Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Being mediocre/average has become an insult (for men)

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
Not kidding anyone. But when you talk with people they say mediocre/average as insults in various settings (for example: physical/lookswise, academic/economic/professional, social). They always say that being average is not enough in every aspect of the clown world, be it at a job application, for romantic perspectives or in an academic situation when you apply for further education - the implications of these words are a really potent suicidefuel: When even being average gets you contempt/disdain, imagine what people think when you are below average - it's pathognomonic for the state of the world when being average is not enough and an average man gets nothing.

Furthermore, when you talk with boomers about that mentality they tell you "Just stop being average by improving yourself!" - they are such retarded beings, even if I was average to begin with, what do you think will happen when people improve themselves? The standards (in educational/professional as well as social/romantic settings) will also rise up because a new average is defined by that, again when a trait is common nobody has it in the modern world, because it doesn't make you stand out, look at muscles for example which became a prerequisite for dating (and not a guarantee of success) for otherwise average looking men, because they became common and therefore were taken for granted, today you stand out by not working out as a man, only a prettyboy twink chad can have success without having them.

It really shows you how much the neoliberal self-optimization mindest that ultimately defines self-improvement as a sisyphean task with no defined end goal has infiltrated the minds of people, nowadays if you want to relax after a hard day of studying/working and don't want to improove yourself more for a world that doesn't even thank you for it you are seen as the aberrant one, the lazy detritus of society, when you want something back for your efforts you are seen as entitled. Always think about these implications when so(y)ciety outwardly tells people that being average is a sin/not enough and that wanting something back for your efforts is something that should be frowned upon, it shows that it no longer cares about the desires of its average denizens (let alone the masses that are below average) therefore being open about breaking its social contract and no longer having a reason to exist to begin with. Everything is so incredibly sick the more you actually think about it.

Its very easy for an average guy to end up an incel in 2021.

i'm not even average

Water is wet, chad ONLY

Fortunately, you’re well above average in many aspects.
Height wise, yes. 6 4 puts me in the top 1% where i live. Still doesnt get me laid. Where i live, social status matters a lot. The fact that iam 33, have no friends or social circle and have low social status (due to debts, etc) makes it near impossible to get a foid.

Being average as a man is seen as worthy of shame yet you can't say anything about female landwhales

nowadays if you want to relax after a hard day of studying
Tbh I feel that most normies ( atleast here ) have never and will never study on the level that I study. ( Still im not the most intelligent person ). They have never studied hard and seen how hard it drains your brain when you have to study subjects like biology which have so much data. They think " Oh but it's just sitting in a chair infront of a book ", only if it were that easy.

5 hours is my limit tbh. After that my brain can't retain anymore information.

there's not much to improve for
in my ideal story the population would be in the tens of thousands
I would spend my entire life with an autistic foid and we would know each other from a young age
We would spend are entire lives exploring and learning about the world, and fuck like rabbits
I will never get to experience such an intense bond with another human in which both parties consider each other the most important thing to exist

Nothing a person does in this world matters unless someone else is willing to recognize them for it
of course with the population in the billions and all the other bullshit clogging our system up it makes it nearly impossible to live a life with intimate validation

there's not much to improve for
in my ideal story the population would be in the tens of thousands
I would spend my entire life with an autistic foid and we would know each other from a young age
We would spend are entire lives exploring and learning about the world, and fuck like rabbits
I will never get to experience such an intense bond with another human in which both parties consider each other the most important thing to exist

Nothing a person does in this world matters unless someone else is willing to recognize them for it
of course with the population in the billions and all the other bullshit clogging our system up it makes it nearly impossible to live a life with intimate validation
Brutal. You just described everything I ever longed for. Validation is always dependent on other people, also self-esteem is not something that comes out of someone in an intrinsic manner (at first), it always requires resonance from the surroundings (extrinsic validation) to develop, having self-esteem while not being able to do something is hubris, real self-esteem without external validation impossible, self-esteem always requires the external prove of your abilities when you apply them in the real world to develop (e.g. passing an exam, getting the girl you like, getting the job you always wanted).
A pilot has self-esteem because he flew the plane yesterday and knows that he will be able to fly it today and tomorrow, a doctor has self-esteem because he saved the patients yesterday and will be able to do so today and tomorrow, if you have only negative resonance/failures you will have no self-esteem, because there is no evidence of you being able to do the thing you want to do. Normies want you to have "self-esteem" without a prove of your abilities, but also criticize you for being overconfident (=for having self-esteem without a prove of your abilities). You can only be confident in yourself if you have the right external stimuli as feedback in early phases of development, self-esteem is NEVER independent from your environment. It's a cope to say something else. It's retarded to think that anyone is truly 100% independent from his surroundings/society (even if he rejects his society/is rejected by it).
Tbh I feel that most normies ( atleast here ) have never and will never study on the level that I study. ( Still im not the most intelligent person ). They have never studied hard and seen how hard it drains your brain when you have to study subjects like biology which have so much data. They think " Oh but it's just sitting in a chair infront of a book ", only if it were that easy.

5 hours is my limit tbh. After that my brain can't retain anymore information.
Same tbh. It's extremely draining, after five hours or more I am down.
Being average as a man is seen as worthy of shame yet you can't say anything about female landwhales
The lowest scum of the female gender is put on a pedestal, while an average man is nothing more than dirt in the eyes of so(y)ciety.
Its very easy for an average guy to end up an incel in 2021.
This tbh. Normies act smug, but they are one dismissal from a job away from experiencing the incel life, normie friendships are superficial, as soon as you have options others don't mean anything to you because then they become replaceable. That's why friendships/relationships have been made useless by the Internet, because a replacement always waits for above average men and all women, so you don't go through good/bad times together but rather drop your friends/boyfriends/girlfriends at the first sign of trouble therefore undermining the purpose of relationships with other human beings as a whole - all relationships (platonic/romantic) are nowadays fairweather friendships/relationships at best.
i'm not even average
Same.
Same and it's
O
V
E
R
Height wise, yes. 6 4 puts me in the top 1% where i live. Still doesnt get me laid. Where i live, social status matters a lot. The fact that iam 33, have no friends or social circle and have low social status (due to debts, etc) makes it near impossible to get a foid.
Where are you even supposed to meet women nowadays? If you talk to them in their jobs/in their studies they say it's sexual harassment (there are so many "horror stories" from the female perspective where she says how hard it was to remain polite when an ugly coworker talked to them in a professional setting). Parties are for hook-ups only and nobody goes to public parties anyways. Most parties are house parties anyways and they require a pre-existing social circle to be allowed to enter - and friend circles develop in the first semesters of university, the first few months of vocational training and in school, they are exclusivistic circles afterwards where no new members can enter. So when you have no huge social circle and don't want to lose your job there are only Dating Apps available - and there the beauty standards are even worse for men than offline.

Last edited:
Some years ago this girl.told me I looked normal.
Of course she friendzoned me

Not kidding anyone. But when you talk with people they say mediocre/average as insults in various settings (for example: physical/lookswise, academic/economic/professional, social). They always say that being average is not enough in every aspect of the clown world, be it at a job application, for romantic perspectives or in an academic situation when you apply for further education - the implications of these words are a really potent suicidefuel: When even being average gets you contempt/disdain, imagine what people think when you are below average - it's pathognomonic for the state of the world when being average is not enough and an average man gets nothing.

Furthermore, when you talk with boomers about that mentality they tell you "Just stop being average by improving yourself!" - they are such retarded beings, even if I was average to begin with, what do you think will happen when people improve themselves? The standards (in educational/professional as well as social/romantic settings) will also rise up because a new average is defined by that, again when a trait is common nobody has it in the modern world, because it doesn't make you stand out, look at muscles for example which became a prerequisite for dating (and not a guarantee of success) for otherwise average looking men, because they became common and therefore were taken for granted, today you stand out by not working out as a man, only a prettyboy twink chad can have success without having them.

It really shows you how much the neoliberal self-optimization mindest that ultimately defines self-improvement as a sisyphean task with no defined end goal has infiltrated the minds of people, nowadays if you want to relax after a hard day of studying/working and don't want to improove yourself more for a world that doesn't even thank you for it you are seen as the aberrant one, the lazy detritus of society, when you want something back for your efforts you are seen as entitled. Always think about these implications when so(y)ciety outwardly tells people that being average is a sin/not enough and that wanting something back for your efforts is something that should be frowned upon, it shows that it no longer cares about the desires of its average denizens (let alone the masses that are below average) therefore being open about breaking its social contract and no longer having a reason to exist to begin with. Everything is so incredibly sick the more you actually think about it.
They are very insecure about their materialistic rat race so they try to project it on you by saying that average equals garbage

This tbh. Normies act smug, but they are one dismissal from a job away from experiencing the incel life, normie friendships are superficial, as soon as you have options others don't mean anything to you because then they become replaceable. That's why friendships/relationships have been made useless by the Internet, because a replacement always waits for above average men and all women, so you don't go through good/bad times together but rather drop your friends/boyfriends/girlfriends at the first sign of trouble therefore undermining the purpose of relationships with other human beings as a whole - all relationships (platonic/romantic) are nowadays fairweather friendships/relationships at best.
l circle and don't want to lose your job there are only Dating Apps available - and there the beauty standards are even worse for men than offline.
Exactly. If you dont get matches on dating apps and haven't built a social circle by the time youre 30, youre pretty much guaranteed to stay an incel. Things would only get worse for you.

The popularity of dating apps has only increase post pandemic.

This seems to be a product of rampant individualism and cultural notions like those displayed in this video.