Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you think identifying as an incel made you think you're uglier than you really are?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
There was always something in my life that I could blame for my lack of success with women.

I was a fat kid, so I blamed it on that. In highschool I became anorexic, barely ate, and yet obviously I had no success. People told me I looked too bony, they were kinda freaked out. Also there was that whole acne shit going on that still is on my face. Later in life I was an alcoholic for a while so I got to blame it on that. Then my balding became pretty obvious (started very early) and I got to blame it on that.

But I never really thought of myself as ugly. Pretty much thought that if I lost weight, got buff and took care of my acne and maybe stopped my balding somehow, I'd get some.

Eventually though, I stopped lying to myself. I now know I'm ugly. But there's that tiny thought in my head that always makes me thing that maybe I'm not that ugly and it's just my imagination.

Last edited:
I used to blame my achne then I blamed being overweight and unfit, then in my early 20s I looksmaxed pretty nice, clear skin, not ripped but in decent shape did nofap, showers... still got mogged hard everywhere I went and failed to get a gf. Had nothing left to blame except things I couldn't change and that's when I became depressed.

It's made me more self-aware of the physical attributes that hold me back.

I used to cope really hard and try to bury the knowledge of my ugliness, at least in the years following when I left school. I used to tell myself that it was just the fat, that I'm not too bad looking now. However even back then, when I would take pictures of myself it would all come back to me, and I'd try to angle fraud them really hard. I'd tell myself that I just look weird in pictures, that I look better in motion.

It was all cope, I don't get IOIs, I've never got one in my life. Not to mention that I've had zero success online, even years ago when I was 18 or so, before Tinder was popular, so I couldn't blame it on me being a social retard either.

I'm just genuinely ugly.

I used to cope really hard and try to bury the knowledge of my ugliness, at least in the years following when I left school. I used to tell myself that it was just the fat, that I'm not too bad looking now. However even back then, when I would take pictures of myself it would all come back to me, and I'd try to angle fraud them really hard. I'd tell myself that I just look weird in pictures, that I look better in motion.

It was all cope, I don't get IOIs, I've never got one in my life. Not to mention that I've had zero success online, even years ago when I was 18 or so, before Tinder was popular, so I couldn't blame it on me being a social retard either.

I'm just genuinely ugly.
Ohh yeah I always thought it was just the bad lighting or something with the pics. I always hated how I looked in them, but now it makes sense.

no, the opposite is usually true

I’m actually ugly tbh. There’s a reason why I never had social media

I’m actually ugly tbh. There’s a reason why I never had social media
Well I never posted an image on social media either. I only use it to message people for work and in the past for uni. Changed my name now though, I'm not even using my real name on facebook.

I'm actually uglier than I think I am.
I look at the mirror and am like "wow not that bad looking. Only acne and nose needs to be fixed."
Then being encouraged I take a photo. And it always crushes my self esteem so hard. I drop at least 2 points in photos. In the mirror I'm a 4.5/10, in pics a legit 2.5/10.
My face can't be fixed but I'm still planning on getting surgeries so I can at least stand looking at photos without having the urge to fucking end my miserable ugly existence.

Nope, I know exactly how ugly I am.

No, I always knew I was 2-3/10 genetic trash since high school. When you're a truecel like me, people will let you know that you're ugly. I've been called ugly probably over 100 times throughout my life. Finding the incel subreddit saved me from going insane

No, but it may have helped in understanding certain features that may help if surgery was done.

I dont know but i always knew my place

no, I am good at objectively judging myself and I know without a doubt I am subhuman.