Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Can you still enjoy things? I can't do anything anymore without looking for the summary/reducing it down to the basics/skipping to the point.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Books, movies, games. For years I've been plagued by this now.

I can't watch a movie cause I think "what's the point", and I just google the summary. Same with most books (which is weird cause I used to read thousands of chapters long web novels all the time. Although I did skim a lot, but they're full of filler and repetitiveness to increase the word count).

With games, as soon as I figure out the general gameplay, in the trash it goes. Hell, even if I haven't figured it out, as long as I have an idea of where it's going, I might not bother.

What the fuck am I even doing all day long? For years I've spent 16 hours a day laying in bed with my laptop, what am I even doing all these hours? Have I really spent more than 10 years browsing the same shitty sites, consuming content that I forget 5 minutes later, and rewatching the same sitcoms for the 50th time?

Last edited:
I don't enjoy anything
I milked to death everything I consider interesting and I don't derive pleasure from it anymore
life is like a terribly unbalanced game where you barely get any reward for a lot of work

I don't enjoy anything
I milked to death everything I consider interesting and I don't derive pleasure from it anymore
life is like a terribly unbalanced game where you barely get any reward for a lot of work
It's cruel cause LDARing is the only thing I find comfortable in life, the only thing that I've done since I was a kid and the only thing that doesn't give me anxiety. And yet I don't find it enjoyable at all etiher anymore. So life can either be dull and comfortable while LDARing, or a terrible hell full of anxiety when not. And I curse the day, which is becoming sooner and sooner, when I'll have to get a job again and my days of rotting will be over. I'll think of them as the golden days, the best days of my life.

I can enjoy things

Anime and manga
I must've watched over 500 anime in my life, read a lot of manga/manhwa too. But eventually I couldn't stand them anymore, they just seem cringy. And even when once in a while there's one that's not full of tropes and other annoying stuff, it's still hard to enjoy.

I must've watched over 500 anime in my life, read a lot of manga/manhwa too. But eventually I couldn't stand them anymore, they just seem cringy. And even when once in a while there's one that's not full of tropes and other annoying stuff, it's still hard to enjoy.
That would probably be me in the future tbh

didnt read thread tldr?

:p

Yea a bit, but i usually have to dig very hard to find the thing i enjoy. I suspect il be giving up even the few things i enjoy in a couple of years though.
didnt read thread tldr?

:p
Enjoy thing
Yes
No

I enjoy ready books and gymcelling

I read a lot of math. So if you're interested than I'd recommend: Visual Complex Analysis by Tristian Needham
Do you work in this field pr programming? Cause otherwise I can hardly its usefulness, even if that makes me sound like a philistine.

Do you work in this field pr programming? Cause otherwise I can hardly its usefulness, even if that makes me sound like a philistine.
It's useful in Quantum Mechanics and other cutting edge physics. Yeah it's not really useful in your day to day life , maybe try Game Theory? Discrete Mathematics? Linear Algebra? Graph Theory? Topology? These are much more **useful* might help you in your ML courses.
I'm a boring person, if you're looking for some interesting books than I'm sorry I don't have any recommendations although I read Discourses of Epictetus in my UG days and it was dry boring meh book. Would not recommend.
Maybe check out the Pinned Book Thread. You might find something interesting there

It's useful in Quantum Mechanics and other cutting edge physics. Yeah it's not really useful in your day to day life , maybe try Game Theory? Discrete Mathematics? Linear Algebra? Graph Theory? Topology? These are much more **useful* might help you in your ML courses.
I'm a boring person, if you're looking for some interesting books than I'm sorry I don't have any recommendations although I read Discourses of Epictetus in my UG days and it was dry boring meh book. Would not recommend.
Maybe check out the Pinned Book Thread. You might find something interesting there
Hey man, do you know any good books on category theory?

Hey man, do you know any good books on category theory?
Yes, I do.
If you are an absolute beginner than read:

Conceptual Mathematics: A First Introduction to Categories and Category Theory for Scientists

If you have basic understandings of Groups/Rings/Topological Spaces than read

Category Theory by Steve Awodey and Abstract Algebra by Dummit and Foote

If you know lots of Algebra/Geometry than read

Saunders McLane

There are also two youtube channels by the name : Bartosz Milewski and TheCatsters

Yes, I do.
If you are an absolute beginner than read:

Conceptual Mathematics: A First Introduction to Categories and Category Theory for Scientists

If you have basic understandings of Groups/Rings/Topological Spaces than read

Category Theory by Steve Awodey and Abstract Algebra by Dummit and Foote

If you know lots of Algebra/Geometry than read

Saunders McLane

There are also two youtube channels by the name : Bartosz Milewski and TheCatsters
Thank you! :feelsokman:

I dont enjoy anime as much because I cant relate to the main characters :cryfeels:

I dont enjoy anime as much because I cant relate to the main characters :cryfeels:
Brutal. I stopped reading incel anime. I only read stories of gigachad characters and have mentally warped myself as gigachad stuck in shitkin midget body

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back