Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Did any of you played rpgs?

C

catfishman23

Banned
-
I remembered I used to play final fantasy games and other square enix games.

I played dark souls
That's about it

Played AD&D, Shadowrun, Warhammer 40K and Fantasy as a kid. Later on PC I was a total Fallout Junkie, but after that not so much anymore. Registered at GOG to get both Baldur's Gate and mod them into one seamlessly connected game, but didn't finish it. But Witcher 3 is one of my all-time favorites. The ultimate escapism. Admittedly, that was a time when I considered converting to Christianity so I was always listening to sermons about predestination and election when riding through the cities. 

What I rather dislike about RPGs tho is that you mostly fight against ugly monsters. I think the guy who wrote Game Of Throne said that his favorite fantasy is that which only has a few fantasy elements. Like, a realistic middle age but with SOME fantasy elements such as dragons but not TOO much with monsters everywhere and stronk womyn etc. And this is a bit lacking even in Witcher 3 - I'd rather fight against humans than ugly monsters. Why do they always have to be ugly anyway... 

They are usually black and ugly and then all problems get solved by them being all killed. The guy from GoT also commented on that, saying that he admired Tolkien but he dislike this trend coming from there that everything is literally black and white and the evil side simply super evil, black, and then they get all killed ... and he rhetorically asked, what would happen wit hthe little ork babies? Would they get killed too? What would be done to prisoners of war? Who would have to pay taxes and so on. All these interesting questions a lot of fantasy leaves out.

pokemon, persona, bloodborne, and dark souls. all garbage

The Witcher 3 is pretty good. I'm gonna play the Kingdom Hearts games in a few months. Once I get a 3ds I'm gonna play Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time to see what all the fuss is about. Not emulating because I like portability and convenience.

The only games I play now are rpgs and strategy, everything else is too boring.

I used to play Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts.

Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Demons Souls,
Dark Souls, The Witcher 3, Dragons Dogma, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, 4, NV

Games are all boring as fuck tbh fam. I wish I was still a kid when they were still enjoyable

whogivesafucc said:
Games are all boring as fuck tbh fam. I wish I was still a kid when they were still enjoyable

Yeah, I'm fearing that I'm getting tired of them as well.

Kointo said:
whogivesafucc said:
Yeah, I'm fearing that I'm getting tired of them as well.

I legitimately just turn on a game (any game, doesn't matter), play for a whopping amount of 10 minutes and just turn it off.

whogivesafucc said:
I legitimately just turn on a game (any game, doesn't matter), play for a whopping amount of 10 minutes and just turn it off.

I play for an hour and then turn it off out of boredom, or there's just more entertaining things to do. An hour is nothing compared to when I would play for 8 hours straight.

RuneScape, still play it.

Runescape (can't play anymore because computer can't keep up with updates), Final Fantasy (not all of them), and Kingdom Hearts; were the main games I've played throughout my childhood and teenage years.

I really don't have an interest or liking for shooting games, but I just don't know why. I usually like Fantasy or Medieval type games, it seems to be more fun and a better escape from reality.

Yeah, sometimes I get bored playing games. Nowadays, I usually get more stimulation by reading up on theories, ideas, and concepts than playing games; I spend more time on the forums and going through pdfs than playing games.