could the media upload screen specify the maximum file size limit?

Wizard32

Wizard32

Wizard
★★★
19d 5h 33m
Although MP4s are an allowed file type, you can see from the screenshot below an upload I just tried that failed:

The file is 12.4 MB so my guess is the failure indicated by the strikethrough on the name is due to surpassing some kind of file size cap.

However I can't see a size cap actually mentioned anywhere when we visit the 'media' section or click to upload.

If you have a cap could you please list it so we don't waste time and bandwidth on both ends trying to add something over the limit? I'd rather just add it to mega.nz or something and then just link mega if that's the case.

System Restore

System Restore

Banned
-
29d 6h 42m
File size limit is 10.5 MB.

Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Honorary Greycel
★★★★★
143d 11h 9m
Maybe it could, maybe it couldn’t, maybe we’ll see.

Diocel

Diocel

Wear a hijab in your tinder profile
★★★★★
81d 17h 55m
FrailPaleStaleMale

FrailPaleStaleMale

Hopeless addict druggicel
★★★★★
83d 6h 34m
discord has a limit ? i don't know tbh, i don't use it much, it's not like i have to someone to talk to lmao :feelshaha:
Yeah they have upload limits. Gotta give them moneys to upload larger files .

Wizard32

Wizard32

Wizard
★★★
19d 5h 33m
File size limit is 10.5 MB.
I guess next question is if anyone knows some software I can use to downgrade MP4 resolution because whenever I try it seems to get twice as large a file despite halving the height/width

Blacktarpill

Blacktarpill

Beta "male" - "man" let
★★★★★
60d 2h 55m
I guess next question is if anyone knows some software I can use to downgrade MP4 resolution because whenever I try it seems to get twice as large a file despite halving the height/width
Format factory might work

System Restore

System Restore

Banned
-
29d 6h 42m

Or search how reduce file size with this.