Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any cryonicists here?

• Thread starter advancedatheist
  • Start date
A

advancedatheist

Recruit
★★
I've been signed up with Alcor since 1990.

I hate to black pill you on cryogenics but brain cells are the first cells to die after a person kicks the bucket.  We're talking about minutes here.  You definitely wouldn't be able to get frozen less than an hour after death.  Even if you hypothetically could, the odds of freezing someone's brain (even if you could somehow do it a second after death) actually preserving someone's consciousness is pretty low.  

All scientific logic suggests that cyrogenics is nothing more than putting dead people into expensive coffins.

JovanD said:
Why, what's the point?

Well the premise is that you could be frozen and brought back to life in a future with amazing technology.  Things like mind uploading, fully immersive virtual reality and waifu bots with sentient AI would allow even the most subhuman of incels to live lives that are even better than what a millionaire male model could experience today.  

Unfortunately for reasons I previously stated, the idea is nothing more than a pipe dream.

If I was gonna bet on life after death, i guess I’d go for a traditional religion rather than that new age crap. Like everything else the baby boomers invented, cryogenics is retarded.

Very interesting read...

https://waitbutwhy.com/2016/03/cryonics.html