Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Anyone else can't play video games anymore?

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
Everytime I fire up my PC to play a game I am overwhelmed by three feelings:

1) Life is short and I'm wasting my healthy lifespan on this
2) Sitting for prolonged periods is very unhealthy
3) This game sucks / I suck

I haven't been able to play any video game in a meaningful way for years. I had my last true moments of vidya joy on Mass Effect, AOE3 and a modded TES:IV five years ago. Since then I've been unable to enjoy anything in good conscience.

Yes but mostly because of number 3. Number 1 and 2 I don't care about since there is nothing else I would be doing anyway

1) Life is short and I'm wasting my healthy lifespan on this
The pretense to this idea is that you could be doing something better. The only thing better than a good video game is unprotected sex with a fertile women. Since that's an impossibility, fuck it ldar.
2) Sitting for prolonged periods is very unhealthy
If you don't want to be alive today, why the fuck do you care about tomorrow.
3) This game sucks / I suck
Get good or stay a loser.

I can't my pc is 15 year old. Beside that I have no patience to play anything unless I'm stoned, it's just not appealing to me.
I finished many games on PS1, and when my pc was new, half-life2, far cry, oblivion. I was really into it since 1998 to 2008.
Started with those classics like Prince of persia 2D, Worms. It was so awesome when they began to make first 3D shooters like Doom, Half-life, Quake, AoE, Starcraft.. it was best era of gaming, everything was so fresh.
Since then I had played many new games on different PC's but it feels like a waste of time, you can't achieve anything by playing, it doesn't entertain me as much as music or movies or literature. I can't relate to any adult men that keep on playing alot.

going to get a PS4 and vita to play some VNs and jrpgs thst I head are good this summer right now I just play anime fighters which are fun, melty blood, UNIST, and blazblue crosstag battle

it feels like a waste of time, you can't achieve anything by playing, it doesn't entertain me as much as music or movies or literature. I can't relate to any adult men that keep on playing alot.
This. Skills acquired in videogames are usually non-transferable. If you beat a game, you've just become good at that game and maybe other similar games. If you "beat" a book, you can usually reuse some of the knowledge for practical purposes in real life. If anything, books expand your vocabulary and verbal IQ.

I mean I dont have a console anymore. But yeah, they bore me.

This. Skills acquired in videogames are usually non-transferable. .
Yeah I think you pinpointed what makes games unsatisfactory to some people.
But it's not just this reason. For me, some sense of de-personalization comes into play, since you are practically larping when playing a game.
Movies and surprisingly even music shows greater activations in neuronal circuits dedicated for socialization and well being.
But I can't just bash games all the way. It has potential especially for kids, I have learned part of my english with them, as well as unforgettable artistic impressions are valuable to me.

Videogames cost too much neetbux.

Videogames cost too much neetbux.
It's the cheapest hobby for escapism. Drugs are expensive as fuck, Travelling is expensive as fuck, crafts are boring as fuck, what else is there?

It's the cheapest hobby for escapism. Drugs are expensive as fuck, Travelling is expensive as fuck, crafts are boring as fuck, what else is there?
Everything is expensive ngl