Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Can anyone else not listen to music cause it activates ... "schizo" thought patterns or feelings or something?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Idk, maybe it's from the 2 years when I was getting blackout drunk and listening to music in my room every day. Also there were a few months where I had access to weed and magic truffles, when I'd also listen to music.

But listening to music nowadays, it just puts me into that mindset. Sort of a delusion of grandeur but not really. It makes this world feel so weird and yet mundane, I get a strong urge to be ... idk, can't properly explain it. It makes this mundane world feel like torture, and instead I want to be in that headspace of being wasted and contemplating "existential" or "spiritual" kinds of thoughts, where I feel like I'm the center of the universe, sort of a Truman show type situation but on a cosmic/existential/spiritual scale. Uhh I guess I described solipsism but that's not really it, that's just a tiny part of it. Anyway, this mundane reality feels like torture cause in that headspace I just want to explore and feel such different things. Idk, I'm not properly explaining it, not even close, cause it's more of a feeling and a stream of consciousness than actual thoughts.

I'll never drink again while my parents are alive, I've hurt them too much when I was getting drunk. And I'll never have access to weed again, not while living in this country with its shit laws and super low wages. So that's why I can't listen to music anymore, music makes me remember that headspace, those feelings, and it's an itch I can't scratch while sober.

Last edited:
When I listen to music while dirving I always delve into my pathetic fantasies and sometimes even match the lyrics with what's happening in my fantasies.

When I listen to music while dirving I always delve into my pathetic fantasies and sometimes even match the lyrics with what's happening in my fantasies.
Yeah, exactly. Weird fantasies that make this boring reality feel torturous. But it's not just the thoughts, it's the feelings too, makes you want to get drunk out of your mind and escape the boring mundane. God damn this reality does feel like a sort of boring torture.

listening to music sometimes deludes me into thinking that i still have a shot at life and its not over.

listening to music sometimes deludes me into thinking that i still have a shot at life and its not over.
That too, it puts you into a weird headspace that is entirely delusional and you know it's delusional, but it feels so good, like you are the center of the universe and deserve so much more. But it's all the more painful when contrasted with reality.

That too, it puts you into a weird headspace that is entirely delusional and you know it's delusional, but it feels so good, like you are the center of the universe and deserve so much more. But it's all the more painful when contrasted with reality.
life without any music would beso fucking bland i think

life without any music would beso fucking bland i think
Well, I can't listen to it. Really makes me want to get drunk out of my mind and I can't do that, never again. And weed is illegal and hard to get and prohibitively expensive so I have to stay off music.

Overwhelming majority of music is about sex and love, better to avoid it unless you want to feel bad about yourself.

Overwhelming majority of music is about sex and love, better to avoid it unless you want to feel bad about yourself.
Just don't visit youtube "trending" section :feelspuke::giga:

music is one of my comfiest copes

Idk, maybe it's from the 2 years when I was getting blackout drunk and listening to music in my room every day. Also there were a few months where I had access to weed and magic truffles, when I'd also listen to music.
Normies are always listening to music ngl. Strong NT trait to not be affected by music in the background.
But listening to music nowadays, it just puts me into that mindset. Sort of a delusion of grandeur but not really. It makes this world feel so weird and yet mundane, I get a strong urge to be ... idk, can't properly explain it. It makes this mundane world feel like torture, and instead I want to be in that headspace of being wasted and contemplating "existential" or "spiritual" kinds of thoughts, where I feel like I'm the center of the universe, sort of a Truman show type situation but on a cosmic/existential/spiritual scale. Uhh I guess I described solipsism but that's not really it, that's just a tiny part of it. Anyway, this mundane reality feels like torture cause in that headspace I just want to explore and feel such different things. Idk, I'm not properly explaining it, not even close, cause it's more of a feeling and a stream of consciousness than actual thoughts.
Silence is underrated and hard to come by with speakers and music blasting from cars, rooms and just outside in general everywhere now tbh it sucks.
I'll never drink again while my parents are alive, I've hurt them too much when I was getting drunk. And I'll never have access to weed again, not while living in this country with its shit laws and super low wages. So that's why I can't listen to music anymore, music makes me remember that headspace, those feelings, and it's an itch I can't scratch while sober.
You overdid alcohol and drug copes and it messed up your teeth right? I'm sorry brocel. Wish all copes weren't so detrimental.

Normies are always listening to music ngl. Strong NT trait to not be affected by music in the background.

Silence is underrated and hard to come by with speakers and music blasting from cars, rooms and just outside in general everywhere now tbh it sucks.

You overdid alcohol and drug copes and it messed up your teeth right? I'm sorry brocel. Wish all copes weren't so detrimental.
Yeah my teeth are beyond fucked. Other than the 2 front teeth that I chipped in half while I was blackout drunk and I was either tackled or fell over, many of my other teeth are fucked too, lost 2 molars and a bunch of others have too many fillings, got root canals for like 6 teeth or something, though that number may be wrong cause my memory is shoddy.

I have trouble finding anything good nowdays anything, as everything is literally being replaced by this new generation crap or whatever this mumbling shit is

Yeah my teeth are beyond fucked. Other than the 2 front teeth that I chipped in half while I was blackout drunk and I was either tackled or fell over, many of my other teeth are fucked too, lost 2 molars and a bunch of others have too many fillings, got root canals for like 6 teeth or something, though that number may be wrong cause my memory is shoddy.
Teeth can rot pretty fast ngl like you can go from perfect teeth to cavities in under a week if you don't keep up with brushing and flossing regularly imo.

Have you unironicaly thought about joining the military to give your life some meaning?

Teeth can rot pretty fast ngl like you can go from perfect teeth to cavities in under a week if you don't keep up with brushing and flossing regularly imo.
Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't experienced it, but you're right. The human body is a piece of shit.

Thought I was the only one who did this. music takes me to a place far, far away

Try atmospheric music without words. It doesn't have some bullshit story about a life you will never get to experience, you can just experience the rhythm.

Try atmospheric music without words. It doesn't have some bullshit story about a life you will never get to experience, you can just experience the rhythm.
Lol, it's actually that kind of music that does that to me. I don't listen to words anyway.

Especially a song like this is so trippy to me, really makes me think about birth, a time before my birth, beyond my death, it puts me into a weird headspace, imagining a sort of existence beyond what I've experienced but yet somehow still familiar, warm and weird.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxoqm05c7yA