Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Cain and Abel: The True Story

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-

Not really a Christian but I have read the bible and some stories are pretty neat.

I was revisiting the part on Cain and Abel. In case you don't know I'll put a short version

Adam and Eve had 2 sons. Cain and Abel.

Cain was a farmer who toiled the land while Abel was a sheep herder.

Both gave offerings to God. However God only accepted Abel's offerings and rejected Cain's one.

Naturally Cain became very angry and was jealous as hell. So one day he told Abel to come to the fields with him. Once they were both in the fields, Cain attacked and murdered Abel. This was known as "The First Murder" of humanity.

God obviously found out and was pissed as hell. So Cain was punished and became a restless wanderer until he died.

So obviously the story was about pure jealously. I too would be fucking pissed if I was Cain since I worked my ass off only for the big boss to spit on my efforts. However apparantly there's a not so well known part to Cain's REAL motivation for killing Abel.

Here it is

Ancient exegetes, such as the Midrash and the Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan, tell that the motive involved a desire for the most beautiful woman. According to Midrashic tradition, Cain and Abel each had twin sisters; each was to marry the other's. The Midrash states that Abel's promised wife, Aclima, was more beautiful than Awan. Since Cain would not consent to this arrangement, Adam suggested seeking God's blessing by means of a sacrifice. Whoever God blessed would marry Aclima. When God openly rejected Cain's sacrifice, Cain slew his brother in a fit of jealousy and anger.[54][55] Rabbinical exegetes have discussed whether Cain's incestuous relationship with his sister was in violation of halakha.[56]

So basically not only did Eve cause us to be expelled from the Garden of Eden, but her Daughters were basically the causes of the first conflict (and murder) between men. Wow who knew huh? And throughout history it has been constantly repeating yet we never learnt our damn lesson lol

Not surprising. We gave up a left rib for this shit?

Newton IQ post

Ancient exegetes, such as the Midrash and the Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan, tell that the motive involved a desire for the most beautiful woman. According to Midrashic tradition, Cain and Abel each had twin sisters; each was to marry the other's. The Midrash states that Abel's promised wife, Aclima, was more beautiful than Awan. Since Cain would not consent to this arrangement, Adam suggested seeking God's blessing by means of a sacrifice. Whoever God blessed would marry Aclima. When God openly rejected Cain's sacrifice, Cain slew his brother in a fit of jealousy and anger.[54][55] Rabbinical exegetes have discussed whether Cain's incestuous relationship with his sister was in violation of halakha.[56]

So basically not only did Eve cause us to be expelled from the Garden of Eden, but her Daughters were basically the causes of the first conflict (and murder) between men. Wow who knew huh? And throughout history it has been constantly repeating yet we never learnt our damn lesson lol

And we also should not forget the first wife of Adam, which is Lilith. Lilith also betrayed Adam.

Old testament in particular is pretty fascinating. Obviously you shouldn't take it completely literally, because then you start having to reject science which is a bit low IQ.

But stuff like Adam and Eve...they aren't going to be literal persons in the sense that god conjured them up from nothing. But at some point we evolved from apes to what we would first begin to classify as h. sapiens, so Adam and Eve probably represent the line we would draw on the chart where humanity began.

The stuff about eating from the tree of knowledge, leaving paradise etc represents us leaving behind our simpler primitive hunter gatherer existence, and instead becoming more advanced (e.g. the use of fire and tools). We "left" the garden of our simpler more primitive existence as our brain capacity grew and we began to recognize and question the nature of the environment around us.

Stories like Cain and Abel are probably basic messages encoded in story format to be passed down the generations, such as "beware the nature of women" - because its a biological fact women have no in group loyalty. Cain and Abel is probably a tribal story based around the conflict that always arises between men, over women.

Old testament in particular is pretty fascinating. Obviously you shouldn't take it completely literally, because then you start having to reject science which is a bit low IQ.

But stuff like Adam and Eve...they aren't going to be literal persons in the sense that god conjured them up from nothing. But at some point we evolved from apes to what we would first begin to classify as h. sapiens, so Adam and Eve probably represent the line we would draw on the chart where humanity began.

The stuff about eating from the tree of knowledge, leaving paradise etc represents us leaving behind our simpler primitive hunter gatherer existence, and instead becoming more advanced (e.g. the use of fire and tools). We "left" the garden of our simpler more primitive existence as our brain capacity grew and we began to recognize and question the nature of the environment around us.

Stories like Cain and Abel are probably basic messages encoded in story format to be passed down the generations, such as "beware the nature of women" - because its a biological fact women have no in group loyalty. Cain and Abel is probably a tribal story based around the conflict that always arises between men, over women.
hopefully you will realize that a great part of the sciences(98%) is theories that they themselves accept to be nothing more then theories with one or two truths(their opinions not mine).if you are going to reject the holy scripture on the basis of *science* then i have bad news...

hopefully you will realize that a great part of the sciences(98%) is theories that they themselves accept to be nothing more then theories with one or two truths(their opinions not mine).if you are going to reject the holy scripture on the basis of *science* then i have bad news...

Well thats up for debate, and tbh I don't you can get too literal in interpreting something God has done because its not something man is able to properly comprehend. E.g. we say god created the universe and the earth in 7 days. Its pretty absurd to think God literally did it in 7 24 hour days, because it doesn't make any sense. Did god wake up at 6am, have a coffee, drive to work, clock in at 9am and work for 8 hours? Day is just a term we can wrap our heads around to try and understand better. If you replaced day with "epoch" or some other term meaning very long span of time, then it begins to make more sense. An epoch of a billion years (example) might be a long time to us, but it would be nothing to God.

So now you can take the creation week from a very literal interpretation that science simply disagrees with, and realize it actually doesn't conflict if you stop thinking in narrow human terms. E.g. Day 1 of the creation myth would be akin to the big bang. God creating the stars in a subsequent day represents however many billions of years it took for interstellar dust to gather together, begin fusion, supernova, spread heavier elements throughout the universe, repeat.

Plenty of the most influential scientists in history who discovered things about the nature of the universe had no issue with god or religion, but likewise they didn't just throwaway what they discovered. Newton, Huygens etc were all infact very spiritual religious people.

Another level of interpretation, perhaps somewhat less deep, is that nomadic or semi-nomadic pastoral tribes (hunting included) were dominant in relation to farmers historically. Conquering tribes were pastoral (animal husbandry) while the conquered peasants were farmers. An anecdote from my local environs of the savage Balkans: descendants of pastoral tribes from the Dinaric mountains are overrepresented in politics; in Croatia Herzegovians, in Serbia Montenegrins.

Brutal biblepill. Even in the holy books it's very clearly stated women are evil by nature.

her Daughters were basically the causes of the first conflict (and murder) between men
I'm not sure if you are trying to blame Eve and her daughters or just pointing out that they are being fought over. I would think the cause of the first conflict is Cain because he chose to kill Abel after being rejected, and I would lay all the blame for this at Cain's feet.

If i am not mistaken,it was once upon a time common as a jew to blame eve as the cause of mans fall.