Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

do you think its better to have friends than none at all, knowing friendships never last long?

• Thread starter Deleted member 32255
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32255

Self-banned
-
throughout my life i've only had two friends, which i related to and we shared personal things. one of them just kept ignoring me eventually and seeing him with other friends made me think i was a waste of time to him. the other one called me names and told me to never talk to him again, i was just there to entertain him and our friendship was never real. i'm certain this has to do with my appearance, causing me to have low social status. they try to convince me they're just averted to close relationships and imply that they want to be left alone in general, but i don't think that's why, they're probably embarrassed to keep me in their social circle and i am no longer of their interest.

all of these fags are just a waste of my time really but i wonder, if i withdraw from society COMPLETELY (both online and off) and avoid close relationships, i will feel lonely and shit, in spite of fucking hating people. i feel even a pet won't replace that loneliness, i've considered getting one to distract me from forming pointless relationships with people, since i never had a pet for a long time. do you think its better to form these relationships that end brutally to keep one from going mad? or is just talking to people without taking them seriously all that is needed? i feel if i just went around being a careless low inhib dick, not getting along with anyone, it will still satisfy my longing for human interaction.

I still have the same friends so I can't relate.

Depends on the friendship, if its truly something special, I wouldnt care when will it end as long as Im having fun

I have no friends and I'm pretty miserable regardless

If I did have some then I'd atleast have things to do aside from cooming and playing videogames

You are a manlet so obviously they don't want to be associated with you

I have no friends

The only friend I want is a girl.
GF.

I like my doggie fren!

Best dog ever!

Very of funny and nice!

Just take what's in front of you, bruh

Just don't invest too much or try too hard, bruh

Just remember you had at least a few homies when you were young, bruh

throughout my life i've only had two friends, which i related to and we shared personal things. one of them just kept ignoring me eventually and seeing him with other friends made me think i was a waste of time to him. the other one called me names and told me to never talk to him again, i was just there to entertain him and our friendship was never real. i'm certain this has to do with my appearance, causing me to have low social status. they try to convince me they're just averted to close relationships and imply that they want to be left alone in general, but i don't think that's why, they're probably embarrassed to keep me in their social circle and i am no longer of their interest.

all of these fags are just a waste of my time really but i wonder, if i withdraw from society COMPLETELY (both online and off) and avoid close relationships, i will feel lonely and shit, in spite of fucking hating people. i feel even a pet won't replace that loneliness, i've considered getting one to distract me from forming pointless relationships with people, since i never had a pet for a long time. do you think its better to form these relationships that end brutally to keep one from going mad? or is just talking to people without taking them seriously all that is needed? i feel if i just went around being a careless low inhib dick, not getting along with anyone, it will still satisfy my longing for human interaction.

I think it was completely necessary that I had friends so that I could realize without any doubt in my mind (or regret) that I don't need any friends at all

For some things, the worth of the experience is in knowing for a fact that the experience means nothing to you

Had you not experienced it yourself, you would doubt your own path in life

I can go about pursuing the path I have set out (changing my name, leaving my country, etc) BECAUSE I've experienced having a family and having friends, and as cruel as it might sound, they are really overhyped.

I just need food, entertainment, a roof over my head and a warm bed to sleep in, I'm not really the "missing" type, I don't miss family or friends, and I'd never really know that unless I had someone to miss to begin with

Go for a walk and look at the sky. That’s the only stable thing in this world.

the "maintenance" required for friendships and relationships just seems too difficult. better for me to LDAR alone in peace

the "maintenance" required for friendships and relationships just seems too difficult. better for me to LDAR alone in peace

For me what I noticed is that people just "grow apart", as we grow older our perspectives on life change, and become more and more extreme on the ends of each spectrum, and when yours are no longer aligned with your friends, that's when you guys truly stop being friends

I have my "best friend" in my contact list, we barely talk, only talked like once a few days ago after many months of not talking at all

Our interests are no longer aligned and we are on different paths in life

If I'm completely honest, if he truly knew the person I am not, he probably wouldn't like it lol (and would want nothing to do with me)

Either way I plan on leaving all of my connections in the past when I start my new life, so it won't matter then, I'll say my final good byes to friends and family, and then off I go, never to return

i dont need friends, i just want a girl.

i guess friends are useful if you believe in social maxxing

I used to have my own business in an upwardly-mobile tech community. People invited me to their homes very often, or out for dinners... I spent holidays with clients and their families. They invited me into their deeply private lives. I'm not boasting. I shared that to underscore how PROFOUNDLY DEPRESSED I was being among them. I got so depressed always seeing these beautiful, loved beings who'd, after an hour or two tolerating me (a kind of valuable pet to them), would go home and enjoy satisfying physical and emotional intimacy with their close communities. Not to mention witnessing how much society in general adores these people--how much dignity and kindness they just ... GET. While with me, it's like pulling teeth just NOT to get others to shit on me. It all just made the contrast between my life and theirs too much to bear.

For the past few years, I've been a hermit. Long before the pandemic, I've been working from home. I haven't had a "conversation" in YEARS. Of course I'm very lonely. But I know what I am. And I know, after decades of trying everything from therapy to pharmaceuticals to self-help books to expensive seminars on self-change..., that there was/is no hope for me. Having friends only highlights my loneliness because at the end of the day, I go home to an empty house. And I know that I'm such a low priority where my friends are concerned (for them, their first priority is the person they're sleeping with or their kids--understandable) that I have to be there for myself. They enjoy having others to shoulder their life-burdens, to share the costs, to BUILD futures with. People like me, everything is costlier, harder... because we gotta do it alone.

tbh sometimes "friends" come in useful but sometimes they don't. And they feel the same way about you.

I used to have friends at school. One or two. But I haven’t seen them in over a decade. Don‘t miss them either.