Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Can you improve your memory?

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
It bothers me how my mental capacities are mediocre. I'm ugly and unsuccessful socially (because of my ugliness), I should at least have a good brain but in that regard I'm not better than a normie -- if I'm better at something, it's only because I've put more time in it. I'd think your memory can just improve as you keep using it (like muscles) but I've been trying to learn foreign languages for years and I can never go beyond 5-10 vocabulary items per day which is very mediocre considering I have a lot of time in my hands.

I've looked into memory techniques but they're either not applicable (like the memory palace method) or just obvious (like using similar words and creating visualizations etc. ). Most of these memory forums and books boast about helping you in useless activities like remembering shopping lists or a deck of cards etc. They're usually just fun tricks, not really memory aid.

This guy is a memory champion but he says that this wasn't that useful in language learning for him (obviously also because languages aren't just a list of words to memorize but great memory should be a giant help).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKquzfphhv4

I'm not looking for easy answers and quick solutions: I'm ok with doing some regimen that'd improve my memory over time but there seems to be no such technique. Memory techniques are mostly glorified parlor tricks and the generic advice like
>have you tried nootropics :soy:
>just get better sleep :soy:
>eat healthier :soy:
>spend more time on fresh air :soy:
either doesn't work at all or does barely any difference.

I guess the elephant in the room is me being depressed and spending at least 10 hours a day mindlessly browsing forums, imageboards and social media for quick surges of dopamine. I've been trying to fight that but there's genuinely not that much that you can do on your own that doesn't require money and is interesting for me. I'm doing "sports" by having morning walks and I've been reading quite a lot recently but it's 2-4 hours a day, I still have 12-14 hours of being awake left. It's absurd to demand me to spend 10 hours reading or 5 hours strolling around the park. Unfortunately just doing my Anki reps, Duolingo, uni stuff and reading takes away all my focus for the day and yet doesn't take that much time away. Trying to force myself to do more "productive" stuff just burns me out and I end up scanning words on pages instead of actually reading or other bullshit. If I were a normie, I'd have quality social interactions to occupy my brain and keep it healthy but alas I'm too ugly for that… maybe I should go autistic with cooking and do everything from scratch (how healthy!).

I've been playing around with Dual N Back recently which claims to improve your short term memory but I'm not putting that much faith into it.

Probably with practice, but not much

Probably with practice, but not much
With lots of practice it should be possible to improve your memory as a kid. Brain plasticity is very high in babies and kids, your brain adapts rapidly to the situational demands at those times. An adult however has very little room for adaptation left, I think these exercises are just a time-waster as an adult. Anyway it's over for memorycels.

My memory sucks too hard too :cryfeels:

I don't remember

I acquired a good memory when I was a little kid. I attended theater classes where I had to learn many sentences, which I did not understand at the time.
Actually, sometimes it was a bit like learning a string of numbers. I think you should try to remember some things that cannot be explained logically. For example, I was learning Pi.

Mnemonics helps a lot but in the end it's up to your genes.

practice, practice, and more practice.
I acquired a good memory when I was a little kid. I attended theater classes where I had to learn many sentences, which I did not understand at the time.
Actually, sometimes it was a bit like learning a string of numbers. I think you should try to remember some things that cannot be explained logically. For example, I was learning Pi.
hahahahaha fucking fools

It bothers me how my mental capacities are mediocre. I'm ugly and unsuccessful socially (because of my ugliness), I should at least have a good brain but in that regard I'm not better than a normie -- if I'm better at something, it's only because I've put more time in it. I'd think your memory can just improve as you keep using it (like muscles) but I've been trying to learn foreign languages for years and I can never go beyond 5-10 vocabulary items per day which is very mediocre considering I have a lot of time in my hands.

I've looked into memory techniques but they're either not applicable (like the memory palace method) or just obvious (like using similar words and creating visualizations etc. ). Most of these memory forums and books boast about helping you in useless activities like remembering shopping lists or a deck of cards etc. They're usually just fun tricks, not really memory aid.

This guy is a memory champion but he says that this wasn't that useful in language learning for him (obviously also because languages aren't just a list of words to memorize but great memory should be a giant help).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKquzfphhv4

I'm not looking for easy answers and quick solutions: I'm ok with doing some regimen that'd improve my memory over time but there seems to be no such technique. Memory techniques are mostly glorified parlor tricks and the generic advice like
>have you tried nootropics :soy:
>just get better sleep :soy:
>eat healthier :soy:
>spend more time on fresh air :soy:
either doesn't work at all or does barely any difference.

I guess the elephant in the room is me being depressed and spending at least 10 hours a day mindlessly browsing forums, imageboards and social media for quick surges of dopamine. I've been trying to fight that but there's genuinely not that much that you can do on your own that doesn't require money and is interesting for me. I'm doing "sports" by having morning walks and I've been reading quite a lot recently but it's 2-4 hours a day, I still have 12-14 hours of being awake left. It's absurd to demand me to spend 10 hours reading or 5 hours strolling around the park. Unfortunately just doing my Anki reps, Duolingo, uni stuff and reading takes away all my focus for the day and yet doesn't take that much time away. Trying to force myself to do more "productive" stuff just burns me out and I end up scanning words on pages instead of actually reading or other bullshit. If I were a normie, I'd have quality social interactions to occupy my brain and keep it healthy but alas I'm too ugly for that… maybe I should go autistic with cooking and do everything from scratch (how healthy!).

I've been playing around with Dual N Back recently which claims to improve your short term memory but I'm not putting that much faith into it.

Try adderall, or armodafinil. Use armodafinil and study whatever u wanna study and u will get through it witty relative ease.

you can't, the only thing you can do is to not try anything that can damage your brain.

common points of nutrient deficiency.
B vitamins, zinc, magnesium, iodine, dha+epa.

https://essentialorganicingredients...even-sea-veggies-blend?variant=22065437573238
5-8g

12-16g

Amazon product ASIN B073RTGW6DView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RTGW6D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_257R7ZAD7G7C2VDKPQVX

20-25g

Brain exercise such as doing math and puzzles.

Amazon product ASIN 0812921178View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0812921178/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_2FZ0G8CN69VZ5E8S6F46

Amazon product ASIN 0486270785View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0486270785/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_VA74BK5BV8KGH2W8XYQX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also, fixing the bio electrical circuitry, by doing things like bare feet in the forest, bare feet at the beach with sun shining at you..grounding your bed, building faraday cage to sleep in etc.

--

Nootropics will elevate you into a higher level of existence if you bother to understand chemistry and have both the cash + the patience to measure and mix them.

---

Not using shit toxic cookware, plastic food containers, plastic water bottles.

Amazon product ASIN B0153NZS5AView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0153NZS5A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_EX7T9T7V4VR55J6SVT1Y

---

Managing RF exposure at home.

----

It's food, environment and lifestyle. The better these things are the healthier and the less cognitively challenged you will be.

Ginkgo biloba tea or pillz!