Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy "Depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain"

FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow

Banned
-
The chemical imbalance theory is unproven and often cited as an explanation for mental health conditions. It states that these conditions are caused by an imbalance of neurotransmitters between nerve cells in the brain. For example, depression is said to be a result of having too little serotonin in the brain

Normies are retarded and dont know wtf they are talking about.
Depression isnt caused by some sort of imbalance, its caused by having horrible life experiences like being a lifelong kissless virgin.
They try to spread that fake phrase so they can act like women and Chad's can also have depression when they cannot

proof? not that I disagree, I just want to show normies so I can shut them up.

Both. You are retarded if you think chemicals dont matter.
Some people are naturally more anxious or depressed. But the outside world matters 100% too ofcourse. You are less likely to be depressed or anxious if you are good looking and get positive reinforcement from people

Shitty life causes your brain to be full of chemicals that make you depressed, so you’re technically right I guess.

Lmao if ive had a penny every time i heard some retarded boomer, sjw foid or normie scum i heard say that id make bill gates look like a poor starving aids infested street shitting Ethiopian child

The brain is an electrochemical computer. So yes, chemicals in your brain do control your mood. Experiences trigger the release of these chemicals.

Just rebalance your chemicals you "depressed" Inkwell...

In fact, the medical community has largely refuted this theory. Researchers argue that the chemical imbalance hypothesis is more of a figure of speech. It doesn’t really capture the true complexity of these conditions.
That theory is complete bullshit that was thought up by boomers in the 1950's

The chemical imbalance theory is unproven and often cited as an explanation for mental health conditions. It states that these conditions are caused by an imbalance of neurotransmitters between nerve cells in the brain. For example, depression is said to be a result of having too little serotonin in the brain

Normies are retarded and dont know wtf they are talking about.
Depression isnt caused by some sort of imbalance, its caused by having horrible life experiences like being a lifelong kissless virgin.
They try to spread that fake phrase so they can act like women and Chad's can also have depression when they cannot
>Chemical imbalance
It comes from a deficiency in essential nutrients and heavy metal poisoning from vaccines.
You've been warned against the Vaxx shills :dab:

If depression was just a chemical imbalance it would be cured by antidepressants and incidents of depression would go down over time. Instead depression and suicide rates have increased since the developent of SSRIs

Some people are naturally more anxious or depressed. But the outside world matters 100% too ofcourse. You are less likely to be depressed or anxious if you are good looking and get positive reinforcement from people
This.

Also, this theory allows me to get free jew pills to LDAR on if I claim to plan suicide so stfu.

The pain when you get punched in the stomach is also just chemicals in your brain, bro
full

Depression is natural reaction to bad events. PTSD wouldn't be a thing if it was "mere chemical imbalance".
Cucks want to downplay our pain so we would shut up

If depression was just a chemical imbalance it would be cured by antidepressants and incidents of depression would go down over time. Instead depression and suicide rates have increased since the developent of SSRIs

Because the Jews make more money. It's a con. Millions of women on anti-depressants. Why? They have the world handed to them on a silver platter and live life on easy mode but they have a mood swing while on their period and after Chad doesn't text them back? Here's some pills for you.

Anti depressants should be described short term for people dealing with severe grief, not female bullshit

There's no cure for the fate of Inceldom either, no pill makes our existence any more bearable.

This. It's clearly both.

Also, being intelligent seems to predispose people to depression.

Affection, touching, kissing, hugging, being complimented, desired, all these things make you produce these happiness chemicals.

But when you're ugly and autistic, then you get them from over a pharmacy counter.

Theory: Subuhman genetics combined with three digit IQ causes depression.

Depression is often caused by seeing the world for what it is.

Depression, one if the most classic diseases of civilization and an indication of environmental mismatch.
Depression and suicide rarely happen in more primitive cultures, they don't need to deal with the same conceptual ills if modernity like our more complex social hierarchies.

It shows that it's both abstract and deterministic, if you don't get social community (globalized capitalism annihilated this) or affirmation like a resource depression is the only response the brain has.

Depression is like a hibernation defending our minds from scarcity....because modern society lives in social, emotional and spiritual poverty.

To some maybe but for most incels is because we were mistreated all our lifes because we are ugly

Symptom: chemistry
Cause: Society

Depression is caused by a millimeter imbalance in the face.

The chemical imbalance theory is unproven ... Depression isnt caused by some sort of imbalance, its caused by having horrible life experiences...

We all know this. But if society accepted the obvious, we'd all have to accept some responsibility for others' suffering. We can't have that. Much better to place the fault in the individual's physiology. That way, we're justified in dismissing them as "sick" and moving on. Next. Nothing to see here.

If a person is mistreated, hated, difamated and constantly insulted for just 1 week it's enough for him to develop suicidal tendencies.

Just (((buy))) some brain chemicals bro! U r deficient!

They say that so normies and roasts can bitch and cry about how hard their life is without being slapped for being privileged little whiny shits making bullshit up.

Depression doesnt exist

Depression, one if the most classic diseases of civilization and an indication of environmental mismatch.
Depression and suicide rarely happen in more primitive cultures, they don't need to deal with the same conceptual ills if modernity like our more complex social hierarchies.

It shows that it's both abstract and deterministic, if you don't get social community (globalized capitalism annihilated this) or affirmation like a resource depression is the only response the brain has.

Depression is like a hibernation defending our minds from scarcity....because modern society lives in social, emotional and spiritual poverty.
Sorry for necroing this one but this greycel said something very interesting that passed unnoticed

I wish we had a way of dealing with it but I agree with you that this is probably the cause of the depression epidemic. It's really over

chemical imbalance is being pushed to keep incels from killing themselves and consume jewpills

Many men are gone:feelscry:

When foids get depressed it's because their BF/husband is not Chad enough or they have to deal with their kids who they really didn't want to have in the first place.

Normie depression (an inability to feel joy even with no apparent cause while your life is going well) is caused by chemical imbalance. Being upset because your life just actually sucks is a different thing, and shouldn't even be called depression imo, because it's not a disorder. It's just a normal reaction to bad circumstances.

When it's a foid it actually is.

Chemical imbalances lower your ''defenses'' against external stimuli that would hurt you. They don't cause bad moods per say, they just make your susceptibility to them higher(as in, shit makes you sad easier than it would, but you wouldn't be sad EVEN WITH THE IMBALANCE if there was nothing to make you sad in the first place).

One of the biggest scams nowadays. Only consumable for bluepilled "men" and a great proportion of women who delude themselves or try to delude men to not be aware.