Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Are Facebook and YouTube "soy?" In the way that Twitter and Reddit are "soy?"

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
I only really ever hear Twitter and Reddit called "soy." And it's true, they've kinda inherited the legacy that Tumblr used to have. But I wonder why it is I don't go on, say, YouTube, and get inundated with nothing but roses and rainbow flags and calls for widespread looting and arson. Like I do on Reddit or Twitter. On Twitter they're fact checking Trump's Tweets. On Facebook there's an unregulated market for political ads, no matter how mad it makes progressives. Why this difference? Why does Twitter feel like a bastion for progressive ideas, but Facebook doesn't?

I think it's because the Facebook Empire (Facebook, Instagram, everything else Facebook owns) has billions of users. And YouTube is pretty close, with over 1.5 billion monthly users as of September 2019. The userbase is too diverse.

While Reddit and Twitter were, as of September 2019, only hovering around the 300 millions. That (relatively) small amount makes for a (relatively) niche and tight knit group. You've probably seen the Tweet about how most content on Twitter is controlled by just 10% of accounts or something?

((((Reddit))))

((((YouTube))))

((((Twitter))))

((((Facebook))))

They're all run by the same people. Yes they are soy. And they are only getting more soy. Notice how less and less actual good content creators, subreddits etc there. They are being filtered out and soon it will be 100% soy.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back