Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Celibacy in space

Sea_Salt

Sea_Salt

Socially Retarded Slavcel
I recently finished watching a Netflix sci-fi series called Another Life. What should be expected, it features a very diverse cast of characters, to the point I had to google one actor to determine their gender, and very diverse topics, including polyamory, cuckoldry and similar themes. It also has an on-board AI, that due to some faults in its programming presents itself as a gay mulatto slam poet. Despite only being able to manifest as an intangible hologram, it falls in love with female captain and suffers mental breakdown upon rejection, almost dooming the entire expedition (to find and possibly have sex with some aliens, idk rly). Thus being the first ever depiction of holocel in modern media. It's worth mentioning, that despite AI clearly being an incel, it still is depicted as a positive character.
The show isn't good by any stretch, but I found it thought provoking. For example, if they were able to program AI down to having complex, even conflicting emotions, generally being psychologically identical to humans and very loyal to mankind, why not make entire crew out of them, eliminating the need for fragile human astronauts? They could find and talk with the aliens in our name and maybe even have holosex with them, if the alien technology allowed such wonders.

2dbf662b 62ee 4fda b5b7 ad739687db05

over for spacecels

Good idea, send degenerates to meet aliens. In good canon aliens they meet would be moral, and wipe out degenerate humanity. Or atleast kill those

Good idea, send degenerates to meet aliens. In good canon aliens they meet would be moral, and wipe out degenerate humanity. Or atleast kill those
Good point. It really looks like they assembled the worst crew they possibly could and 90% of show's drama comes from their complete incompetence. But from Netflix' point of view public should cheer for this freakshow, jfl.

The medical hologram of the doctor in star trek voyager could touch people! He was balding!

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency..." Was the first thing he would say as he was projected into 3d!

why you watch netflix?
That's a good question. I cancelled my sub recently, so I don't anymore. Originally they lured me in with Marvel series, that turned out to be mostly shit.

or example, if they were able to program AI down to having complex, even conflicting emotions, generally being psychologically identical to humans and very loyal to mankind, why not make entire crew out of them, eliminating the need for fragile human astronauts?
How do they know whole expedition exists then, assuming there's no human to provide this kind of information. AI doesn't perceive, it doesn't feel, merely just programmed to react one way or another, much like humans as well, yet it's quite different. You can't be sure about anything whenever you're not measuring it directly, or predicted it to be that way. We can't predict what can we find further in space, and to measure it, there needs to be some kind of biological consciousness

That's a good question. I cancelled my sub recently, so I don't anymore. Originally they lured me in with Marvel series, that turned out to be mostly shit.
bro...

Punisher was only good thing which comes from Marvel other than that you had Narcos, Money Heist, Better Call Saul, Altered Carbon + few anime series like Castelvania, Baki and Kakegurui so i'd say it's worth buying stolen account from mpgh for like $2 and watch them, paying monthly? not worth it.