Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you find it difficult to relate to/enjoy most forms of media?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
This is the case for me tbh. Considering that most things contain some form of romance, if not outright sex, unless it's handled in a very specific and indirect or implied manner, best case scenario is that I just struggle to relate to the material. Stuff like that doesn't bother me quite as much as it used to(as I can associate some of the lighter themes with my waifu), but it definitely still does bother me, primarily because I'm immediately reminded that I'm a perpetual reject.

I suppose sex/romance is so commonplace in media because people can relate to it, they think of relatively positive experiences from their own lives, however for the most part, all that this shit invokes in me is memories of getting bullied and humiliated.

I don't like sexualized or romanticized content. I can't watch 3D or western media, because it makes me feel uncomfortable, but I don't really have an issue with anime. Even romance anime doesn't bother me, and I enjoy some romance anime. I guess can't "relate" to it, because I've never experienced it, but I still enjoy watching it.

I don't like sexualized or romanticized content. I can't watch 3D or western media, because it makes me feel uncomfortable, but I don't really have an issue with anime. Even romance anime doesn't bother me, and I enjoy some romance anime. I guess can't "relate" to it, because I've never experienced it, but I still enjoy watching it.
Yeah it's definitely 3D/western stuff that bothers me the most as well. As for anime, well it really depends upon the context, but I typically don't like it unless it's handled in a very specific way. Although I generally avoid anything with a romance tag, if nothing else then because it's not usually the type of content that I enjoy.

yea, romance oriented animus are usually designed for self insertion. I quite like it tbh

I can only listen to metal because all normie music is about love and sex.

yea, romance oriented animus are usually designed for self insertion. I quite like it tbh
They're created by ricecels, probably why :feelsokman: