Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Dating and personalities are pure narcissism

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
Humans look at non-human animals and think "they all look the same and do roughly the same stuff"! It's correct, all life forms share a lot in common and members of the same species differ only in extreme minor details. They see it when it comes to non-human animals, but they don't see that applying to humans. All humans share the same basic needs and goals (insert Maslow's hierarchy of needs here) and their methods of achieving it are roughly the same because they're pre-programmed by their DNA. Lions fuck, eat prey of choice and die, cows fuck, eat grass/grain/GMO soy and die, humans fuck, eat tendies and die etc.

The idea that you need years finding a compatible person is so ridiculous. Humans are created to be compatible with each other (with the exception of absolute psychopaths). There's nothing that special about anyone. Up until very recently your dating pool would be limited to your village/town, you'd have only a bunch of candidates your age and people got along just fine (of course there was a lot of drama but do you seriously think it was worse than today? ).

The infamous personality is supposed to be the virtuous criterion of a partner choice. But what is a personality really? When I think about the number one non-physical thing that should matter to you when choosing a partner, it's the value system (religion, philosophy). But I've seen thousands of posts online claiming you're being extremist (and in normie riddles that automatically means something bad; I think believing in good values to extreme extend is a virtue)! You're apparently being closed-minded if you don't want to date someone with a different value system! O tempora, o mores! Rejecting people because of their race (because you're apparently not compatible with millions of people who'd be your only dating choice just a few decades ago) is a preference, but rejecting people because of their value system is bigotry.

What is personality then? From my observations it's just a collective name for the things you enjoy or your hobbies, interests and favorites (food, media etc. ). Thinking that this is useful criterion for partner choice is so silly. All humans like roughly the same things. Almost everyone finds pop music at least acceptable, you'll probably find something you'd enjoy in top 100 bestsellers and most TV shows are made to be palatable to as many people as possible. We're all human and we enjoy doing human stuff. Even giga autists with eccentric interests usually have their weird hobbies in addition to generic human stuff. Likes are often shaped purely by accident and social context e. g. I find Netflix shows trash but I'm not some alien, I can see how their narratives are meant to appeal to human mind and I'd probably be able to enjoy them if I had someone to discuss them with. I may prefer pasta but I can definitely see the appeal of pizza -- it's all human food, it's liked by almost everyone.

I think it's incredibly narcissistic to think you're so special that you need to filter thousands of humans and put them through long tests to find anyone acceptable to you. Humans have thousands of years of experience at cooperating with each other, you can probably pick up a random person and you'll learn to work together (if fact, that's exactly what you're expected to do at work or school). I see how shared values should be a priority but no one means that when they say personality. Shared values are even an argument for early and arranged marriages because normally you'd get your values from your family (so they're good at finding another family sharing similar values) and if you marry (or at least befriend each other) early, you have a chance to grow together in your virtues of choice. Perhaps it's not that important nowadays because we have mandatory standardized education and global media which dictate values, so even this kind of incompatibility is a rare issue. When normies say personality they seem to mean things you enjoy and sorry, preferring Money Heist to Breaking Bad doesn't make you so special that you're unable to form relationships with humans who enjoy other things.

GOT 'EM!!!
Oaaaah

We humans are molded by our societies, families and environment, I feel like that makes us distinct from animals in such a way that sets us apart. However, we as humans can understand to a large degree other people's experiences if explained well enough and I think that's what you were hitting at.

When it comes to personality its good to dive into the psychology sides of things, I have only watched JP's videos when it comes to those sort of things and he frequently talks about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits . How personality could be boiled down to these 5 traits, those traits as I understand are determined by a mixture of your genetics and environment and experiences growing up (usually first 7 years of your life I think).

I just looked this up on youtube and found a JP video talking about exactly this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mjD3K96MVY
it might interest you,

Humans look at non-human animals and think "they all look the same and do roughly the same stuff"! It's correct, all life forms share a lot in common and members of the same species differ only in extreme minor details. They see it when it comes to non-human animals, but they don't see that applying to humans. All humans share the same basic needs and goals (insert Maslow's hierarchy of needs here) and their methods of achieving it are roughly the same because they're pre-programmed by their DNA. Lions fuck, eat prey of choice and die, cows fuck, eat grass/grain/GMO soy and die, humans fuck, eat tendies and die etc.

The idea that you need years finding a compatible person is so ridiculous. Humans are created to be compatible with each other (with the exception of absolute psychopaths). There's nothing that special about anyone. Up until very recently your dating pool would be limited to your village/town, you'd have only a bunch of candidates your age and people got along just fine (of course there was a lot of drama but do you seriously think it was worse than today? ).

The infamous personality is supposed to be the virtuous criterion of a partner choice. But what is a personality really? When I think about the number one non-physical thing that should matter to you when choosing a partner, it's the value system (religion, philosophy). But I've seen thousands of posts online claiming you're being extremist (and in normie riddles that automatically means something bad; I think believing in good values to extreme extend is a virtue)! You're apparently being closed-minded if you don't want to date someone with a different value system! O tempora, o mores! Rejecting people because of their race (because you're apparently not compatible with millions of people who'd be your only dating choice just a few decades ago) is a preference, but rejecting people because of their value system is bigotry.

What is personality then? From my observations it's just a collective name for the things you enjoy or your hobbies, interests and favorites (food, media etc. ). Thinking that this is useful criterion for partner choice is so silly. All humans like roughly the same things. Almost everyone finds pop music at least acceptable, you'll probably find something you'd enjoy in top 100 bestsellers and most TV shows are made to be palatable to as many people as possible. We're all human and we enjoy doing human stuff. Even giga autists with eccentric interests usually have their weird hobbies in addition to generic human stuff. Likes are often shaped purely by accident and social context e. g. I find Netflix shows trash but I'm not some alien, I can see how their narratives are meant to appeal to human mind and I'd probably be able to enjoy them if I had someone to discuss them with. I may prefer pasta but I can definitely see the appeal of pizza -- it's all human food, it's liked by almost everyone.

I think it's incredibly narcissistic to think you're so special that you need to filter thousands of humans and put them through long tests to find anyone acceptable to you. Humans have thousands of years of experience at cooperating with each other, you can probably pick up a random person and you'll learn to work together (if fact, that's exactly what you're expected to do at work or school). I see how shared values should be a priority but no one means that when they say personality. Shared values are even an argument for early and arranged marriages because normally you'd get your values from your family (so they're good at finding another family sharing similar values) and if you marry (or at least befriend each other) early, you have a chance to grow together in your virtues of choice. Perhaps it's not that important nowadays because we have mandatory standardized education and global media which dictate values, so even this kind of incompatibility is a rare issue. When normies say personality they seem to mean things you enjoy and sorry, preferring Money Heist to Breaking Bad doesn't make you so special that you're unable to form relationships with humans who enjoy other things.
My goodness, if I heard this in real life I'd unironically deliver a standing ovation
Well said, fren

High IQ. In the past you would only have to compete with males in your village to find a mate and foids would have to settle with whomever could provide for them at a young age. In modern society you have to compete with every Chad in a 20-mile radius. By the time she's ready to settle down, a foid will have slept with hundreds of guys, making it impossible to form a lasting partnership with an "inferior" male.

So you’re saying life is shit no matter the era

We humans are molded by our societies, families and environment, I feel like that makes us distinct from animals in such a way that sets us apart. However, we as humans can understand to a large degree other people's experiences if explained well enough and I think that's what you were hitting at.

When it comes to personality its good to dive into the psychology sides of things, I have only watched JP's videos when it comes to those sort of things and he frequently talks about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits . How personality could be boiled down to these 5 traits, those traits as I understand are determined by a mixture of your genetics and environment and experiences growing up (usually first 7 years of your life I think).

I just looked this up on youtube and found a JP video talking about exactly this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mjD3K96MVY
it might interest you,

JP is cucked.

High IQ. In the past you would only have to compete with males in your village to find a mate and foids would have to settle with whomever could provide for them at a young age. In modern society you have to compete with every Chad in a 20-mile radius. By the time she's ready to settle down, a foid will have slept with hundreds of guys, making it impossible to form a lasting partnership with an "inferior" male.

Ask this cuck why women are failing, he never addresses their failures. He's too much of a simp to ever talk about women's faults.
hhdo7gpl8fi51-jpg.png
Another example of how important nose and eye area is. First thing you notice is the big nose and the helpless looking kind of eyes :feelsbadman:

In this context where we are discussing personality in psychology rather than JP's social / political opinions I think its ok quote him.
It's a video on relationships.