Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Could it be that "IQ" and "intelligence" are overrated and just a cope?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I think most of us, since an early age, have thought of intelligence as great quality and value in a human being. Society tells people it values intelligence, although that's just in words and in reality things are quite different.

Sure, being stupid is a very bad thing. But at the same time, it seems like you only need to pass a certain threshold of intelligence to function and live properly, anything beyond that doesn't really mean much.

Could it be that intelligence and seeing it as a quality greater than others is just a cope for people who lack in other areas? For example us incels, ugly and physically weak, we might've seen intelligence as the one thing to make us feel superior when we were otherwise inferior and other aspects.

Sometimes I think of myself as smart, sometimes as a retard, but the reality of it is that it doesn't really matter, there are many other things that matter, intelligence being just one of many.

Our perceptions of our intelligence often are
But in general IQ is hugely important and a big predictor of socioeconomic status, life success, etc along with it being largely genetic.

I think most of us, since an early age, have thought of intelligence as great quality and value in a human being. Society tells people it values intelligence, although that's just in words and in reality things are quite different.

Sure, being stupid is a very bad thing. But at the same time, it seems like you only need to pass a certain threshold of intelligence to function and live properly, anything beyond that doesn't really mean much.

Could it be that intelligence and seeing it as a quality greater than others is just a cope for people who lack in other areas? For example us incels, ugly and physically weak, we might've seen intelligence as the one thing to make us feel superior when we were otherwise inferior and other aspects.

Sometimes I think of myself as smart, sometimes as a retard, but the reality of it is that it doesn't really matter, there are many other things that matter, intelligence being just one of many.
yeah, this has occured to me and others, check out "The Intelligence Paradox: Why the Intelligent Choice Isn't Always the Smart One", someone making the case that intelligence is maladaptive for many is pretty mindblowing

IQ is overrated. Social skills and sociability trump IQ and technical skill 99% of the time. Humans are a social species so social hierarchy overrides knowing shit most of the time. Of course being legit retarded is bad but its better to be an average IQ socalite than a high IQ outcast. Also being legit low IQ usually makes you unable to be as social.

Being high IQ is important as an incel. You're still ugly but at least you could wealthmaxx and have a decent life with it.

In 2020 everything is a cope

You need a balance, being unintelligent is a negative aspect. Having an average iq is all you need in society to function like a normal human being with a social circle.

i would trade all my iq for that hunter eyes and symmetrical face.
you know that phrase " no one likes an smart ass " ?, its the fucking truth

The stupider you are the happier you tend to be because you fit better into western society. It makes you low inhib and therefore you're better socially.

Women will always find a tiny IQ low inhib jester more attractive than an Einstein IQ introvert (if equal looks)

Doesn't matter if you uggo as fuck