Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone here capable of pixel-art?

overlystinkypants

overlystinkypants

Banned
-
We can create a game made entirely by incels.

k_on__yui_azusa_clap_gif_by_artemsan15-dahpi6h.gif

Would the game include pumping and pulverizing roasties, and defeating Chad as the final boss? If so then I would play it. Sorry I’m not very experienced in pixel art.

Kointo said:
d85.gif

Would the game include pulverizing roasties, and a Chad as the final boss?
how about ER's BMW with spikes everywhere to drive through the beach sidewalks of Isla Vista? and a REAL Day of Retribution?

overlystinkypants said:
how about ER's BMW with spikes everywhere to drive through the beach sidewalks of Isla Vista? and a REAL Day of Retribution?
Sounds like a grand ol time

I have made a lot of pixel art in the past but it takes me an egregious amount of time and I only made one animated gif with it, and it was like a couple seconds long.

blickpall said:
I have made a lot of pixel art in the past but it takes me an egregious amount of time and I only made one animated gif with it, and it was like a couple seconds long.

Wanna try making pixER then?

http://a.abcnews.com/images/WNT/140525_wn_sandell_0634_16x9_992.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8EJJdNp.png

The character is from Enter the Gungeon. You can watch the character movement from youtube videos if you need to. Ignore the gun of course. That would be a different, single sprite. And it's easier to draw. ER on the other hand needs a whole spritesheet. Keep in mind that some of these don't need redrawing but just simple rotation. You'd need to draw him standing in all these directions and also running. The running animation would have to look similiar for all directions so that the player can seamlessly change direction while running. That means only the legs should move a little with head bobbing added.

It should become easier and easier to draw pixelart for you with each sprite. Enter the Gungeon has an insane amount of sprites it's almost unbelieveable. But because it's just you as an artist for now we'd sacrifice some quality to make it open-world and focus only on the most important sprites. There would have to be a lot of civilian models though, with apperance ranging from an incel to a Stacy to Gigachad himself, all of which would give you more retribution points and increase your autism level.

If we manage to pull it off and get enough money on Steam, we can move on to make next games and expand our team. Let's keep it as a hobby for now though, we'll have enough time to make it happen.

Just make a Doom mod

kkt6 said:
Just make a Doom mod

you can't sell it on Steam and make money tho

blickpall said:
overlystinkypants said:
Wanna try making pixER then?
http://a.abcnews.com/images/WNT/140525_wn_sandell_0634_16x9_992.jpg

The character is from Enter the Gungeon. You can watch the character movement from youtube videos if you need to. Ignore the gun of course. That would be a different, single sprite. And it's easier to draw. ER on the other hand needs a whole spritesheet. Keep in mind that some of these don't need redrawing but just simple rotation. You'd need to draw him standing in all these directions and also running. The running animation would have to look similiar for all directions so that the player can seamlessly change direction while running. That means only the legs should move a little with head bobbing added.
It should become easier and easier to draw pixelart for you with each sprite. Enter the Gungeon has an insane amount of sprites it's almost unbelieveable. But because it's just you as an artist for now we'd sacrifice some quality to make it open-world and focus only on the most important sprites. There would have to be a lot of civilian models though, with apperance ranging from an incel to a Stacy to Gigachad himself, all of which would give you more retribution points and increase your autism level.
If we manage to pull it off and get enough money on Steam, we can move on to make next games and expand our team. Let's keep it as a hobby for now though, we'll have enough time to make it happen.

Hm, I guess I can try, although I've never made pixel art quite like that. The example you linked seems so small, hard to imagine how much detail you can put in there. Here's examples of the work I did:

yeah don't forget to add colors kek

Last edited by a moderator:
overlystinkypants said:
you can't sell it on Steam and make money tho
Why would steam sell an incel game

kkt6 said:
Why would steam sell an incel game

same reason they sell postal and hatred games - money

blickpall said:
Hm, I guess I can try, although I've never made pixel art quite like that. The example you linked seems so small, hard to imagine how much detail you can put in there. Here's examples of the work I did:

So how's it going? Are you working on it or have you given up or not even started? Some progress pics?

Last edited by a moderator: