Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Argh, couldn't help it, did it again.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
A few days ago I made a thread saying I was finally over owning Steam games. I'd go back to pirating forever and that I was past the cravings to own.

Idk what is it but the Christmas sales unleashed that feeling again. So I managed to convince some stranger on reddit to buy me a game, yet again.

If I had to guess why I do it, I'd say that when I pirate games, I uninstall them in minutes or hours at best. But when you own it, idk, even if I uninstall it, I end up reinstalling it several times, and before you know it I actually sit through the whole game and finish it. Idk why pirating games makes me give up quicker. Actually, it's the other way around, I give up even when I own it, but owning it means it's still in your mind, it's so easy to reinstall, and before you know it you're playing again and actually finishing.

There's nothing on Steam that I'd actually spend my own money on (third world country so I'm frugal as fuck, even when I do have a bit of money tucked away for entertainment). So I managed to convince somebody else to buy me a game. In this case I got Divinity Original Sin 2. A game I've installed twice and deleted in like half an hour, twice over the years. This time I own it though so I'm sure I'll play it all the way through.

There's nothing on Steam that I'd actually spend my own money on (third world country so I'm frugal as fuck, even when I do have a bit of money tucked away for entertainment). So I managed to convince somebody else to buy me a game.
Ssuuuuuuure

I must CONSOOOOOOOOOOM

Welcome back to the World of Warez.

consooooooom

you need to just find 1 game you can grind out bro instead of constantly spending your shekels.

consooooooom

you need to just find 1 game you can grind out bro instead of constantly spending your shekels.
I literally spend hours every day searching for that game. Literally, for years, every day, hours.

I literally spend hours every day searching for that game. Literally, for years, every day, hours.
Same, I have games, and I can pirate them too, but I don't play them anymore.
I play old games that I played when I was young, I can only play these games, you should try nostalgic games.

Same, I have games, and I can pirate them too, but I don't play them anymore.
I play old games that I played when I was young, I can only play these games, you should try nostalgic games.
Sadly I mostly just wasted time on Runescape and WoW, and some other shit MMOs. Can't play MMOs anymore though, they suck so fucking much.

Sadly I mostly just wasted time on Runescape and WoW, and some other shit MMOs. Can't play MMOs anymore though, they suck so fucking much.
I understand, I've never tried MMO's, are they good?

I understand, I've never tried MMO's, are they good?
They aren't good, they're essentially just chores but presented in an addictive way so that you end up putting up with the chores so that once every few hours you get some insignificant reward that keeps you doing more chores so you get more insignificant rewards. Do not even try MMOs, waste of time and life.

The talented @anon1822

MMOs are a sunk cost fallacy. Almost like a pyramid scheme.

They aren't good, they're essentially just chores but presented in an addictive way so that you end up putting up with the chores so that once every few hours you get some insignificant reward that keeps you doing more chores so you get more insignificant rewards. Do not even try MMOs, waste of time and life.
If you think vidya in general is waste of time and life too.
Anyway thanks for your advice.

If you think vidya in general is waste of time and life too.
Anyway thanks for your advice.
Good insight, but MMOs aren't even fun. At least singleplayer games can be fun at times, MMOs are just chores.

Check out this site I use. Its for Touhou games, but you may find a hidden gem hopefully

Yeah i still buy games here and there but definitely reduced the amount.

If I buy games, it's just games I think will have a ton of replay value. No soy AAA games will ever be bought by me. I refuse.

If I buy games, it's just games I think will have a ton of replay value. No soy AAA games will ever be bought by me. I refuse.
Smart man, what are your favorite games?

Idk what is it but the Christmas sales unleashed that feeling again. So I managed to convince some stranger on reddit to buy me a game, yet again.
Dark triad slayer.

Teach me.
Ehh, people are so kind only when it comes to indie singleplayer games (cause they're also supporting the indie devs) so it's not really a useful thing to do. Tbh the hassle of getting someone to buy you the game isn't worth it, it's much easier to just pirate it in a few minutes and be done, this can take hours and the chance of success aren't that great.

Won't work on AAA games or multiplayer games, just cheaper indie games mostly. Sometimes it works for $20 games too though but that's rare.

Smart man, what are your favorite games?
A wide variety of them really. Tetris, Mario Maker 2 (soy memes aside), CS:GO (just avoid the craze over buying skins), stuff that doesn't cost a lot of money (minus the switch) and just play those. Gaming doesn't have to cost a lot of money.

A wide variety of them really. Tetris, Mario Maker 2 (soy memes aside), CS:GO (just avoid the craze over buying skins), stuff that doesn't cost a lot of money (minus the switch) and just play those. Gaming doesn't have to cost a lot of money.
Nice, that's a high IQ mindset you have there. Good games too.