Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment best of the jokers thread

• Thread starter stelliotrodger99
  • Start date

who was the better joker?

• Total voters
stelliotrodger99

stelliotrodger99

Banned
-
so I decided to make this thread because of the popularity of the new joker movie.

I saw the trailer, the actor did an alright job.

but heath ledgers performance was actually better than all the actors that done it.

to anyone who forgot about heath ledgers joker here it is

I'll let you all research the other actors that played the other jokers

I still prefer Heather Ledger´s performance.

Ledger's wasn't very relatable.

I voted for phoenix since ledger mogs me harder.

didnt watch it yet :feelstrash:

Ledger's wasn't very relatable.

Ledger was an ahistorical, apolitical comic book villain who was evil because he was evil. He was a cartoonish version of evil that had no reason to be evil other than him just being evil. This is why he was normie-friendly. Normies like villains when they are "ahistorically" evil, when they are simply batshit crazy. The only thing that is necessary then is a good guy with a guy to stop them.

But Phoenix' Joker is more realistic, which is why normies hate him. They hate to see how a society that THEY support creates such evil. Let us not forget that normies support the very society that creates such evil.

This is really the dividing line between capeshit and drama. Capeshit evil is harmless because it doesn't have any real reason to be evil. They are just crazy or they had a feud with another villain or another superhero or whatnot. But the more realistic you depict someone becoming evil, the less normie-friendly it gets.

Also, I don't think that playing a crazy weirdo villain - a one-dimensional character, a caricature, really - is that hard. Any good actor could have done a good job with Nolan's Joker. But playing a realistic Joker, like Phoenix surely must be much more challenging.

Ledger was an ahistorical, apolitical comic book villain who was evil because he was evil. He was a cartoonish version of evil that had no reason to be evil other than him just being evil. This is why he was normie-friendly. Normies like villains when they are "ahistorically" evil, when they are simply batshit crazy. The only thing that is necessary then is a good guy with a guy to stop them.

But Phoenix' Joker is more realistic, which is why normies hate him. They hate to see how a society that THEY support creates such evil. Let us not forget that normies support the very society that creates such evil.

This is really the dividing line between capeshit and drama. Capeshit evil is harmless because it doesn't have any real reason to be evil. They are just crazy or they had a feud with another villain or another superhero or whatnot. But the more realistic you depict someone becoming evil, the less normie-friendly it gets.

if incels weren't popularized by media. it would be just an ordinary joker.

Also, I don't think that playing a crazy weirdo villain - a one-dimensional character, a caricature, really - is that hard. Any good actor could have done a good job with Nolan's Joker. But playing a realistic Joker, like Phoenix surely must be much more challenging.
I voted for Phoenix for the same reasons as you, but even if they didn't show Ledger's past that doesn't mean it was a path filled with roses... If you check some of his quotes there's resentment towards society "To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other."
Maybe it's just me but I create a past imagine from a mix of the words uttered by characters their actions, mannerisms and objectives and to me Ledger's hated society because he was treated like trash and might got that nervous tick with his tongue which might be the result of several traumas(I'm assuming a lot here since I have had one of stick and biting my tongue unconsciously a lot so I'm guessing it's similar)

Both are great, but Jaquan Phoenix seems more realistic/chaotic.

I love your signature btw.

Ledger did an insane job with less camera time, so he wins. But Joaquin's joker was also genius and he should win an oscar

this movie is prob overrated tho