Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you think you'd act codependently if you "ascended"? Do you believe in codependency as a necessarily pathological condition in the case of incels?

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
Definition of codependency from Wikipedia:

Codependency is a behavioral condition in a relationship where one person enables another person's addiction, poor mental health, immaturity, irresponsibility, or under-achievement.[1] Among the core characteristics of codependency is an excessive reliance on other people for approval and a sense of identity.[1] Definitions of codependency vary, but it is generally defined as a subclinical, situational, and/or episodic behavioral condition similar to that of dependent personality disorder. The term is less individually diagnostic and more descriptive of a relationship dynamic.[1]

I question to what extent you can accurately diagnose an ugly incel or even low tier normie who happened to "ascend" (like I said in my other thread, statistically through betabuxxing or BPDs) as a "codependent", as a pathology that necessarily stems from some childhood trauma or something, for wanting to cling to his partner despite her many flaws and problematic behavior, when it's clear that such desperate behavior is heavily influenced by extreme sexual and romantic starvation over the course of years and knowledge that you won't find another partner easily at all.

It's like a person who gets treated poorly in their job but is still desperate not to lose it because they know they have no other better options and having a job beats homelessness/starvation. I know we don't physically need sex and relationships to survive like we do with food, but 99% of people are still not able to satisfactorily live without them.

I think that codependency stuff is only a thing in modern western feminist societies, really. If we lived in a functional society, you'd be able to just discipline your wife if she disrespected you and stop her when she wanted to engage in dumb foid undesirable/bad-for-self behavior, like we do with children. With time, she'd learn not to do it anymore (remember that foids are the ultimate comformists - without clown world soyciety enabling them, they wouldn't behave nearly as bad as they do today). Parents won't usually be codependent towards their small children because they have authority over them, for instance.

What do you think about the concept of codependency, @Atavistic Autist ? True or meme?

Last edited:
Yeah. If u solve one of your problems u can focus and work on others.
We are fucked on one of the most basic needs a human can have.

I actually do fairly well in terms of things like personal health & managing responsibilities as it is. I understand why many incels are depressed and dysfunctional as a result of their condition but I don't think you should let foids opinion of you destroy your entire life and future tbh

Yeah. If u solve one of your problems u can focus and work on others.
We are fucked on one of the most basic needs a human can have.
One step at a time
Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs.jpg

I shall cum in the codependently pussy

Interesting thread, and too High IQ for me to understand what any of it means, despite the fact that I've read all of it. :feelsrope:

Who knows, we could say some based stuff but i saw many married people taking shit for years, i guess we'll never know.

Interesting thread, and too High IQ for me to understand what any of it means, despite the fact that I've read all of it. :feelsrope:
Cliffs: can ugly, lonely, desperate men really be considered to necessarily suffer from a condition if they want to cling to partners who are toxic to them, considering that they have been lonely and affection- / sexually-starved for years and have no better options?

Cliffs: can ugly, lonely, desperate men really be considered to suffer from a condition if they want to cling to foids who are toxic to them, considering that they have been lonely and sexually-starved for years and have no better options?
I mean of course not, it can't lead to anywhere good, but I can understand why a lonely man would take whatever he can get. It's a sad thing.

I know we don't physically need sex and relationships to survive

It's like saying "we don't need cancer treatment to survive" because cancer will not kill you today like a bullet.

Yes we do, loneliness harms you physically in almost every way and will lead to an early death. That's a fact.

t's like saying "we don't need cancer treatment to survive" because cancer will not kill you today like a bullet.

Yes we do, loneliness harms you physically in almost every way and will lead to an early death. That's a fact.
I agree, I wrote that part just as a caveat to IT types reading it, really.