Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cant do pull ups all of a sudden GTFIH workoutcels

Villain

Villain

Banned
-
last week i decided to start working out again and I did 3 reps of pull up but now i cant even do one pull up properly. is it because im heavier or my muscle needs rest?

Last edited:
Check your form. It has a massive impact on your number of reps. Keeping a tight lower body and core (good form) will help you do more reps, but so will doing partial reps (bad form). A difference in form will translate to a difference in your number of performed reps.

Check your sleep, hunger, and hydration. Getting less than seven hours of sleep the previous night, working out hungry or fasted, and working out dehydrated will all negatively impact your performance on any exercise.

Since you could only do three last time, and none this time, it's clear that a bodyweight pullup is very close to your one rep max on the exercise, so everything counts. Try doing assisted pullups with resistance bands.

Check your form. It has a massive impact on your number of reps. Keeping a tight lower body and core (good form) will help you do more reps, but so will doing partial reps (bad form). A difference in form will translate to a difference in your number of performed reps.

Check your sleep, hunger, and hydration. Getting less than seven hours of sleep the previous night, working out hungry or fasted, and working out dehydrated will all negatively impact your performance on any exercise.

Since you could only do three last time, and none this time, it's clear that a bodyweight pullup is very close to your one rep max on the exercise, so everything counts. Try doing assisted pullups with resistance bands.
sorry i phrased it wrong . last week i can do 3 reps but now i can't even do one pull ups

sorry i phrased it wrong . last week i can do 3 reps but now i can't even do one pull ups
I understood what you meant. There's no way you got significantly stronger or weaker in a single week. It's not your subhuman genetics or whatever. It's your form, or your sleep, or your nutrition, or some combination of the three.

over for pullupcels

I understood what you meant. There's no way you got significantly stronger or weaker in a single week. It's not your subhuman genetics or whatever. It's your form, or your sleep, or your nutrition, or some combination of the three.
I see i guess its my form. my muscle still quite hurts from my past work out maybe theres a problem in muscle too

I see i guess its my form. my muscle still quite hurts from my past work out maybe theres a problem in muscle too
It's either under-recovery (undereating and poor sleep are your primary culprits here) or delayed onset muscle soreness (happens when you do exercises you're not used to). As long as you eat somewhere around your maintenance calories, preferably slightly over unless you're fat, it should go away and your ability to do pull ups should increase.

Your body realized theyre pointless for ascension

Try showering more

This.

make sure to stretch

I cant pull up myself bec. im weak.

Of course you can't do it if your muscles are still sore. Give a bit more rest.

Sometimes this happens you're stronger 1 day weaker the next what you have to worry about is long term progression
You probably went all out last week, this time go slower if you miss a rep do a negative or assisted pullup you should try doing around 8-12 reps per set(as many real pullups as you can and the rest assisted) and increase the number of real pullups over time