Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you believe you have free Will?

Do you believe that you have free Will?

• Total voters
Braincel14w

Braincel14w

Greycel
I don't believe we can control our instincts and "knee jerk reactions" but we can choose to ignore them and this act of self awareness and choice is free Will for me.

I think our Will is the most fundamental aspect to our being, more fundamental to reality than the atoms that we are made of.

I dont think so

no...
we simply lack the mental capacity to acknowledge all the external and internal factors that are conditioning our behaviours.
so we end up deluding ourselves with the idea of being free.

I think it's a convincing illusion. So convincing that you might as well believe it. Does anyone that says freewill doesn't exist actually behave like it doesn't?

No bro

Researchers also analyzed EEG recordings for each trial with respect to the timing of the action. It was noted that brain activity involved in the initiation of the action, primarily centered in the secondary motor cortex, occurred, on average, approximately five hundred milliseconds before the trial ended with the pushing of the button. That is to say, researchers recorded mounting brain activity related to the resultant action as many as three hundred milliseconds before subjects reported the first awareness of conscious will to act. In other words, apparently conscious decisions to act were preceded by an unconscious buildup of electrical activity within the brain - the change in EEG signals reflecting this buildup came to be called Bereitschaftspotential or readiness potential. As of 2008, the upcoming outcome of a decision could be found in study of the brain activity in the prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 7 seconds before the subject was aware of their decision.

No bro

Researchers also analyzed EEG recordings for each trial with respect to the timing of the action. It was noted that brain activity involved in the initiation of the action, primarily centered in the secondary motor cortex, occurred, on average, approximately five hundred milliseconds before the trial ended with the pushing of the button. That is to say, researchers recorded mounting brain activity related to the resultant action as many as three hundred milliseconds before subjects reported the first awareness of conscious will to act. In other words, apparently conscious decisions to act were preceded by an unconscious buildup of electrical activity within the brain - the change in EEG signals reflecting this buildup came to be called Bereitschaftspotential or readiness potential. As of 2008, the upcoming outcome of a decision could be found in study of the brain activity in the prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 7 seconds before the subject was aware of their decision.
Ultra High IQ

No. Whenever I feel a strong urge to shit, I rush to my shit pan (or on the streets) and most of the time my shit turns out to be sub-optimal. But when I feel constipated or my intestine is upset, my shit turns out to be really good, I don't know why, it's almost always unexpected. The texture, smell and composition of my shit is highly non-linear and very difficult to predict. The bottom line is I don't have 100% control over my shit. So yea, free will is bs.

No we are all locked like animals :feelstrash:
you made my day LMFAOO
If you believe you have free will you are low iq in every way possible.

No never. we are always depends on the other people even though we don't admit it. it's human nature we are mammals and savages at this point

we say we have free will to cope

We can have free will but the problem is that most foids don't want to live that kind of life. They are dependant on the system.

If i quit my job, learn to hunt build some hut in the middle of nowhere and become self sufficient... No foid on this planet would want to join me.

I like to believe I do. Maybe we don't.

Minimally. I like to think of it like visual novel routes; you can take different ones, but they're usually not that much different after all.

The genes, IQ, conscientiousness, family situation, etc, you're born with, as well as your early experiences, mold you to a profound extent. After all of these are set, your choices are limited, and the older you get, more and more options get crossed. For example, I can't really become a soccer star at my age anymore. Even becoming a physician would be really, really unlikely.

Your brain is not the seat of the soul, it is the interface your conciousness uses to interact with and receive input from the universe. If it is damaged or something goes wrong with it, then something goes wrong with "you".

I think we do possess a small amount of free will, but it is insignificant to really change anything.

I dont think I do

Everyone fucking person who isnt mentally handicapped has free will.