Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Do you ever watch kid shows just to sort of feel like a kid again?

wasted12years

wasted12years

Overlord
★★★★★
I came across an old kid show from 2003 i watched when i was 11 or so. It's an Australian show but dubbed in my language. I saw my niece watching it on TV so i started watching it on youtube for nostalgic sake and to feel like a kid again in a way, i know it sounds like an autistic cope but it kinda helps. When i'm done watching an episode i realize that i'm actually a 28-year old incel so in reality life sucks.

But you kind of get drawned into kids shows easier in a way and forget you're an adult. The plot/story is often more simple and linear.

Yup. That's me alright. the wrost part is no matter how hard I try to focus on the show and forget about my life. It's never the same feeling as when I was a little kid.it only ends up making me feel worth less.

used to but not much anymore, its not the same :feelsrope::feelsrope:

I don't know about that but I watch the same stuff I did as a teenager, not even for the sake of nostalgia, I'm pretty much am a teenager mentally.

Yes, OP, I have a time capsule for the late 90’s as that was before I was a total pariah.

When I was having severe panic attacks I would put on Duckman which was from the 90's at the time it had a calming effect.

If the kid shows are from like the 1950's - 1970's.
Look how decent those kids are back then. I bet they all had both parents. Those are Baby Boomers.

Last edited:
Yup. That's me alright. the wrost part is no matter how hard I try to focus on the show and forget about my life. It's never the same feeling as when I was a little kid.it only ends up making me feel worth less.

Exactly. I play old NES games that I played as a kid. It’s so depressing because I start to think of how lonely I am, how broke I am, how life is so unfair, all the shit I have to do etc. As a kid I guess I was able to block that shit out. I wish I had at least false hope like cucks and orbiters have.

Now that you say it I should watch Drake and Josh

If the kid shows are from like the 1950's - 1970's.
Look how decent those kids are back then. I bet they all had both parents. Those are Baby Boomers.

I watched the whole thing, they are like little adults. Is that tin man and the lion from wizard of Oz?

No man. I would hate being remembered of my childhood.

I watched the whole thing, they are like little adults. Is that tin man and the lion from wizard of Oz?
and they acted like adults. I saw it with my own eyes. My sister is that age and she acted like an adult.
I bet you can't get that tune out of your head. I can't - for FIFTY years.

I use dtor research children's books regarding characters and the symbols it represents. It was actually quite interesting.

I try to watch some early 2000's shows because I admire the nostalgic aspect of it

I go through phases of regression where I watch old cartoons all the time. Does help cope temporarily. Puts me in the head space of better times.

I listen to music from my early teen years and look through old forums/sites. Not really the type of person to repeat watch shows.