Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anti-Animecels are so irritating

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
Incels are Piggy, and society is chest-beating tribal retards who think they've got it figured out. Seems like most of the people here would rather be part of the senseless garbage world. I've been there. I didn't spend my youth on the internet, everybody knows that. There is nothing worth caring about. The things you care about now will suffice.
It's every incels job to bleed this society or any any other society like a pig until they gracelessly expire.
I can't understand why someone would want to be in a society that has mocked you your entire life.
Who would Ralph and Jack be?

The analogy loses steam outside of the us vs them conflict. I just wish an outcast would know their place. This is the essence of the blackpill. I thought LDAR meant "Lay or Lie Down And Rot," but apparently it means "REEEEEEE!!!! Stop liking what I don't like, put on a tie, gel up your hair, and look good while getting rejected."

That's the mentality that killed /r9k/, not traps or female worship, but normalfag bullshit. It's always normalfag bullshit. They worship just fine on 8-/r9k/, but they don't let in normalfags of any kind, and their content hasn't plummeted.

And the ironic thing is that I've never seen better analysis than in this thread for anime morons. I don't understand how an anime reaction image is any less meaningful than "cope, this is cope, that is cope, time to LDAR, mog this, mog that, rate this, degeneracy lul xd,"

That shit is super helpful and really furthers discussion.

k-on-10-yui-and-ritsu-cutting-onion.jpg

A Good Friend said:
And the ironic thing is that I've never seen better analysis than in this thread for anime morons. I don't understand how an anime reaction image is any less meaningful than "cope, this is cope, that is cope, time to LDAR, mog this, mog that, rate this, degeneracy lul xd," 

It's blind persecution of things you aren't familiar with.

A Good Friend said:
That's the mentality that killed /r9k/, not traps or female worship, but normalfag bullshit. It's always normalfag bullshit. They worship just fine on 8-/r9k/, but they don't let in normalfags of any kind, and their content hasn't plummeted.

Normies ruin everything they touch....

tenor.gif

blickpall said:
The problem with "animecels" is that the worst offenders seem to lack any sort of identity that isn't inextricably tied to their favorite anime. 
(...)
If we go deeper into the matter, from my personal perspective when I see someone who relates everything back to anime, it gives me the impression that this person doesn't have a very rich background outside of anime. Why is it that everything is a parallel of this anime character or this anime motif, etc.? It's because that this is the majority of what this person consumes and knows.

Good post.
You should be immodest and include it in your next "Higlights"-post.
And yeah, animecels can be like people who compare everything to Harry Potter. 
Personally, I mostly like anime because two of my favorite genres are magic realism and cyberpunk. And both are obviously very popular in anime. 

Another thing is: anime can be a "red flag" for being an incel, of course, just like listening to Power Metal, but by and large, anime is perfectly accepted in mainstream society and increasingly also in the academy; just like Western "graphic novels" every feminist student writes their PhD theses about now. 

So associating anti-anime with "jocks" and anime with "nerds" is as out of date as the term "jocks." 

By and large, anime has been swallowed just like goth and punk. Of course, it's harder in the case of anime because it's mainly produced in Asia (which is also influenced/dominated by the US Empire like all other countries, tho), but animecels sometimes remind me of the goth kids in South Park who don't know how to react to the mainstream embracing "emo" or the vampires from "twilight." Then they end up like hipsters, insisting on listening to bands (watching to anime) you've never heard about, but once they become popular accuse them of having sold out and so on. 

tl;dr: It's not a hill to die on, not a stone to build the house of your identity on.

Red Shambhala said:
tl;dr: It's not a hill to die on, not a stone to build the house of your identity on.

It is the only hill left. It is the mountain.

Red Shambhala said:
blickpall said:
The problem with "animecels" is that the worst offenders seem to lack any sort of identity that isn't inextricably tied to their favorite anime.
(...)
If we go deeper into the matter, from my personal perspective when I see someone who relates everything back to anime, it gives me the impression that this person doesn't have a very rich background outside of anime. Why is it that everything is a parallel of this anime character or this anime motif, etc.? It's because that this is the majority of what this person consumes and knows.
Good post.
You should be immodest and include it in your next "Higlights"-post.
And yeah, animecels can be like people who compare everything to Harry Potter.
Personally, I mostly like anime because two of my favorite genres are magic realism and cyberpunk. And both are obviously very popular in anime.
Another thing is: anime can be a "red flag" for being an incel, of course, just like listening to Power Metal, but by and large, anime is perfectly accepted in mainstream society and increasingly also in the academy; just like Western "graphic novels" every feminist student writes their PhD theses about now.
So associating anti-anime with "jocks" and anime with "nerds" is as out of date as the term "jocks."
By and large, anime has been swallowed just like goth and punk. Of course, it's harder in the case of anime because it's mainly produced in Asia (which is also influenced/dominated by the US Empire like all other countries, tho), but animecels sometimes remind me of the goth kids in South Park who don't know how to react to the mainstream embracing "emo" or the vampires from "twilight." Then they end up like hipsters, insisting on listening to bands (watching to anime) you've never heard about, but once they become popular accuse them of having sold out and so on.

It really doesn't say anything about anime posters on this site. Look at @Kointo, he's arguably our biggest weeb, yet he contributes original thoughts daily. I'm biased because we're all faggots that pal around on Off Topic, but not everyone reduces their arguing point to a reaction image. I hate elitism just as much as anybody, but there's no anime elitism here, it's fucking mild.

And it seems the anti-animecels are more concerned with its association to outcasts, however dwindling it may be. If chad and stacy like anime now too, wonderful. You'd be amazed how many things you can appreciate if you don't use what the public likes as a barometer.

As a Star Wars fan, I can attest to this. If I kept up with what people are buying or talking about, I could scarcely enjoy my favorite, bloated sci-fi franchise.

I worry that people are using anime as an identifier to attack members. And by "worry," I mean I don't care, but that's totally what's happening.

A Good Friend said:
It really doesn't say anything about anime posters on this site. Look at @Kointo, he's arguably our biggest weeb, yet he contributes original thoughts daily. I'm biased because we're all faggots that pal around on Off Topic, but not everyone reduces their arguing point to a reaction image. I hate elitism just as much as anybody, but there's no anime elitism here, it's fucking mild.

And it seems the anti-animecels are more concerned with its association to outcasts, however dwindling it may be. If chad and stacy like anime now too, wonderful. You'd be amazed how many things you can appreciate if you don't use what the public likes as a barometer.

As a Star Wars fan, I can attest to this. If I kept up with what people are buying or talking about, I could scarcely enjoy my favorite, bloated sci-fi franchise.

I worry that people are using anime as an identifier to attack members. And by "worry," I mean I don't care, but that's totally what's happening.

you like the new star wars movie?

A Good Friend said:

If Star Wars had a "weeb" equivalent, I'd be it.

Themisterpepsi said:
A Good Friend said:
you like the new star wars movie?

It's about as entertaining as the other add-ons. Only the original, non-special triliogy "counts" for me. That was my point. If Disney says something is "canon," good for them. Ultimately I own my mind and I decide what's canon. If I want the Ewoks cartoon to be canon, boom, it is.

A Good Friend said:
It's about as entertaining as the other add-ons. Only the original, non-special triliogy "counts" for me. That was my point. If Disney says something is "canon," good for them. Ultimately I own my mind and I decide what's canon. If I want the Ewoks cartoon to be canon, boom, it is.

is the holiday special canon?

Themisterpepsi said:
A Good Friend said:
is the holiday special canon?

Hold on....

yup, there, I just made it canon, along with Han Solo Taun-Taun beastiality fanfiction. All canon, they all really happened.

A Good Friend said:
Hold on....

yup, there, I just made it canon, along with Han Solo Taun-Taun beastiality fanfiction. All canon, they all really happened.

Saving the star wars universe

disney has got no idea

Themisterpepsi said:
A Good Friend said:
Hold on....
Saving the star wars universe
disney has got no idea

You're welcome, also Star Wars takes place in the same universe as Inspector Gadget and, uh, Highlander

all added to the official canon

That's the great thing about fantasy; It never happened so who the fuck cares?

Ignore them, they're retarded. I don't watch anime but I don't understand the hate for it, even if it was the lamest thing in existence it doesn't affect anyone who doesn't want to watch it.

A Good Friend said:

I like the Kylo Ren memes more than the movie. He a swole boy.

[video=youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SlSNjsC9XAY[/video]

Framecel222 said:
Ignore them, they're retarded. I don't watch anime but I don't understand the hate for it, even if it was the lamest thing in existence it doesn't affect anyone who doesn't want to watch it.

I could see it bugging the unfamiliar, but I think I think it's more about an identifier for incels the community just plain hates.

Probly wrong, tho

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
I like the Kylo Ren memes more than the movie. He a swole boy.

Ben Swolo is best boy and best meme. Of this I know for sure.

1514468742161.png

Anime is the reason you are a virgin