Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Ban Discussion Megathread

There's a very simple solution here.

Make it a site feature where the banned members' reason for being banned shows up when you hover over their name. It would show the usual info like join date etc., but if they're banned, it would list the reason(s) also.

On the site's end, moderators would have a list of fixed, bullet point or checkbox options for selecting what the reasons are, and they would be required to select the reasons from their menu before they're able to go through with the ban.

If anything, it'll reduce a huge chunk of the clutter here asking about such and such user when they could simply hover over the name and see for themselves.

If people are banned for one reason or another, it makes zero sense for those reasons to be private. It would be like if the authorities arrested, prosecuted, and imprisoned somebody for a crime, but they hid the information of what crime was committed from the public.

If somebody promotes trap content, for example, yeah delete the post and ban them into the nether realm. But there's no harm in having their reason for ban being displayed like a rap sheet or badge of dishonor.

This will placate posters like @ScornedStoic, while not changing any rules or moderator responsibilities, and it will trim the fat from this thread.
I like the idea tbh

There's a very simple solution here.

Make it a site feature where the banned members' reason for being banned shows up when you hover over their name. It would show the usual info like join date etc., but if they're banned, it would list the reason(s) also.

On the site's end, moderators would have a list of fixed, bullet point or checkbox options for selecting what the reasons are, and they would be required to select the reasons from their menu before they're able to go through with the ban.

If anything, it'll reduce a huge chunk of the clutter here asking about such and such user when they could simply hover over the name and see for themselves.

If people are banned for one reason or another, it makes zero sense for those reasons to be private. It would be like if the authorities arrested, prosecuted, and imprisoned somebody for a crime, but they hid the information of what crime was committed from the public.

If somebody promotes trap content, for example, yeah delete the post and ban them into the nether realm. But there's no harm in having their reason for ban being displayed like a rap sheet or badge of dishonor.

This will placate posters like @ScornedStoic, while not changing any rules or moderator responsibilities, and it will trim the fat from this thread.
I agree, if this could be implemented in a way that doesn't add additional work for moderators, this could be a good idea. I use a different forum that has something similar, where the ban reason provided to the person is automatically posted in a designated locked thread. However, if I recall correctly, when I suggested this way back, I was told that it was not feasible through this forum architecture.

I agree, if this could be implemented in a way that doesn't add additional work for moderators, this could be a good idea. I use a different forum that has something similar, where the ban reason provided to the person is automatically posted in a designated locked thread. However, if I recall correctly, when I suggested this way back, I was told that it was not feasible through this forum architecture.

A bit of tinkering in JavaScript should do the trick. It would be low overhead. I'm not fluent in JS, else I'd volunteer to the add the feature.

@Emergency Manual

What happened to @Melanin

He was the only cel I followed

I thought his views on updating hypergamy was based no one really discusses blackpill philosophy on here

They just drop blackpills and cry about them

I thought his views on updating hypergamy was based no one really discusses blackpill philosophy on here

He only had one post, how could you know so much on him?

Requested.

@Convergence
Firefox 2020 01 20 13 48 43

What happened to @Barnacle

"bragged" about banging an asian gilf
yeah, coming into an incel forum and going "hey, everyone, i've been inactive because i've been fucking an asian for a long time now, and she loved me so much that she did whatever i asked her to do!!!" isn't a brag at all. trash has been gotten rid of.

yeah, coming into an incel forum and going "hey, everyone, i've been inactive because i've been fucking an asian for a long time now, and she loved me so much that she did whatever i asked her to do!!!" isn't a brag at all. trash has been gotten rid of.
chads.co never ceases to amaze me