Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Any spidercels here?

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
I like spiders extremely much - can somebody relate? If so post your favorite species. If you own any spiders you can post them if you like (also other invertebrates).

My favorite spider in the moment is the Linothele (especially megatheloides/fallax) due to its looks and also because it builds funnel webs that give its enclosure an extremely appealing look.
Linothele megatheleoides. Anyone here enjoy a Dipluridae? ;) : thedarkden (reddit.com)
But apart from that my absolute favorites are trap-door-spiders (especially liphistids due to being absolutely unique due to having a segmentation/spinnerets in the mid of their bodies/phylogenetically unique and the Cyclocosmia due to its unique plate on the opisthosoma and idiopodids/ctenizids).
Cyclocosmia Spider : MakeMeSuffer (reddit.com)
I also like sicariids (especially Hexophthalma/Sicarius) because of their ability to adjust to the soil in their surroundings by catching soil particles with their hair, because they have only six eyes, because they bury themselves quickly, jump out of the soil to catch their prey and because they have a very potent cytotoxic venom that makes you rot while you are alive while also being very peaceful and shitty climbers (although many people think that their toxicity is overestimated and the reports are very anectdotal). Sadly actual "tarantulas" are something I know very little about. Sadly I don't own any because of my living situation and other problems.
GenuineSpectacularDamselfly size restricted

I also like (semi-)aquatic spiders like Ancylometes/Dolomedes because you can keep them in aesthetically pleasing enclosures with water/plants form their habitats, we have (semi-)aquatic pisaurids/lycosids where I live.

Then I also like atypids because they are the only mygalmorphs in my country - I especially like Calommata because of its beautiful orthognathous chelicerae. And the Atypus in my country build tubes where they live/catch their prey, when an animal walks over their tube they come and stab it with their chelicerae from the inside (people also used to cover their wounds in the silk of these animals due to the healing properties/probably antiseptic proteins of spider web).
Catch

I also enjoy them because of their unique way of catching prey - a bola spider for example uses a lasso with a drop in the end and uses pheromones to lure its prey in (on the day they are disguised as bird shit), a scytodid will shoot its victims with venomous strings from its chelicerae and will pin it down by doing so (some spitting spiders of bigger size like longipes are kept as pets in the moment and for example thoracica often lives in houses in my country), a deinopid will use its web as a landing net (and they also build their retina up and destroy them each day), etc.
BolaSpider

I also like "social" spiders and animals that occur in my vicinity (like pholcids/dysderids). I also like eresiids because the mothers feed their offspring with their own vomit that consists out of their liquidized insides from mouth to mouth until they die (mouth-to-mouth feeding also occurs in some theridiids). Then I also like "dangerous" animals like funnel-web-spiders (we only have Macrothele cepediana in Europe sadly), Latrodectus/Black Widows, etc. - in my country the most venomous spiders are Argyroneta/Cheiracanthium, which you a) never meet and b) aren't even truly dangerous for humans. And also thomisids because they look like flowers and uloborids because they are non-venomous spiders and kill their prey with raw strength after immobilizing them in their cribellate webs. Basically my criteria for choosing spiders I like is a) behavior, b) looks, c) amount of rarity.

Last edited:
That thing is fucking vile, idc what anyone says.

when i see one in my house i put it in tactical places outside my windows so he makes his web there and eats fucking mosquitoes and other disgusting shit

I fucking love spiders :feelsaww:

Last edited:
I love all spiders.

when i see one in my house i put it in tactical places outside my windows so he makes his web there and eats fucking mosquitoes and other disgusting shit

I fucking love spiders :feelsaww:
Based. Whenever I have one in my flat I either put them outside, let others put them outside, but killing them is literally extremely disgusting behavior. Also rescued mecopterans once as they flew into the flat due to a festival fire. And a few months ago I found a moth in my flat and brought it out after catching it with a glass (avoid touching due to very easily breakable wings).
The first video
Sicariids often get that reaction, but they are unironically very peaceful. To get them to bite animals in the tests you have to push the animal against the spider and then you even have to push its pedipalps to make it angry/defensive enough. They only bite when their life is in extreme danger.

I've never been a fan of them, but I don't hate them either. Actually they are quite useful with their webs as they are catching all those annoying flies.

Although I have to admit I once freed a fly from a spider's web when the spider wasn't around. I just felt sorry for the fly.

I've never been a fan of them, but I don't hate them either. Actually they are quite useful with their webs as they are catching all those annoying flies.

Although I have to admit I once freed a fly from a spider's web when the spider wasn't around. I just felt sorry for the fly.
Understandable.

Bugs make my skin crawl

Reptiles are cool though

Trapdoor spiders. Really cool spiders.

Bugs make my skin crawl

Reptiles are cool though
Based. Also like them. Snakes especially. What's your favorite reptile?
Trapdoor spiders. Really cool spiders.
Indeed. Some of them like Liphistius kanthan/batuensis are especially interesting. batuensis lives on the ceiling of caves with its trapdoor in Thailand/Malaysia and kanthan that also lives in caves in Malaysia builds a web on the ground and hides it with dirt/mud (with behind exits) - both are critically endangered.
Hate bugs ffs. They scare the fuck out of me especially cockroaches cuz they look weird
Roaches are also not my favs (except the bioluminescent/glowing ones).

Last edited:
I like spiders when they keep to themselves and kill the cockroaches, otherwise no thx jeff.

my knowledge on spiders is a minumum, but i appreciate them and think they are fascinating.

I like spiders extremely much - can somebody relate? If so post your favorite species. If you own any spiders you can post them if you like (also other invertebrates).

My favorite spider in the moment is the Linothele (especially megatheloides/fallax) due to its looks and also because it builds funnel webs that give its enclosure an extremely appealing look.
Linothele megatheleoides. Anyone here enjoy a Dipluridae? ;) : thedarkden (reddit.com)
But apart from that my absolute favorites are trap-door-spiders (especially liphistids due to being absolutely unique due to having a segmentation/spinnerets in the mid of their bodies/phylogenetically unique and the Cyclocosmia due to its unique plate on the opisthosoma and idiopodids/ctenizids).
Cyclocosmia Spider : MakeMeSuffer (reddit.com)
I also like sicariids (especially Hexophthalma/Sicarius) because of their ability to adjust to the soil in their surroundings by catching soil particles with their hair, because they have only six eyes, because they bury themselves quickly, jump out of the soil to catch their prey and because they have a very potent cytotoxic venom that makes you rot while you are alive while also being very peaceful and shitty climbers (although many people think that their toxicity is overestimated and the reports are very anectdotal). Sadly actual "tarantulas" are something I know very little about. Sadly I don't own any because of my living situation and other problems.
View attachment 405337
I also like (semi-)aquatic spiders like Ancylometes/Dolomedes because you can keep them in aesthetically pleasing enclosures with water/plants form their habitats, we have (semi-)aquatic pisaurids/lycosids where I live.

Then I also like atypids because they are the only mygalmorphs in my country - I especially like Calommata because of its beautiful orthognathous chelicerae. And the Atypus in my country build tubes where they live/catch their prey, when an animal walks over their tube they come and stab it with their chelicerae from the inside (people also used to cover their wounds in the silk of these animals due to the healing properties/probably antiseptic proteins of spider web).
View attachment 405338
I also enjoy them because of their unique way of catching prey - a bola spider for example uses a lasso with a drop in the end and uses pheromones to lure its prey in (on the day they are disguised as bird shit), a scytodid will shoot its victims with venomous strings from its chelicerae and will pin it down by doing so (some spitting spiders of bigger size like longipes are kept as pets in the moment and for example thoracica often lives in houses in my country), a deinopid will use its web as a landing net (and they also build their retina up and destroy them each day), etc.
View attachment 405329
I also like "social" spiders and animals that occur in my vicinity (like pholcids/dysderids). I also like eresiids because the mothers feed their offspring with their own vomit that consists out of their liquidized insides from mouth to mouth until they die (mouth-to-mouth feeding also occurs in some theridiids). Then I also like "dangerous" animals like funnel-web-spiders (we only have Macrothele cepediana in Europe sadly), Latrodectus/Black Widows, etc. - in my country the most venomous spiders are Argyroneta/Cheiracanthium, which you a) never meet and b) aren't even truly dangerous for humans. And also thomisids because they look like flowers and uloborids because they are non-venomous spiders and kill their prey with raw strength after immobilizing them in their cribellate webs. Basically my criteria for choosing spiders I like is a) behavior, b) looks, c) amount of rarity.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MXsYh8PnPU&ab_channel=Clint%27sReptiles

Indeed. Some of them like Liphistius kanthan/batuensis are especially interesting. batuensis lives on the ceiling of caves with its trapdoor in Thailand/Malaysia and kanthan that also lives in caves in Malaysia builds a web on the ground and hides it with dirt/mud (with behind exits) - both are critically endangered.

I didn't know that. That's cool and sad at the same time. I've only heard of Ctenizidae family of trapdoor spiders

sample_c2bf5ff2b8b0ca41a8126f375e81cacc.jpg
db8eb1288d8beecc0d0fafbb51aa1ed8.jpeg

take the spiderpill

I like spiders. Never kill them. Had one spin a web and sort of rappel from the ceiling to my desk, they're amazing creatures.

I like spiders when they keep to themselves and kill the cockroaches, otherwise no thx jeff.
Understandable.
my knowledge on spiders is a minumum, but i appreciate them and think they are fascinating.
Indeed.
giphy.gif

Snapping Turtle to bite your pp off
Yes. Sadly illegal where I live. Looks like Macrochelys - they have a worm-like tongue to lure their prey in.

Here btw a picture from a book about them, it shows the genital of a male Chelydra after being mutilated by a female with bites while being erect during a copulation attempt - after the picture was taken the genital started to swell and was amputated. Male Chelydra also rape other turtles - for example in one case a male raped a female of another species and afterwards bit its head off/tried to eat the severed head.

I didn't know that. That's cool and sad at the same time. I've only heard of Ctenizidae family of trapdoor spiders
Liphistiids are based. They are the only recent Mesothelae and are the adelphotaxon of all other extant spiders - the so-called Opisthothelae with spinnerets at the back of their body. They are living fossils and have many plesiomorphic/old traits.

Salticids are based.
sample_c2bf5ff2b8b0ca41a8126f375e81cacc.jpg
db8eb1288d8beecc0d0fafbb51aa1ed8.jpeg

take the spiderpill
Based.
I like spiders. Never kill them. Had one spin a web and sort of rappel from the ceiling to my desk, they're amazing creatures.
This tbh.

Last edited:
If I wanted a pet arthropod, I would get a crustacean. They aren't disturbing looking.

Is it safe to handle spiders with bare hands? I mean for the purpose of avoiding bites.

If I wanted a pet arthropod, I would get a crustacean. They aren't disturbing looking.
Good choice. But some crustaceans are also "brutal" - for example the pentastomids that live in the lungs of birds/reptiles, the Cymothoa that destroys/replaces the fish tongue and eats their food then or the Sacculina that only resembles a crustacean as a larvae and afterwards develops into a braid like structure inside other crustaceans. Isopods are very interesting, while hermit crabs are indeed beautiful.
Is it safe to handle spiders with bare hands? I mean for the purpose of avoiding bites.
Depends on the species. Would never handle any animal without gloves ngl.

Last edited:
What to do about centipedes in the house? I know they are not the same family as spiders, but I dont find them very appealing...

I use to swallow live spiders whole on dare, does that make me a spidercel? Or a darecel?

I use to swallow live spiders whole on dare, does that make me a spidercel? Or a darecel?
I used to do stupid dares but nothign like that. kinda extreme bro ngl kinda epic too

Being scared of spiders is such a normie thing to do. I've always found spiders interesting. My favorite species is the Giant Huntsman Spider, even though I've never seen it in my life because it lives in the remote reaches of the rainforest.

I don't like spiders or any bugs. I am fasvinated by them but whenever i see them i kill them. you can call me soider hunter. I killed a pregnant spider ones and all its babies. Took me 1 whole hour. But I don't here them as much as i hate mosquitos because they eat them. no spider bit me ever but mosquito have me skeeter syndrome. maybe next time i won't kill any spider.

What to do about centipedes in the house? I know they are not the same family as spiders, but I dont find them very appealing...
No knowledge about how to deal with chilopods. Only saw Lithobius and some scutigerids irl tbh. There are surely some chemicals against them and they also don't like it when it becomes too dry.
Brutally low-inhib tbh.
Being scared of spiders is such a normie thing to do. I've always found spiders interesting. My favorite species is the Giant Huntsman Spider, even though I've never seen it in my life because it lives in the remote reaches of the rainforest.
Huntsmen spiders are based, btw some of them are subsocial like the Delena cancerides from Australia which lives in colonies, has family ties to a certain degree, makes incest and cannibalizes members of other colonies. And some have very based colors like the Heteropoda davidbowie/boiei.
I don't like spiders or any bugs. I am fasvinated by them but whenever i see them i kill them. you can call me soider hunter. I killed a pregnant spider ones and all its babies. Took me 1 whole hour. But I don't here them as much as i hate mosquitos because they eat them. no spider bit me ever but mosquito have me skeeter syndrome. maybe next time i won't kill any spider.
Mosquitoes are quite annoying (from a human perspective).

Last edited:
Golden Orb Weavers, Crab spiders and Huntsman spiders are what we have around here. Crab spiders win tho.

Kill them whenever I see them tbh