Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Ban Discussion Megathread

I miss you @startcel
You didn't go ET and still got banned :cryfeels: :cryfeels:
He probably ban evaded. lmao
I bet he's still here.
almost certainly one of his snarky comments accurately pointing out annoying hypocrisy not allowed to be questioned
Yeah, you know what they say about free speech; if someone is trying to silence you for saying something, his words have power. And this is just words.

In all seriousness though Regi's ban is too far tbh. Unless there's cold hard evidence of him roleplaying I don't know about, he hasn't done anything to deserve perma when members like needsolution and de Geso are still around. I rarely if ever seriously criticize mod action, but this reeks of a reactionary angry response by a mod. Having a hissy fit over something he said (almost certainly one of his snarky comments accurately pointing out annoying hypocrisy not allowed to be questioned) might not be so hypocritical if most mods (#notall, but most) didn't constantly act like they are these high and mighty infallible arbiters of logic and justice. Just admit you're just as petty and pedantic as any other user here.
ScornedStoic

Hopefully Reginald escapes from the prison, he is missed.

In all seriousness though Regi's ban is too far tbh. Unless there's cold hard evidence of him roleplaying I don't know about, he hasn't done anything to deserve perma when members like needsolution and de Geso are still around. I rarely if ever seriously criticize mod action, but this reeks of a reactionary angry response by a mod. Having a hissy fit over something he said (almost certainly one of his snarky comments accurately pointing out annoying hypocrisy not allowed to be questioned) might not be so hypocritical if most mods (#notall, but most) didn't constantly act like they are these high and mighty infallible arbiters of logic and justice. Just admit you're just as petty and pedantic as any other user here.
Wait so @RegisterUserName is permabanned?

@RegisterUserName got eaten by little clowns or what

@RegisterUserName
is he banned in a " you have lost your posting privileges forever " kind of way ?

Average Joe Bunny got banned, permanently :feelsbadman:

Yes but jfl look at this

Remember when they always say "you're not a big enough deal for me to ban you for no reason"? Well, I have officially signed my lease to reside in knajjd's head while paying nothing in return. I didn't even make a post which broke the rules, just knajjd still angry that I humiliated him by pointing out his hypocrisy then blocked him on discord :feelskek:

This is the best excuse he could think of:

RegisterUserName,

You have been permanently banned by Moderation Staff.

Additional Comments: permabanned due to the one-strike policy user was on, (multiple counts of banter on ban discussion megathread after having been unbanned, multiple clutter/joke reports on such as the one on master, etc.) and general agreement on how the user is obviously not interested in reforming and following what he's said on his already uncaring and borderline insulting ban appeal, skirting the rules so much as a user with one of the most amount of warnings on the website."

I got banned falsely before (even moreso than now), so there was no need for the bootlicking that the ban appeal system so desperately encourages. He couldn't find a single rule breaking post, so he just banned me for "general behaviour" because he knows I keep proving him wrong. Just be banned for making a report against knajjd for personal attack when he did bro! The only other time was when I reported Master as a joke because we're friends, but I guess knajjd is designated BBC cleanup.

I literally have not broken the rules, he just doesn't like me. I have a lot of warnings because half of them are joke warnings or just random verbals or something. It's not like I commit heinous crimes against the site like spamming, LARPing, bragging, female worship, attacking other users despite false warnings (I was warned once for it for saying "mods gay", once for getting into an arguement with someone which is fair enough though he started it, and one for calling saying someone is a loser as a joke because of their username colour, which was overturned. Bear in mind that it was a 40% warning or something because the retard had stacked it with a "time out" warning.

Anyways, I could appeal my ban no problem if the mods were logical, but he went out of his way to find a reason to ban me because he thinks this is school or something and I'm his bully, when really he's just learning not to be such a spastic because not everyone will lie down for it.

You can post this on ban discussion if you like. I'd be happy to debate with anyone the validity of my ban

What happened to @Rippa?

just kiss the mods asses bro
Thats not what I said you knob.

Ive seen @RegisterUserName on here make claims and wrong assumptions while berating mods on this very thread and then get called out for it. At some point, that shit will get old.

Thats not what I said you knob.

Ive seen @RegisterUserName on here make claims and wrong assumptions while berating mods on this very thread and then get called out for it. At some point, that shit will get old.

@RegisterUserName whitecel genocide

When did knajjd make an alt:waitwhat:
Hmm look I dont remember what they specifically talked about, that's too many pages back. I've seen him stand corrected by other mods numerous times on this thread.

Either way, this is all irrelevant. RegisteredSlayer's fate is already decreed, there is no saving him.

@RegisterUserName bannychad is gone :cryfeels:

Rest in Peace Bunnychad. Beloved brother, memelord and shitposter. Flew to close to the sun. His untimely ban is sorely regretted and he will be sorely missed. Sadly he's told me over PM he won't be appealing and is gone forever. RIP
Damnn I was interested in seeing that appeal play out tbh That @GoyimWithAttitude appeal was hilarious and sad at the same time. I will always wonder what @RegisterUserName appeal would look like.

Guess he figured there's no point in embarrassing himself with his fate already determined by the Mod who finished him off.

Embarrassing himself? Lolno. He just knows it's an effort in futility. It's the same reason the mod who banned him still hasn't responded here in the bdmt despite most times a prolific user is banned they immediately explain why. It's because a mod simply didn't like him and used his amount of warnings to get rid of him because he embarrassed a mod, not the other way around.

As I've said, I rarely criticize mod action, most users who are banned deserve it, but this case is clear cut. This was a spiteful revenge ban because someone's a pissy little child who couldn't handle his ego getting hurt, plain and simple. I've seen the warnings and seen everything play out. There's no argument to be had here that Regi should have been banned. Under the logic used to ban him over half the forum should be perma'd.
Uhh that's not what I meant. It would be embarrassing in the fact that we all know his appeal would get denied and it would stay there for life..

How is that embarrassing for him?
Would you make an appeal knowing it would get denied?

Knowing that it would stay there for life and anyone who disliked you would go to it just to laugh at you..

Would you make an appeal knowing it would get denied?

Knowing that it would stay there for life and anyone who disliked you would go to it just to laugh at you..
I agree tbh, and said mod would probably destroy him in his reply and instantly lock the thread, he has nothing to gain by appealing

I agree tbh, and said mod would probably destroy him in his reply and instantly lock the thread, he has nothing to gain by appealing
Lmao exactly

Especially if it was knajjd who axed him.

Arguably the most vicious Mod when it comes to denying ban appeals. I wouldn't bother either tbh

a whopping two permabans were lifted from his account and he has 33 warnings, a lot of them for personal attacks, and one of the highest amount of warnings out of all the users in the website. when he was given a third chance, it was agreed upon and he was informed that he would be permabanned in the slightest rule break. since then, he's used the report system for nothing but joke reports and the sort, made banter in the ban discussion megathread god knows how many times and has in fact re-posted such deleted posts right after they've been deleted for "banter"... he should have been re-banned sooner, if anything. someone who has been given so many extra chances isn't going to get away with skirting the rules all the time on purpose and so blatantly. it is his fault that he thought he could get away with it, well knowing that he was literally on his last leg. how many extra chances do people expect to be given?

also, it wasn't just me, it was a general agreement by the mod team that he wasn't at all trying to reform and that the infractions listed above did indeed go against the "one-strike policy" that he was put on.

I dont know who that is but I agree

Free him
that guy's favourite places include "trap palace", "trap regalia" and etc. he's not getting unbanned anytime soon.

@RemoveNormalfags rippa's requested his ban

a whopping two permabans were lifted from his account and he has 33 warnings, a lot of them for personal attacks, and one of the highest amount of warnings out of all the users in the website. when he was given a third chance, it was agreed upon and he was informed that he would be permabanned in the slightest rule break. since then, he's used the report system for nothing but joke reports and the sort, made banter in the ban discussion megathread god knows how many times and has in fact re-posted such deleted posts right after they've been deleted for "banter"... he should have been re-banned sooner, if anything. someone who has been given so many extra chances isn't going to get away with skirting the rules all the time on purpose and so blatantly. it is his fault that he thought he could get away with it, well knowing that he was literally on his last leg. how many extra chances do people expect to be given?

also, it wasn't just me, it was a general agreement by the mod team that he wasn't at all trying to reform and that the infractions listed above did indeed go against the "one-strike policy" that he was put on.

that guy's favourite places include "trap palace", "trap regalia" and etc. he's not getting unbanned anytime soon.

@RemoveNormalfags rippa's requested his ban

I was not aware of this.. Were his posts deleted?

How is it even remotely reasonable that an actual user who isn't a caricature like half the top 100 users gets perma'd for essentially "goofing off too much", since I still haven't seen any evidence of egregious behavior from him? I follow his posts a lot and I've never seen these personal attacks you say are so common. His most terrible offences amount to light trolling, meanwhile there's 50 threads and 200 posts a day about how the Jews should be killed en masse, de Geso and others post the same thread over and over again, users like antipain and needsolution are still kicking despite being worse spammers than Ritalincel. This is totally unjustifiable, stop acting like it isn't.

I've seen the warnings, so the wool can't be pulled over my eyes on this one. The vast majority are for such petty shit. I wasn't being sarcastic in my original post, under your logic for banning him, 75% of this forum should be perma'd right now. It's a question of proportion. So many other users are such worse offenders. Some of the shit he's been warned for I've literally seen mods do, jfl.

The one-strike thing never made much sense to me anyway tbh. It's essentially a get out of jail free card for a mod to get rid of him whenever he chooses. Either give a second chance or don't, but when you include a condition like that it essentially guarantees this will happen when a mod gets pissed off.

If your argument really is that a prolific actual user with relationships here deserves perma because he posted a few joke threads in M&F while egregious rule breakers calling for genocide on a daily basis, talking about keeping women in cages in their basement as a serious idea, and spam relentlessly objectively garbage threads deserve to stay, okay then, but that just proves my point for me really.

You talk about such vague things as if they're black and white. i.e. "constantly skirted thr rules", "made banter in the bdmt," when really they're not, they're utterly subjective. I've been banned from the bdmt for "banter" when literally only seriously discussing a ban and I've experienced both personally and vicariously warnings that were objectively completely unjustified for vague things. In the end it's just a mechanism to to be used to get rid of someone not liked by the powers that be, not unlike Reddit.
Abusing the report function by submitting numerous false reports warrants a warning regardless of who does it. As he was on a one strike policy, that alone would have been enough.

Now, one can of course argue the merits of a one strike policy. I won't get into it because whether or not you believe the policy has merit is irrelevant to the fact that it was in place and the user was informed of it - and chose to do the things they did regardless of it. By intentionally abusing the report function, they basically requested a permanent ban in this scenario. An alternative would have been arguing those merits of a one strike policy without breaking the rules, or appealing the decision. Instead, they decided to be a drama queen and make extra work for moderators for no reason whatsoever. The outcome should come as no surprise to anyone given the circumstances.

You talk about such vague things as if they're black and white. i.e. "constantly skirted thr rules", "made banter in the bdmt," when really they're not, they're utterly subjective. I've been banned from the bdmt for "banter" when literally only seriously discussing a ban and I've experienced both personally and vicariously warnings that were objectively completely unjustified for vague things. In the end it's just a mechanism to to be used to get rid of someone not liked by the powers that be, not unlike Reddit.
I'm an advocate of having a separate thread where the vague and convoluted rules are explained and not just say "persecution" or "gay content". Seeing how I've also gotten a warning for a gay joke (which I didn't think was included in the "gay content" rule).

. The fact that AntiPain creates several threads that are literally "peepee poopoo" and is still around, yet Regi gets a perma for a pushy ban discussion post, just doesn't sit right, no matter how much it was against the rules.
AntiPain creates a different thread every 10 minutes and yet Regi gets banned for virtually nothing.
Yeah, it really should, but don't hold your breath. Every time this is requested they simply say "it's obvious".
I'm starting to believe that the rules are intentionally vague so the mods can twist the meaning of the rules and give warnings to whoever they want.

How is it even remotely reasonable that an actual user who isn't a caricature like half the top 100 users gets perma'd for essentially "goofing off too much", since I still haven't seen any evidence of egregious behavior from him? I follow his posts a lot and I've never seen these personal attacks you say are so common. His most terrible offences amount to light trolling, meanwhile there's 50 threads and 200 posts a day about how the Jews should be killed en masse, de Geso and others post the same thread over and over again, users like antipain and needsolution are still kicking despite being worse spammers than Ritalincel. This is totally unjustifiable, stop acting like it isn't.

I've seen the warnings, so the wool can't be pulled over my eyes on this one. The vast majority are for such petty shit. I wasn't being sarcastic in my original post, under your logic for banning him, 75% of this forum should be perma'd right now. It's a question of proportion. So many other users are such worse offenders. Some of the shit he's been warned for I've literally seen mods do, jfl.

The one-strike thing never made much sense to me anyway tbh. It's essentially a get out of jail free card for a mod to get rid of him whenever he chooses. Either give a second chance or don't, but when you include a condition like that it essentially guarantees this will happen when a mod gets pissed off.

If your argument really is that a prolific actual user with relationships here deserves perma because he posted a few joke threads in M&F while egregious rule breakers calling for genocide on a daily basis, talking about keeping women in cages in their basement as a serious idea, and spam relentlessly objectively garbage threads deserve to stay, okay then, but that just proves my point for me really.

because we delete the posts that break the rules after warning for them, and you also have no access to the report queue to see all his posts that were reported. duh? he even addresses his harassment posts himself in his ban appeal, if i recall correctly.

no offense, but i'm going to stop reading after the "it's unjustifiable to ban someone for breaking the rules because other people do it too" line. go report the people whom you think break the rules and get away with it so that we can punish them (provided the reports are valid,) instead of going with the impossibly vague and meaningless "but teacher he does it too" argument.

im starting to think that registerUserName wanted to get banned tbh
with the type of shit he posted in the last days/weeks , it seems like he got tired of this forum and wanted to go out with a bang .
But im just reading between the lines here .

My point wasn't that those things aren't against the rules/shouldn't warrant a warning, but that the fact that that is being used as the justification for a ban versus more egregious rule breaking going unnoticed is suspect when it's only being applied to a user a mod dislikes, versus the rules being applied more evenly. The fact that AntiPain creates several threads that are literally "peepee poopoo" and is still around, yet Regi gets a perma for a pushy ban discussion post, just doesn't sit right, no matter how much it was against the rules. He already had his report function and bdmt posting privileges taken away for the things you mentioned, the perma's timing with lack of any catalyst action makes it all seem suspect.
I will speak for myself since I don't know exactly what other mods do, but I suspect they, much like me, action mostly reports and once in a while an offending post they run into naturally as a user of the site. If people aren't reporting the posts, then they are much less likely to get punished. Additionally, and this is an argument I've had to reiterate a couple of times over PM when warned users use the same "but he's doing it too" defense, you don't know who we action unless they get temp banned/perm banned, you don't know what gets reported or does not, etc. Posters like the ones you've brought up DO have a lot of warnings already - but they still don't have nearly the history as RegisterUserName. Also, as knajjd said, you don't get to see all of the offending posts a user makes because they get deleted. Even if RegisterUserName shared his list of warnings with you in detail, that still wouldn't account for all of the deleted posts. As such, seeing him as somehow significantly better of a user than the ones you mentioned may make subjective, qualitative sense but is factually incorrect in a quantitative and evidential sense.

As for the veracity of the one strike policy, your comment essentially amounted to "you don't like it, but it's there anyway". Like, okay, of course, I knew that, but that isn't an argument... If you don't want to defend it that's your prerogative, I wasn't saying you have to, but it's strange to write a whole paragraph as if it was an argument
I think you may have misunderstood me. My point wasn't "you don't like it, but it's there anyway," but rather "you don't like it, but it (was) there anyway, and this user willingly ignored it when there were more productive ways of going about things." It isn't an argument, it's a statement of fact.

Let me make an analogy. If you think that marijuana should be legalized in your city/state/country/whatever, the appropriate way to handle that is by petitioning the local government, garnering support from the voting population, etc. It isn't blazing up a bleezy at the local police station and shouting "fuck the police" then wondering why you got arrested. As such, if RegisterUserName thought that the policy was unfair, then he could have 1. shown signs of reform 2. appealed the decision, just like how he appealed his ban, which was overturned 3. perhaps tried to find support by making a thread in Meta/Feedback and presented his arguments for why the policy wasn't just. Instead, he decided to abuse site features and continue breaking rules - just like the pothead in the police station.

im starting to think that registerUserName wanted to get banned tbh
with the type of shit he posted in the last days/weeks , it seems like he got tired of this forum and wanted to go out with a bang .
But im just reading between the lines here .
Basically.

You advocate a separate thread to do what you should have done when you registered or were warned for the first time. I've seen zero questions from you regarding the rules.
Parrotlord similarly had doubts regarding the female worship rule, and he sadly waited until his ban appeal to point it out in detail. However, once he did I did update the rules to make them more clear. If a valid issue is pointed out we do act in response.
In short, if you don't get the rules and complain about them you're akin to a child not raising his hand to ask questions in class and then saying the teacher does a poor job explaining. If you want clarification on something either make a feedback thread or PM me and be specific about what it is you don't understand.
Why should people have to ask for clarifications because the original thread doesn't elaborate on the vague rules?

Not everyone has been here for 2 years (and a mod on top of that) so it makes sense that not everyone understands every aspect of the rules.

You probably were the kind of person who blamed the teacher, huh.
So be it, you don't want to ask, you'll never know what the rules mean. The warnings will come regardless, if you break them.
This isn't just about me, it's about every single person that is and will be on this forum. People shouldn't be expected to ask question because the teacher gave vague guidance.

When the teacher points towards the north people shouldn't have to repeat themselves and ask where. It's the teacher who should elaborate where the travellers should go.

This shitty permaban discussion shows exactly that status is everything everywhere.so many of you say spam to free a famous user(take ritalin,reggie,needsolution) generally if any of the top 5% of high posters gets banned so many users spam to free them,BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST FAMOUS,95% OF THE GUYS WHO SAY FREE THIS AND FREE THAT DO IT BECAUSE EVERYONE IS DOING IT
literally some guys have over 20fucking warnings you idiots should understand that they keep doing this shit because they feel that with the fame they have they will get away with it,ITS LIKE THOSE USERS HAVE MORE RIGHTS AND MORE VALUE THAN A TYPICAL USER HERE
shitposting is funny but most of the spammers u want to be freed are retarded no sense idiots
Also i am not defending any mods,the fact that those users have so many warnings mean the statuspill did work for a period of time,i cant imagine that anyone with my kind of status here wouldnt get banned after a single number of warnings

Over for averagejoecels

This shitty permaban discussion shows exactly that status is everything everywhere.so many of you say spam to free a famous user(take ritalin,reggie,needsolution) generally if any of the top 5% of high posters gets banned so many users spam to free them,BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST FAMOUS,95% OF THE GUYS WHO SAY FREE THIS AND FREE THAT DO IT BECAUSE EVERYONE IS DOING IT
literally some guys have over 20fucking warnings you idiots should understand that they keep doing this shit because they feel that with the fame they have they will get away with it,ITS LIKE THOSE USERS HAVE MORE RIGHTS AND MORE VALUE THAN A TYPICAL USER HERE
shitposting is funny but most of the spammers u want to be freed are retarded no sense idiots
Also i am not defending any mods,the fact that those users have so many warnings mean the statuspill did work for a period of time,i cant imagine that anyone with my kind of status here wouldnt get banned after a single number of warnings
Brutal blackpill ngl
Over for averagejoecels

@Gamblord just brag theory

because we delete the posts that break the rules after warning for them, and you also have no access to the report queue to see all his posts that were reported. duh? he even addresses his harassment posts himself in his ban appeal, if i recall correctly.

no offense, but i'm going to stop reading after the "it's unjustifiable to ban someone for breaking the rules because other people do it too" line. go report the people whom you think break the rules and get away with it so that we can punish them (provided the reports are valid,) instead of going with the impossibly vague and meaningless "but teacher he does it too" argument.
Free @GoyimWithAttitude