Clarification needed on when it's okay to link to your incel-related external content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leucosticte

Leucosticte

Quasi-neoreactionary libertarian
-
People routinely create threads linking to their YouTube vids with their incel-related commentary, music, etc., which is arguably a form of advertising for their channel (some people also advertise their channel in their sigs). Is it just other incel forums that we're not supposed to post threads advertising?

Mainländer

Mainländer

For JB wives and a future for high-T men
-
Guilty of all the accusations :feelzez:

FukkenLoser

FukkenLoser

SRK - Captain
-
Over for Mainlander

Mainländer

Mainländer

For JB wives and a future for high-T men
-
Over for Mainlander
True but I only started doing it because I had seen people like @Kent @catfishman23 @ordinaryotaku and @Akarin doing it so I figured it was ok.

FukkenLoser

FukkenLoser

SRK - Captain
-
Is @Kent the real Kent

BlkPillPres

BlkPillPres

Fakecel Slayer
-
Is @Kent the real Kent
No it isn't, he's one poster that always confused me, who goes out of their way to larp as a known incel, are they trying to steal his "halo effect", IDK?

Leucosticte

Leucosticte

Quasi-neoreactionary libertarian
-
Guilty of all the accusations :feelzez:
It's not just YouTube channels people advertise, they advertise rabbit streams and everything else. All day long people are doing various kinds of advertising, whether it's for their ideas, or their causes, or themselves, or whatever. They try to gain popularity and raise awareness to accomplish their goals. People even want to advertise their copes and get more people involved in those activities so they're not so lonely. Where it becomes spam is when it's siphoning off site resources for purposes that aren't aligned with the site, I would think.

But I thought there was a goal of trying to build a vibrant incelosphere of many sites (not just Incels.is) so that the incelosphere could be more resilient, cater to different types of incel-related communities, and ultimately attract traffic back to Incels.is too. Other incel-related sites are always going to link back to here.

Looking at a site like Wikipedia, it was largely built off of people pimping various ideas, topics, organizations, people, bands, hobbies, etc. that they wanted to promote by writing articles, whether for money or out of personal interest. Yet Wikipedia has been very successful. It has many external links taking visitors to sites outside of Wikipedia, yet it also has many incoming links, because in making itself useful in that way it also attracts traffic.

Last edited:
SergeantIncel

SergeantIncel

Admincel
-
There's a difference between linking for a reason (e.g rabbit stream to watch a movie, youtube due to a video regarding blackpill, etc), and simple advertisement (e.g hey guys check this place out).

If you are in doubt, PM a mod.

blickpall

blickpall

O T L
-
I think in this specific instance it's because you were promoting Zesto content (he is admin there and created the blackpilled otaku server on Discord prior to your creating the site, if we take your word to be true). Even if you made the site and he made the Discord, that still falls in line with what was previously decided about Zesto content - he is banned, other users can't post his content here for him. I don't mean to take credit away from you if you did in fact create the site. However, he is an administrator there so I find it hard to believe that he had nothing to do with it.

knajjd

knajjd

Modcel
-
what's more, you've in the past been warned for shilling your websites way too often. you know not to anymore, and did it anyway. that alone merits the warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.