Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you eat meat?

Meat

• No, for religious reasons / ethical reasons

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • No, because too expensive / I don't like preparing it

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Yes, out of conviction that man should eat animals

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Yes, out of laziness/practicality/cowardice

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters
Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
@Mainländer

A slaughterhouse was burned by vegan activists in France today, and this led me to think about my meat consumption. I have always felt somewhat dirty eating meat, from an early age. I ate it out of habit, social custom or laziness/practicality rather than a heartfelt conviction man should eat animal cadavers.

This felt dirtiness could be merely a result of "irrational empathy", but under a Gnostic or Buddhist perspective, it can indicate an actual tarnishing of your soul.

I have tried several times to stop my meat consumption, but so far I have always relapsed. I have a soft spot for charcuterie (cold cuts: dry sausages, ham, etc) notably. Ideally I envision myself as someone who does not eat meat.

I do it because it tastes good, and because it's a good mutually beneficial arrangement, unless you buy your meat from (((industrialized farms))). I was vegetarian for a year, but eh, wasn't great and I started doubting the moral superiority of vegetarianism/veganism

It's our nature imo.

I want manko.

I would be a carnivore in Japan.

Na, Vegan for 5 years now

I have thought about stopping meat consumption several times, but before I used the lack of options as an excuse (people in my house organize which dishes are made and whatnot, if I get picky I'll end up eating only rice and beans some days, etc) and now, as much as I agree that raising animals just to kill and eat them is cruel and abhorrent, I still eat meat because I think life IS cruel and abhorrent anyway. Eating other living beings is the basis of life here, even if all humans stopped, animals would still do it. and plants are also living beings anyway.

The true pure way to live would be eating only fruits and things that you can pick from trees without killing them but that's very impractical.

I also enjoy the taste of meat.

Last edited:
Humans can never claim to care about morality until we stop eating meat.

I do it because it tastes good, and because it's a good mutually beneficial arrangement, unless you buy your meat from (((industrialized farms))). I was vegetarian for a year, but eh, wasn't great and I started doubting the moral superiority of vegetarianism/veganism
Can concur, I used to crave meat quite often and used to go to the restaurant to eat a steak au poivre or a pepperoni pizza very guiltily.

The worst is when you are invited to the table of your parents / other people and you have to eat green beans / potatoes while everyone feasts on filet mignon and BBQs.

The worst is when you are invited to the table of your parents / other people and you have to eat green beans / potatoes while everyone feasts on filet mignon and BBQs.
kek, always felt like a little cuck doing so

I only eat meat tbh.

For the taste purposes, I guess. And it's in my culture too.

i do but not often

No. I haven't eaten meat for more than three years now.
By the way, I hate ex-vegans more than normal meat-eaters. They are fucking traitors.

It's natural. If my forebears ate meat i might as well.

I think eating meat is fine since humans are meant to eat meat but how most people around the world treat animals (esp. ones that you eat) is shitty/morally wrong to some extent. I'm not going to stop eating it but I do think there should be at least some more effort made to make the conditions less like a death camp.

No. I haven't eaten meat for more than three years now.
By the way, I hate ex-vegans more than normal meat-eaters. They are fucking traitors.
I agree we are cowards, however it is extremely difficult to stay vegan when everyone around you waves your favorite dishes and meats in front of your face all the time, and you want some comfort food after a very bad day.
Then i'm gonna kill a farmer. Farmers kill vegetables.
While vegetables do have a form of "nervous" system, I doubt they experience pain the same way developed animals do. At the very least, their consciousness is not developed enough to "know" what is happening to them when they're killed.

I eat it, just not every day. All of the dumb vegan hippy virtue signalers out there really annoy me. Most of them only become vegan because it's trendy now. Typical normie herd mentality.

I eat 90% meat. Veganism = Death
I have thought about stopping meat consumption several times, but before I used the lack of options as an excuse (people in my house organize which dishes are made and whatnot, if I get picky I'll end up eating only rice and beans some days, etc) and now, as much as I agree that raising animals just to kill and eat them is cruel and abhorrent, I still eat meat because I think life IS cruel and abhorrent anyway. Eating other living beings is the basis of life here, even if all humans stopped, animals would still do it. and plants are also living beings anyway.

The true pure way to live would be eating only fruits and things that you can pick from trees without killing them but that's very impractical.

I also enjoy the taste of meat.

Don't quit meat it's the only food we need

Ofcourse, but i try to buy high quality meat. If there is no meat or fish on the meal it feels incomplete. idc about being vegan as an incel

Yes cuz im gymcelling and I have problem getting enough protein otherwise since i try to avoid dairy too since it makes me acnecel
I wish i was vegan tbh i might get there eventually

Yes cuz im gymcelling and I have problem getting enough protein otherwise since i try to avoid dairy too since it makes me acnecel
I wish i was vegan tbh i might get there eventually

don't go vegan it's retarded (and so are vegans)

veganism=addiction to carbs/sugars and eat fake foods.

Of course I eat meat. I even had a few friends for dinner !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I eat a whole food plant based vegan diet

I'm not vegan but i usually avoid animal product and eat plat based, i find it more healthy and i feel better from it. And don't listen to anyone here (including me) they don't know shit about health and nutrition, do your own research and learn about it, don't take random people advices.

don't go vegan it's retarded (and so are vegans)

veganism=addiction to carbs/sugars and eat fake foods.
This statement is utter nonsense,makes generalizations and lacks the nuance to differentiate between carbs

I eat meat cause it tastes good, what on earth are those choices on the poll

And no I dont eat dog meat

> Being vegan

20180928 230125
Soyboy34
Soyboy33

If i ever see one I stop at arbys. The last time I ordered I heard them say something under their breath when I asked for fries. They were smiling when they handed me my bag and I saw two workers looking at me from the back.

I tried going vegan for a week but felt extremely weak.

Fucking tastes good man. And easy way to get gains. That's all the reason I need

Proud meat eater here

More like the conviction that it's not morally wrong to eat animals rather than men should eat animals.
Here are some thoughts on why it is not morally wrong:
- If the animal is raised under good conditions, and the killing is fast and painless, you are not causing suffering. So what makes it morally wrong? The fact that you are taking away this animals live? But if you didn't eat meat this life wouldn't have existed in the first place
- It's also kind of just a question where you draw the line. Even for vegan food, animals have to die, for example trillions of incects have to die a slow death due to insecticides. And even if you only buy organic food still animals will die for it, for example while plowing or harvesting the field. So what animals are acceptable to kill and which not? Can you kill invertibrates but not vertebrates? Seems also kind of a arbitrary line for me. As a non-vegetarian you just draw this arbitrary line between animals and humans
But who knows man, maybe I am just trying to rationalize meat consumption to myself, I do feel a little guilty as well while eating meat

I want manko.

I would be a carnivore in Japan.

yeah it's top quality meat but it's not gived at uglys and autistics incels like us anyway

It's also kind of just a question where you draw the line. Even for vegan food, animals have to die, for example trillions of incects have to die a slow death due to insecticides. And even if you only buy organic food still animals will die for it, for example while plowing or harvesting the field. So what animals are acceptable to kill and which not? Can you kill invertibrates but not vertebrates? Seems also kind of a arbitrary line for me. As a non-vegetarian you just draw this arbitrary line between animals and humans
I am not here to convert you but I want to answer your question. It sounds a bit like an appeal to futility. The intent is to reduce the suffering as much as reasonably possible. Nobody expects anyone to be perfect. So any attempts to reduce it are still valid. Animal livestock needs more land (For example from the rainforests so you kill more insects and other animals by consuming them) The appeal to futility logic can be extrapolated onto other things.

I mean why clean parts of the environment when there are still polluted areas everywhere.
Why should we treat people in hospitals when they are gonna die in the end anyway?
Why should we try to stop bullying if people are still getting bullied every day?

If the animal is raised under good conditions, and the killing is fast and painless, you are not causing suffering. So what makes it morally wrong? The fact that you are taking away this animals live? But if you didn't eat meat this life wouldn't have existed in the first place
Well raised animals are slowly becoming an oxymoron. The demand for meat is rising and people want to buy it cheaply. They save a lot of money by raising them poorly. Even farmers who raise their animals well are not going to wait until the animal dies of natural causes. They end the life quite early. So it's even then needless killing that is not necessary. It's also a common practice to take their children away from them after birth which causes stress and suffering

It's also much better if this life never existed. It follows an antinatalist approach.Not existing has never hurt anyone (I apply the same antinatalist approach to humans)

I hope I explained my reasoning :)

Yes i eat meat and i love eating meat. I could never become a vegan because i love eating meat , for almost 4-5 times each week

I'm considering increasing my meat consumption to several kg a week tbh.

I am not here to convert you but I want to answer your question. It sounds a bit like an appeal to futility. The intent is to reduce the suffering as much as reasonably possible. Nobody expects anyone to be perfect. So any attempts to reduce it are still valid. Animal livestock needs more land (For example from the rainforests so you kill more insects and other animals by consuming them) The appeal to futility logic can be extrapolated onto other things.

I mean why clean parts of the environment when there are still polluted areas everywhere.
Why should we treat people in hospitals when they are gonna die in the end anyway?
Why should we try to stop bullying if people are still getting bullied every day?

Well raised animals are slowly becoming an oxymoron. The demand for meat is rising and people want to buy it cheaply. They save a lot of money by raising them poorly. Even farmers who raise their animals well are not going to wait until the animal dies of natural causes. They end the life quite early. So it's even then needless killing that is not necessary. It's also a common practice to take their children away from them after birth which causes stress and suffering

It's also much better if this life never existed. It follows an antinatalist approach.Not existing has never hurt anyone (I apply the same antinatalist approach to humans)

I hope I explained my reasoning :)

Those a some good points, however I don't think a vegan diet necessarily reduces suffering as much as possible or is best for the environment. A meadow on which cattle are raised is much more biologically diverse and closer to nature than a soy field. And to get meat or milk, you just have to kill a small number of cows, for the soy field a much larger amount of animals have to die.

Yes. Its a disgusting act but yes.

The vas majority of all soy fields is used for animal livestock.

You can also do a soy free vegan diet
I know, I just used soy as an example, it's the same problem for wheat, rice, potato or any other kind of crop

I know, I just used soy as an example, it's the same problem for wheat, rice, potato or any other kind of crop
They still use less land and resources. Everything you feed the animals is a lot less efficient due the amount of gained biomass.(You ultimately need more water and food while gaining less biomass in return) Rice and potatoes are also not as damaging as livestock due to this principle

Mass production of livestock is a necessity in our current day and age so they will keep feeding them cheap soy.

They still use less land and resources. Everything you feed the animals is a lot less efficient due the amount of gained biomass.(You ultimately need more water and food while gaining less biomass in return) Rice and potatoes are also not as damaging as livestock due to this principle

Not necessarily. It is possible to just let a meadow grow and do nothing besides letting the livestock keep the grass short. You don't need to use fertilizer, insecticides or herbicides, you don't need to water it in temperate climate zones, and you don't need heavy machinery. So, while still beeing very unefficient regarding land consumption, meadows can be very effecient regarding energy and ressource consumption. Also, the biodiversity of meadows is quite good.

I personally find meat delicious and eat a ton of it. When it comes to the ethics of it, I don't care. Man should kill animals. Man should feel the need to kill animals, and even other men if necessary. When it comes to the health issues, ALL the arguments against meat have been thoroughly debunked, and there are no cholesterol or heart disease risks as long as you don't consume carbs with meat. Fat and proteins were demonized by a government that was heavily subsidized by the corn syrup and sugar industry. The fact that vegan bodybuilders and fitness experts always have to preface their results with a reminder that they're vegan is proof it's a shit diet. It's so obvious when you see vegans that they're emaciated. However, if someone doesn't like the taste of meat or has an ethical objection, they should do whatever they like. I only have a problem when they attempt to justify eating diets that are 90% simple carbs by saying it's "healthier."

Most people who say eating meat makes them feel guilty conveniently forget the six beers and the mountain of mashed potatoes and gravy they had with it.
Yes i eat meat and i love eating meat. I could never become a vegan because i love eating meat , for almost 4-5 times each week
I'm considering increasing my meat consumption to several kg a week tbh.

Not necessarily. It is possible to just let a meadow grow and do nothing besides letting the livestock keep the grass short. You don't need to use fertilizer, insecticides or herbicides, you don't need to water it in temperate climate zones, and you don't need heavy machinery. So, while still beeing very unefficient regarding land consumption, meadows can be very effecient regarding energy and ressource consumption. Also, the biodiversity of meadows is quite good.
It's not a feasible thing regarding the high demand in a free market within the developments of the 21st century . You'd need a small number of them because there is a huge demand for antibiotics if thats not happening. I haven't even talked about their methane production which is destructive for our environments in these quantities that we have never even seen before. We are talking about billions of animals here.Co2 is nothing against that since methans is 23 times more potenr Then again there is no need for it killing and wasting our resources away. We can just get rid of these problems

I eat meat because it tastes good, I don't give a fuck if the animal is suffering, in fact it tastes better knowing the consumed animal suffered a horrible death

Even if I were to stop eating meat billions of others would still do it, so why punish myself