Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Anyone on keto?

mcfroggy

mcfroggy

NEET | Doesn't even have friends
★★★★★
I've tried multiple times but it's so hard to figure out meals I can actually make, most recipes online are way too heavy and have special ingredients I can't get. Is there any simple but tasty meals that don't make you want to kys after the 3rd egg that day?

There are a lot of popular delusions about what a ketogenic diet is and is not. Why are you trying to eat a ketogenic diet?

In response to your question though, I dunno. When I've gone without carbohydrates I ate egg whites, tuna, and protein powder only.

***PSA***

All dieting "tactics" (keto, intermittent fasting, etc) only have utility in terms of psychological comfort--do them if it makes dieting feel easier.

Counting calories is the only way to reliably progress toward the goal.

Last edited:
Keto is mainly steak, eggs and leafy vegetables, it's really not difficult to do.... it's just hell to be satisfied with :feelskek:

There are a lot of popular delusions about what a ketogenic diet is and is not. Why are you trying to eat a ketogenic diet?

In response to your question though, I dunno. When I've gone without carbohydrates I ate egg whites, tuna, and protein powder only.
To regulate my hunger and start to burn fat, I've found over the years that i'm very sensitive to carbs and gain stubborn weight really quick from them.

dont know what that is

I'm doing intermittent fasting with a 3-5 hour daily eating window. I don't eat any red meat or chicken, but I'm still able to remain on keto being plant based with mushrooms, edame, brocolli, organic tofu, grass fed A2 whey protein, pasture raised eggs, goat cheese, feta cheese, organic greek or plain grass fed yogurt, grass fed ghee, coconut oil, olive oil, raspberries, strawberries, bananas, peaches, melons, avocado, almonds, peanuts, nutritional yeast, celtic/himalayan salt, raw honey, sugar free tea/coffee/energy drink, and fish/shell fish a few times a month. I just have to make sure I limit my daily food intake to less than 70 net carbs, but I can have a little more depending on how much cardio I did. I also take some daily supplements like calcium, potassium chloride, creatine monohydrate, a multi vitamin, lugol's iodine, 10-12mg of boron, DHA, vitamin D3+K2, 700 mg beta carotene, dandelion root powder, milk thistle powder, magnesium glycinate, 50 mg of zinc, selenium, and folate.

Last edited:
To regulate my hunger and start to burn fat, I've found over the years that i'm very sensitive to carbs and gain stubborn weight really quick from them.

1. Ketogenic diets can indeed reduce perceived hunger in people, especially earlier in the day (cuz hormones and shit)
2. If you "gain weight from carbs" it's because carbs are tasty and they make you overeat (I know that feel), not because your body is "sensitive" to them. A pound of fat on my body, your body, or any mammalian body is roughly 4,000 kilo Calories of undifferentiated fat, and whether you've gained it from eating protein, carbohydrates or dietary fat, it isn't any more or less stubborn.

In summary: if a ketogenic diet is more comfortable for you in terms of appetite and food selection, then it is a great option for you. However, your weight loss or gain will be determined by your energy consumption from any and all food sources (protein 4/g, carb 4/g, fat 9/g). If you count calories and stay below a certain threshold you will lose fat whether you're living on steak or Mars bars.

Additionally, a lot of the belief about carbs making more fat than other macronutrients, and ketosis being some magic fat burning state, comes from the fact that glucose from carbohydrates bond 1:3 with water to make glycogen, so when someone stops eating carbohydrates they may quickly lose a few pounds due to glycogen depletion--this is not fat loss.

plain grass fed yogurt, grass fed ghee
Where do you get your grass fed dairy? I've found grassfed meat at whole foods stores but not dairy. Is there some online order?

Last edited:
That's not a bad thing. It means you have a slow metabolism and you can build muscle very easily, but you also gain fat easily. People with fast metabolisms have to eat several carb filled meals a day to keep spiking their insulin, and they have to keep their stress low, have very good sleep schedules, and work out constantly to gain muscle at the same rate as people with slow metabolisms. Here are some informational videos of people who researched keto thoroughly.

Additionally, a lot of the belief about carbs making more fat than other macronutrients, and ketosis being some magic fat burning state, comes from the fact that glucose from carbohydrates bond 1:3 with water to make glycogen, so when someone stops eating carbohydrates they may quickly lose a few pounds due to glycogen depletion--this is not fat loss.
Being in ketosis lowers your appetite a lot. The last thing I eat is a huge spoon full of coconut oil and it keeps me full until the next day. Having a small eating window with low glycemic foods will also keep your daily insulin spikes low.
Where do you get your grass fed dairy? I've found grassfed meat at whole foods stores but not dairy. Is there some online order?
You have to go to whole foods or a farm. I don't drink milk, I order the grass fed whey and ghee from amazon. But I get the goat and feta cheese and grass fed yogurt from the supermarket.

Last edited:
The last thing I eat is a huge spoon full of coconut oil and it keeps me full until the next day.
Thanks for all info man. I know keto is all about fat, but do you have any lighter meal recipes? I'm not that dedicated to eating two handfuls of plain spinach with my meat.

Thanks for all info man. I know keto is all about fat, but do you have any lighter meal recipes? I'm not that dedicated to eating two handfuls of plain spinach with my meat.
You should always break your fast with fats and proteins first, and eat carbs at the very end. They say that way it keeps insulin from spiking too much. I break my fast with a salad containing arugula, avocado, tomatoes, onions, himalayan salt, and olive oil, then I use ghee and coconut oil to fry organic tofu with mushrooms, broccoli, scrambled egg yolks, mustard powder and cauliflower rice. Then I have some fruit like bananas, peaches, strawberries, and raspberries, etc...as long as I don't over do it. Then after a couple hours I'll have my second final meal of the day consisting of a grass fed whey protein shake in sugar free almond/hemp milk with cinnamon, a big spoon of coconut oil, small spoon of cod liver oil, spoon of nutritional yeast, goat/feta cheese with olives and olive oil, and a bunch of unshelled peanuts.

Is there any simple but tasty meals that don't make you want to kys after the 3rd egg that day?
My advice is just to accept the routine. I eat a ribeye, some eggs, and cheese every day, plus some fruit or a sweet potato around gym time. The practicality of having a routine is the best way to diet, IMO. You have to deal with some monotony, but that's also liberation from the trouble of complicated planning and shopping and all the dangers that come with that.

I have never managed to follow a diet, even though I would want to. I think I could improve my health more if I did that, and especially keto/paleo is based from what I have read. I have lacked the self-discipline to do that though.

I have never managed to follow a diet, even though I would want to. I think I could improve my health more if I did that, and especially keto/paleo is based from what I have read. I have lacked the self-discipline to do that though.
It's hard for me too since my family buys tons of sweets and stuff. If you live alone just don't buy anything not on the diet. It helps me to just stay out of the kitchen unless I'm cooking or getting a meal, and when I have to be there for longer I put any carbs out of sight.