Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Anyone else things that the idea of having multiple or many hobbies is a very bad idea?

Lookscel

Lookscel

Better to be an incel than a cuck ツ
-
Nowadays there seems to be this notion that a good person should have multiple hobbies or knowledge or experience related to multiple things.

There is saying " Jack of all trades is master of none ".

Normies are the first to say " Get some hobbies " and would go on to list a list of things but the the idea of having multiple hobbies seems a very bad idea to me.

Humans have limited physical and intellectual capacity, they can only do a limited amount of things and can only do a limited amount of studying. If they try to master multiple things they would end up mastering nothing ( or maybe at best not get the results they were hoping for and produce underwhelming results ) and at the end burn out.

Wouldn't it be better to focus only on one thing and try to excel in that one thing? Your chances of burning out would be less and you will get better results by sticking to one subject.

Nowadays there seems to be this notion that a good person should have multiple hobbies or knowledge or experience related to multiple things. This just seems stupid to me.

I have enough copes to last at least one lifetime the only problem is I can never finish any one thing I'm interested in.

Depends on your intellectual capacity ngl. Mine is limited, so i stick with few hobbies.

Depends on your intellectual capacity ngl. Mine is limited, so i stick with few hobbies.
Tbh my intellectual capacity is very limited. I can't have much and I think most normies won't even consider it a hobby ( they would be like ". It is just studying ")

Nowadays there seems to be this notion that a good person should have multiple hobbies or knowledge or experience related to multiple things.

There is saying " Jack of all trades is master of none ".

Normies are the first to say " Get some hobbies " and would go on to list a list of things but the the idea of having multiple hobbies seems a very bad idea to me.

Humans have limited physical and intellectual capacity, they can only do a limited amount of things and can only do a limited amount of studying. If they try to master multiple things they would end up mastering nothing ( or maybe at best not get the results they were hoping for and produce underwhelming results ) and at the end burn out.

Wouldn't it be better to focus only on one thing and try to excel in that one thing? Your chances of burning out would be less and you will get better results by sticking to one subject.

Nowadays there seems to be this notion that a good person should have multiple hobbies or knowledge or experience related to multiple things. This just seems stupid to me.
Same. The demands are utopic. You are supposed to literally know everything and have experience in a variety of jobs. And normalfags are also so fucking annoying with their self optimization mindset - today if you want to do absolutely nothing after a hard day of work you are seen as lazy/as a bum. The neoliberal myths have completely infiltrated the minds of people. Basically what modern employers want: Someone with best grades, who is young and can focus on his work, but also has a huge friend circle and vast experience around the globe - well, most people have to lower their sights and cannot do everything at the same time. And then the conversations with normalfags, they always treat sports/clothes as if they were a science. Everyone acts like an expert on everything nowadays. Hate the entire modern world.

And normalfags are also so fucking annoying with their self optimization mindset - today if you want to do absolutely nothing after a hard day of work you are seen as lazy/as a bum. The neoliberal myths have completely infiltrated the minds of people
I get the feeling that these ideas were propogated by people who themselves never do any hard work hence life was easy for them. These people had too much of free time. If I were to think this way it seems understandable why they would promote idea which seem stupid.

Everyone acts like an expert on everything nowadays. Hate the entire modern world
This tbh. I don't get why everyone wants to be experts. Take politics for example, people might say ( and with confidence )" Oh capatilism is bad " or " This economic policy is bad " even when they don't even have basic knowledge of economics. How do these people get such confidence is beyond me.

Same. The demands are utopic. You are supposed to literally know everything and have experience in a variety of jobs. And normalfags are also so fucking annoying with their self optimization mindset - today if you want to do absolutely nothing after a hard day of work you are seen as lazy/as a bum. The neoliberal myths have completely infiltrated the minds of people. Basically what modern employers want: Someone with best grades, who is young and can focus on his work, but also has a huge friend circle and vast experience around the globe - well, most people have to lower their sights and cannot do everything at the same time. And then the conversations with normalfags, they always treat sports/clothes as if they were a science. Everyone acts like an expert on everything nowadays. Hate the entire modern world.
thanks a lot, you expressed about thoughts inside me. I stopped in "self optimization mindset" term because Its meaning is not obvious to me and how it differ from doing maxx like moneymaxx
(I searched google and found this article The Cult of Self-Optimization , it is not useful much anyway)