[Discussion] Do antidepressants work?

Uglyme

Uglyme

Recruit
-
Have you taken them? Did they work for you? Which ones do you recommend?

HidekiTojota

HidekiTojota

Conquistadorcel, Historycel
-
Yes i recommend taking the whole container in one time

LiterallyASoyboy

LiterallyASoyboy

25 y/o"khhv"(3D), waifuist, recovering hiki
-
I tried many, they either did absolutely nothing, or had side effects which just made me feel worse. One of these was fapping being made very difficult. It's not that the meds reduced the urges, no they were still there for me, but it was near impossible to satisfy them. But they just overall made me feel like a robot.

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
-
They will make you lose all feeling

ThirdWorldcel

ThirdWorldcel

Deathnic, Marxist-Rodgerist, Sexual Distributist
-
Worked for me but they lowered my IQ by 5 points

Chris_Jones

Chris_Jones

An outcast among outcasts
-
I take 450mg of Welbutrin everyday. Its only side effect is that it can make it hard to sleep. But since I have severe sleep apnea, I have no problem falling asleep. It doesn't completely solve my problems, but does give me a decent boost in energy and mood.

Ropemaxx

Ropemaxx

Officer
-
I tried many, they either did absolutely nothing, or had side effects which just made me feel worse. One of these was fapping being made very difficult. It's not that the meds reduced the urges, no they were still there for me, but it was near impossible to satisfy them. But they just overall made me feel like a robot.
Brutal, did u try any anti anxiety like xanax?

LiterallyASoyboy

LiterallyASoyboy

25 y/o"khhv"(3D), waifuist, recovering hiki
-
Brutal, did u try any anti anxiety like xanax?
No, useless doctors only gave me SSRIs which made me feel worse, well and an antipsychotic one, JFL. Anti anxiety drugs are probably the only ones with the potential to help me, but then again I don't know if I'd want to be dependent on them.

Ropemaxx

Ropemaxx

Officer
-
No, useless doctors only gave me SSRIs which made me feel worse, well and an antipsychotic one, JFL. Anti anxiety drugs are probably the only ones with the potential to help me, but then again I don't know if I'd want to be dependent on them.
I'd love some xanax or some good drug. I know my life is 100% over longterm so any short term comfort is gladly accepted.