Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you believe all humans are bad?

Are all humans bad?

• Yes, it is human nature

• No, but the majority are

Results are only viewable after voting.
ThoughtfulCel

ThoughtfulCel

G.O.R.I.L.L.A _M.A.X.I.N.G
★★★★★
I find it very interesting that for all of man's creations of entertainment like movies, games, books, etc, these types of entertainment all have worlds that boast better morality, laws, people, and etiquette than our current one.

It really begs the question as to why the world is the way It is. We literally have people who would rather lie to themselves instead of actually doing something about it.

For example, in these stories-

you'll see friendships with bonds that are so close they are willing to die for each other.

Women who are sentinet and actually give a shit about anything but themselves.

People who have no problem pointing out how wrong they are.

A society where laws apply equally to both sexes, races, etc.

If humans are capable of creating these fantasy worlds in their head, then why is the world we currently live in shit?

Is it ignorance? Lack of profit? A lack of desire to create a world that everyone can enjoy? Or is a morally just world impossible for humans due to their nature.

Last edited:
No.
The ones that aren't breathing anymore aren't bad.

If it's breathing, it's bad.

No, but the majority are​

I wouldn't say all humans are bad.

I'd say that we're an extremely selfish species. But most species are so.

By inherently ‘bad’, you mean selfish. Yes.

kikecel

Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow​

Because of human nature. We are selfish and all have our own bias’s. That’s the answer to your question.

In short i'd say human's propensity to be "bad" and fuck other people over is greater than their propensity to do the right thing and be "good"

In general people are good if they like you a lot, if it makes them feel good or if it requires very little time/effort/money

Good and bad don’t exist

In short i'd say human's propensity to be "bad" and fuck other people over is greater than their propensity to do the right thing and be "good"

In general people are good if they like you a lot, if it makes them feel good or if it requires very little time/effort/money
I agree. But even then, the people who do like you can turn on you in a moments notice once the opportunity arises.

I'd be fine with your assessment if humans were consistent with their actions. But I've heard of friendships failing for literally no reason other than an opportunity arising.

I will say however that you're extremely right that humans desire to do good is weaker than their desire to fuck other people over

Goodness goes against the nature. This world is evil and only bad exist.

Good or bad doesn't exist you should be wary of men who are consumed by greed.

Goodness goes against the nature. This world is evil and only bad exist.
Agreed, but you are intelligent beings who aren't constricted to your nature as much as other creatures.

Using nature as an excuse to do bad is retarded when you have the self awareness not to.

But I suppose you're right in some respects.
Good or bad doesn't exist you should be wary of men who are consumed by greed.
I think they do exist. Bad is human nature, and good is a humans self awareness not to do what is wrong. If compassion and empathy exist (which they do and are objectively good) one can argue that the concept of good and bad exists

I agree. But even then, the people who do like you can turn on you in a moments notice once the opportunity arises.

I'd be fine with your assessment if humans were consistent with their actions. But I've heard of friendships failing for literally no reason other than an opportunity arising.

I will say however that you're extremely right that humans desire to do good is weaker than their desire to fuck other people over
Oh yeah I should have added that people are only good to each other if they're content with their situation. Backstabs happen when they feel like they can get more or when they feel like they've been screwed over

It even works like that on a broader scale if you look at civil wars. Civil wars always happen when people aren't happy. Shitty wages, no jobs, no food, inflation, disease etc.

Things like office politics and cheating happen because people think they can do better/have something to gain

It really doesn't take much for people to have this desire of fucking other people over. Which is why i think the bad tends to outweigh the good

Most humans don’t think about this, a lot lack self awareness. They go about most of their day and lives on autopilot. I used to be guilty of this and still a bit are, until I decided to change. I’m not completely perfect but I’m much more aware to know what I’m doing to make the most logical decisions.

Humans are one of the few animals that are self aware enough to try change their selves but refuse to do it for whatever reason. I’m starting to come to the conclusion that most humans probably don’t even have the ability to be self aware enough to change. It’s like they run largely on script. I don’t absolutely know but must humans are really no different than some of the animals they say their better than, some of those animals are probably more aware than them and even have better senses.

Most humans don’t think about this, a lot lack self awareness. They go about most of their day and lives on autopilot. I used to be guilty of this and still a bit are, until I decided to change. I’m not completely perfect but I’m much more aware to know what I’m doing to make the most logical decisions.

Humans are one of the few animals that are self aware enough to try change their selves but refuse to do it for whatever reason. I’m starting to come to the conclusion that most humans probably don’t even have the ability to be self aware enough to change. It’s like they run largely on script. I don’t absolutely know but must humans are really know different than some of the animals they say their better than, some of those animals are probably more aware than them and even have better senses.
This is a perfect assessment, and I completely agree. I also think one can tie self awareness to how good or bad a human can or will be . Perhaps even intelligence could be used to measure this as well.

Low IQ people are more likely to be complete garbage, depending on their environment of course.

Oh yeah I should have added that people are only good to each other if they're content with their situation. Backstabs happen when they feel like they can get more or when they feel like they've been screwed over

It even works like that on a broader scale if you look at civil wars. Civil wars always happen when people aren't happy. Shitty wages, no jobs, no food, inflation, disease etc.

Things like office politics and cheating happen because people think they can do better/have something to gain

It really doesn't take much for people to have this desire of fucking other people over. Which is why i think the bad tends to outweigh the good
Completely agree. While I do think there are a few outliers, I definitely believe humans are only as good as the situation they're in

(your use of the civil war example made a lot of sense)

If humans are capable of creating these fantasy worlds in their head, then why is the world we currently live in shit?
who are those people that create these fantasy stories in movies, books, games etc.? it aren't chads. it aren't foids.
it's the average joe guy. the 'nerds'. these people are better than other humans, morally speaking. they are not so because of choice though.
in nature there exist no good humans. they are all bad. but you can artificially create humans with morality.

who are those people that create these fantasy stories in movies, books, games etc.? it aren't chads. it aren't foids.
it's the average joe guy. the 'nerds'. these people are better than other humans, morally speaking. they are not so because of choice though.
in nature there exist no good humans. they are all bad. but you can artificially create humans with morality.
An interesting theory.

I do think there are some outliers who are born naturally good.

The same way you can artificially create morally good humans, is the same way you can corrupt naturally good ones.

Yes. I hate humans and wish I wasn't one.

An interesting theory.

I do think there are some outliers who are born naturally good.

The same way you can artificially create morally good humans, is the same way you can corrupt naturally good ones.
an interesting gorillaheory.

it would be possible for there to be outliers if you specify the trait 'good' with concrete characteristics like aggressiveness. i'm sure they vary based on genetics between humans as much as can between a bonobo and a chimpanzee. humans aren't all of the same breed for sure.

I think human nature itself is flawed. Maybe "bad" is the wrong term because it is the status quo of every human to only think of himself and only care about others if it makes themselves happy.

Humans have an animal nature geared toward survival if you want to say that's bad.

Humans have an animal nature geared toward survival if you want to say that's bad.
Comparing humans to animals is like comparing apples to oranges, both are fruit, but one is red and the other is orange.

Humans are animals, but they have self awareness.

Also I'm not talking about survival.

Comparing humans to animals is like comparing apples to oranges, both are fruit, but one is red and the other is orange.

Humans are animals, but they have self awareness.

I'd say it's more of a difference of degree rather than kind. It's not like there was an exact point in evolution when humans became self aware. My avi there would have had some self awareness for instance.

Also I'm not talking about survival.

If you removed all the "sin" from humanity nothing would really work.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvlCtwt3nQ

I believe people only care about themselves and only help others if they think they can get something out of it

I believe people only care about themselves and only help others if they think they can get something out of it
I agree the majority of humans feel this way, however I think there's a 5% of reasonable people who don't

No, but the majority are​

Vast and overwhelming majority, but probably not “all” — there are some deeply thoughtful and “selfless” men (depends on how define selfless of course) that have existed throughout history and seemed to truly want the best for the world and others, but I’m convinced they are extremely rare.

Im not religious but that Ecclesiastes verse nails it — While I was still searching but not finding — I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them (Ecclesiastes 7:28).

Vast and overwhelming majority, but probably not “all” — there are some deeply thoughtful and “selfless” men (depends on how define selfless of course) that have existed throughout history and seemed to truly want the best for the world and others, but I’m convinced they are extremely rare.

Im not religious but that Ecclesiastes verse nails it — While I was still searching but not finding — I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them (Ecclesiastes 7:28).
ScornedStoic

No, no one is born "bad" they are shaped by their environment, parents mostly. As incels we should know this.

No. I believe in the idea of individualism. Some people are evil. Some people are just and righteous. Most people are probably somewhere in the middle. I do believe however, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

A lot of the chads I’ve met are nice to me.

Man is simultaneously the best and worst being in the world.

Yes. I really do. I think everyone is self serving, and I think all pretenses of good are dropped as soon as society doesn't require them anymore. Nobody is good, even the people who seem like they dedicate their lives to chairty ect.. Put them in a rough situation and see what they choose

No. Because I am a good human

No, only about 89%.

very few genuine good people and definitely I'm not one of them.

Suicide is self-expression​

Narcissists, socio and psychopaths naturally rise to the top of the system. It's like with the evonomy. The most cutthroat succeed in the competition.
Also tldr :feelsrope:

Didn’t read but my answer is yes

I mean yeah? human nature is VERY corruptible

No, the majority is just stupid.

No but most people are. You could have a poor peasant living in the Middle Ages criticising the Lord for being a piece of shit, then that peasant becomes the Lord and he will abuse his power and status just like the Lord he criticised.

Yes, I do.

I hope you will come back gorilla.

this question is flawed in itself, because humanity came up with morals

when you say one person is evil, it means he or she is evil as per society's standards. you could also say that a civilization is bad according to another society's ethics. but humanity as a whole? if you say humanity is evil, it essentially means "we're not good at following our own ethics and expectations of what we should be like" which doesn't mean we're inherently good or bad.

that being said, i think most of society is hypocritical and evil in my book
I hope you will come back gorilla.
:feelsbadman: