Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Anime is the ultimate remainder that you missed out on teenage love

G

GenGene

Recruit
★★★★★
Most of it features teenage characters mutually falling in love for the first time, there's a sense of exclusivity, being right for eachother, and overcoming adversity because you have someone that you care about and they do the same. The bleaker things get, the more elevating and precious that kind of connection is in comparison. Your life might be mundane, or you might be suffering, but there's still something real out there, it's not over.

In many ways that kind of a standard scenario is the polar opposite of real life/the blackpill. Not many people stick with their first love, degeneracy is the norm and relationships don't tend to be that meaningful, if you're reading this no girl would be too saddened if you died in a ditch somewhere, and for 25+ cels it's over, especially since it never even began.

Stuff like Toradora, Kimi no Na wa, Seishun Buta Yaro, Steins;Gate, etc., sent me into post-anime depression, it only got worse each time. At this point it's more of a torture than cope since I no longer identify with the generic MC at all.

Anime just shows unrealistic, idealized teenage love

IRL teenage love is probably shittier. Trust me, I’ve witnessed how much drama teenage relationships can have

Anime just shows unrealistic, idealized teenage love

IRL teenage love is probably shittier. Trust me, I’ve witnessed how much drama teenage relationships can have
Yeah, I agree it's unrealistic. To the average person's romantic life it's what being a millionaire is in regards to finances. Nonetheless, everyone would like to have that kind of generally unrealistic standard of finances.

Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor
Tenor

Aren't there lots of different genres of anime? As in some that don't focus on high school? If so, my question is why are the frilly high school ones so popular among you anime lovers? Why don't you go watch an edgier or more mature program? Would that not be better and less of ropefuel?

Aren't there lots of different genres of anime? As in some that don't focus on high school? If so, my question is why are the frilly high school ones so popular among you anime lovers? Why don't you go watch an edgier or more mature program? Would that not be better and less of ropefuel?
Fair point, there are many mature/edgy anime, some of them are even devoid of romantic interests, some have a bit more realistic rope fuel, but even some of what is considered mature (seinen) has stuff like outright waifus.
I think that what keeps weebs (like me) coming back for more of the 'frilly high school ones' is that they still find that idea of teenage love appealing even if getting immersed in that kind of a narrative and then coming back down to reality is major suifuel.

They are not realistic but i don't want them to be, a cope should be as far from reality as possible.I will go as far as to say they already too much realistic with all their sad endings.Since i always imagine to be the MC i absolutely want to see an happy and satisfying ending, but instead they always have to put some sad shit to make you cry.A good cope should be free of sadness and real life problems...i'm already depressed as shit why do people find so much joy in watching sad shit

They are not realistic but i don't want them to be, a cope should be as far from reality as possible.I will go as far as to say they already too much realistic with all their sad endings.Since i always imagine to be the MC i absolutely want to see an happy and satisfying ending, but instead they always have to put some sad shit to make you cry.A good cope should be free of sadness and real life problems...i'm already depressed as shit why do people find so much joy in watching sad shit
This. I have already had enough blackpill. All Western/eastern tv dramas have a shit ton of it. I don't need more.

Fair point, there are many mature/edgy anime, some of them are even devoid of romantic interests, some have a bit more realistic rope fuel, but even some of what is considered mature (seinen) has stuff like outright waifus.
I think that what keeps weebs (like me) coming back for more of the 'frilly high school ones' is that they still find that idea of teenage love appealing even if getting immersed in that kind of a narrative and then coming back down to reality is major suifuel.
Many of the animators/production team might be happily married with enriching lives for all you know. Maybe not, but they could be laughing at you subtly. Food for thought.

Many of the animators/production team might be happily married with enriching lives for all you know. Maybe not, but they could be laughing at you subtly. Food for thought.
I'm pretty sure that many are, some animation studios are even dominated by women. I don't think the point of anime is to make incel-tier men rope or mislead then. Although many men in Japan are incel-tier men, hardcore otakus, 'herbivore men', people who prefer 2D over 3D, etc., and that seeps into anime. Most of it is based on manga or light novels, which is often how the authors themselves idealise high school , cope by writing outlandish stuff, and so on.

Yes , All just looks beautiful. Real life is shit

thats why i cant watch romance

Most anime is geared towards teens but it's a quadruple entendre. It serves as entertainment about current life of teens and the nostalgia or missed opportunity for neets like us. It also serves as a venting system for the people who designed and made the shows about that cute or hot high school girl they saw and wished they met or even lived as them. Until you get to hentai where most artist and designers are actually women. kek

Wonder what this site thinks about Jojo and Eizouken or Beastar (Sorry for furry shit legosi just reminds me autisticells stuck in chad body)

Beastar (Sorry for furry shit legosi just reminds me autisticells stuck in chad body)
I liked the anime, but seeing things from a blackpilled prospective makes legosi seems like a fuckin idiot volcel ngl, he is an alpha but chose to act like a beta, a same-species female wolf falls in love with him but he decides to follow a literally impossible relationship.Neverthless i still found his character interesting and i found the furry theme to be just a facade to describe real life problems.Most certainly it is not your typical furry cliche shit

its highschool centric because thats the only time in a japs life where its expected to have some fun. After that its work as a salaryman 24/7