Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Can't walk normally in public - incel trait?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11159
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11159

Self-banned
-
I don't know what pace to walk at, I either walk too fast or too slow. Everyone is walking in different directions so I always bump into people. I don't know how to walk past someone because there are people coming from everywhere and I feel like i'll walk into them. I start getting really paranoid and self-conscious about the way I walk which makes it even worse.

If there was a recording of me walking through a busy street, it would be the most retarded thing ever. It would look like an alien who came to earth and is trying to fit in with human beings. If I don't have autism then I am the most autistic non-autist to ever exist.

I had this thing years ago where I didn't know what to do with my HANDS when walking. Nothing felt comfortable, not even putting them in my pockets. This still happens sometimes but it's gotten generally better. I'm still self conscious about the way I walk, though. #JustAutismThings

One thing that really helped me is to walk slower. I feel more relaxed and i can have a good posture, i still need to work on my arms though. Remember that chads walk slowly. Incels are often stressed. If you want to believe the virgin vs Chad meme.

I had this thing years ago where I didn't know what to do with my HANDS when walking. Nothing felt comfortable, not even putting them in my pockets. This still happens sometimes but it's gotten generally better. I'm still self conscious about the way I walk, though. #JustAutismThings
Same thing. + I speed walk and grind my teeth.

JFL when your own brain fucks you this hard. I've had this issue too, but the older I get the less fucks I have to give

Walking weird is definitely something autistic people do. But there also a whole range of neurological reasons why some people have an abnormal gait. A perfect gait requires symmetrical bones and body proportions, good proprioception, tactility etc.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F001%2F265%2F076%2F394.jpg&f=1

you're not alone. I can't stay or walk fully upright. my fucking head goes forward and I walk quickly, thats an iincel trait cause the other ppl walks normal speed.

I walk fast because I want to get indoors as fast as possible to LDAR

One thing that really helped me is to walk slower. I feel more relaxed and i can have a good posture, i still need to work on my arms though. Remember that chads walk slowly. Incels are often stressed. If you want to believe the virgin vs Chad meme.

yes bro ive always tripped on walking up stairs and embarrssed myself and find myself walking fast and not knowing where to look when passing ppl

When I walk in public it feels like I am on stilts and trying to walk again. Maybe its due to nerves.

Yes bro, I tend to think too much about how I place my feet on the ground, how to optimally bend the joints or how to keep my head in a relatively stable position

I know what you're going through. I am generally stressed and awkward when walking in public. Imagine being totally relaxed and without any anxiety while walking around out in public. It would be a different world

Sounds like you're a sperg. I got it as well.

I walk at fighter jet speed, mainly bc I fucking hate being around people, they make me uncomfortable.

I'm always happy to return to my bedroom where I can LDAR.

I've had it point out that I walk abnormally. Virgin walk is real.

@OverBeforeItBegan
Lol I can relate to this thread so much, I always felt like I was another mister bean, which made my paranoia go through the roof, and it hasn't really gone away, but its more like its focus is directed towards other aspects of my life rather than trivial quirky things that bugged me, like you are talking about here

@Maxilla
I was even self conscious about what I was doing with my hands when walking, so I became a "pocket walker" type (hands always in pockets). Your post I could relate to closely, after some years that stopped though

The solution to the whole pace thing is to just make fast your pace lol (well that's what I did), i walk faster than everybody, and people are always asking why I'm moving so fast, after a while they get used to it and stop asking lol. Don't try to match everyone's pace, create your own, because you could never match their pace, if you are like me, your mind is always actively racing and thinking about various things, we can't operate on a normie pace because our minds are often elsewhere, they tend to live in the moment, not much foresight or planning goes into anything they do

There are perks to a faster pace like; less interactions with people since you pass them by more quickly and you look busy so they are less likely to interrupt you for conversation, you get work done faster, you always look busy so your bosses think of you as an active and hard worker, etc

My co-workers think that I'm confident by the way I act (which always makes me laugh when they say it), but its more like my mindset emulates confidence, the best way to emulate confidence is to stop giving a fuck, and the best way to do that is to stop caring about anyone or anything outside of your personal plans for your life, everything else is secondary

Also stop coping, the reason why you guys feel so self conscious is because somewhere deep down you are still latching onto the cope that you have a chance, so you are thinking about how you appear because you don't want to "look weird" and "ruin your chances". I admitted to myself years ago that I have no chance, and even if I did I'm not bothering anymore, out goes the "trying to look good" mindset

I'm open about how cheap I am, I'm honest with co-workers saying that i'll never get married, and that women are like a bill, a lot of the men laugh and agree ironically, I don't try anymore, I stopped trying, that's the secret to getting rid of the endless thoughts of "self correction", stop telling yourself that you even have a chance, stop trying, stop caring, its over.

Last edited:
i dont care anymore. im sure people look at me like the freak i am but this is the hand i have been dealt and i need to accept it.

I'm always careful and probably look like a skittish cat walking around. I'm so light people jostle me easily. Once when I wasn't paying attention and was in a hurry I crashed into a woman- she was curvy but not obese. I fell down, she barely moved. At my college the guys in my dorm used to immitate my walk. I think it was good naturedly, at least I took it that way.

I always wear a hoodie and keep my hands tucked up sleeves. Then I keep my arms at shoulder-width apart and do not move them at all. I also walk extremely fast so I look weird af

same but now i just walk like a gorrilla to try and look alpha

Yep its an incel trait. It's the virgin walk. We walk too fast and without making eye contact correctly.

I walk too fast while not making eye contact with my hood up. Its as incel as it gets

The virgin walk is an exact and 100% accurate depiction of my walk

Sorry to hear about your experience, man.

thought I was the only one tbh. I walk very stiff and uncomfortable.