socrates notably had to fight back against bullying over his legendary ugliness. In the middle Ages, this view continued - everything was a gift or a punishment from God. In medieval folk tales, a punishment for bad behavior is often being turned ugly by a wood fairy. Severely ill people, like lepers, were also judged intrinsically corrupted and unworthy of empathy. For a long time, "treatments" revolved around exorcism and beatings.

In a way, it was better than nowadays - nowadays people still dislike ugly things, but they act hypocritical and holy about it.

Nowadays, people are kinda trying to fight in full conscience against their natural inconscious bias, even if it doesn't work. Back then, people were consciously backing those bias with esoteric theories.

I don't know which is better, since the ultimate result is basically the same for ugly people.

Being ugly is basically equatable to a disability.

Yeah, but in the olden times women needed a man who could provide and protect, and if he's ugly that's just something she'd accept. These days people may be more enlightened about appearances but at the same time women need men less than ever so the end result is ugly guys are even worse off.

At least in the past you could fight back your uglyness, you could try to prove yourself

Nowadays you can't because it is supposed that uglyness isn't a bad thing, therefore objectively we are more fucked than in the past, no matter how much people say "hurr saying that the past/patriarchy was better is cope", they are coping, things were way better in the past for the average and the ugly male, sure you weren't living the yatch life, but you got a fulfilling life

Nowadays, people are kinda trying to fight in full conscience against their natural inconscious bias, even if it doesn't work. Back then, people were consciously backing those bias with esoteric theories.
Giga IQ summary

We're losers.

I would argue that ugliness is totally a disability, because it prevents you from experiencing a range of normal human experiences. This is the definition of disability. That the western welfare states don't recognize this is a scandal. This lack of recognition is what leads many ugly people to develop resentment and distrust of the state. (The lack of recognition has a likely explanation: ugly people can still work). Psychiatrists, in my experience, tend to be more blackpilled than most doctors about the importance of looks.

People, especially inceltears, will get triggered by our equation, because in their mind a disability is necessarily very serious. But it's not, not necessarily. It's just something that prevents you from experiencing normal human experiences.

I don't know which is better, since the ultimate result is basically the same for ugly people.
I would argue the latter is better - psychologically, believing that your ugliness is not purely random but makes sense, as some kind of punishment or test (with Heaven as an ultimate reward) can ease the mental pain.

Last edited:
This is why I think the best advocates for the blackpill are actually good looking and/or successful people. If a loser claims that life sucks, people will think his view is biased, or that he's envious or whatever. If someone 'on top' manages to figure out the truth and to tell it as it is, people might actually pay attention, because he has credibility. However, these people are usually blinded by the survivourship bias and rarely make it to the truth.

I've always said this.
This is why I think the best advocates for the blackpill are actually good looking and/or successful people. If a loser claims that life sucks, people will think his view is biased, or that he's envious or whatever. If someone 'on top' manages to figure out the truth and to tell it as it is, people might actually pay attention, because he has credibility. However, these people are usually blinded by the survivourship bias and rarely make it to the truth.

Truth.

Extraterrestrial IQ

The primitive lizard brain forces humans to view bad genetics as bad. Without awareness that this is happening, it is easy for people to fall for mental gymnastics made up by other parts of the brain to cope with this primitive mental process.

The difference is that in those ages materialism didn't rule over everything so earthly misfortune was not seen as the existential cul-de-sac that it is today.