Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else have an all or nothing personality? I mean, going all the way to the max on something or not at all.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
It's a really big flaw of mine.

I realize now that this is why I uninstall video games in 5 minutes, despite searching every day for hours for years now, for a game to play. It's cause I can't moderate. I don't just play for a few minutes, close the game, play again later or another day. No, I either go ALL IN, play for 12 or 16 hours a day, or I uninstall the game altogether.
Like, today I finally was tired of not finishing games and deleting everything all the time so I forced myself and I finished the game "Dishonored" in just 1 day, played for like 10 or 12 hours, finished it on the hardest difficulty. Couldn't just space it out over a few days, no, had to for some fucking reason to waste the entire day playing this. Didn't even enjoy it really, plus I played this game years ago too. Or how I kept uninstalling and reinstalling certain game hundreds of times, every day going through the cycle, cause I'd tell myself "this time for sure I'll play it a lot", then I tell myself I won't play it at all, and I go through the cycle of installing and uninstalling.

Same way I ruined my life and my parent's lives and my health with alcohol when I used to drink (quit a few years ago now). I drank so much I woke up in the hospital without remembering how I got there a few times. I couldn't just drink a little bit and get tipsy and buzzed. No, even though I was drinking alone in my room, I drank fucking entire bottles of vodka, liters a day every fucking day, got absolutely wasted.

Yeah, basically everything in my life is like that. I can't moderate. I rot 16 hours a day, I've rotted as much as possible in life. Cause I can't just take a break and exercise or do something productive intermittently - no, I have to be comfy, lying in bed browsing and watching shit on my laptop 24/7. Same with work - I postpone it as much as possible, but when I do it I wanna fucking do it now, 12 hours if it takes but I wanna be done and finish that shit if I start it. So I can finish and go back to rotting again of course, fuck I hate work.

Last edited:
Same, I'm a go hard or go home kind of person.
Here's a good way to get shit you want to do done with this personality.
Get the important shit out of the day as soon as you wake up.
Don't even look at your phone or turn on your computer.
Get your workouts and other stuff you want to do in the day done right away.
When you are done it all, only then start gaming, .co spying, and whatever else you usually rot doing

I realize now that this is why I uninstall video games in 5 minutes, despite searching every day for hours for years now, for a game to play. It's cause I can't moderate. I don't just play for a few minutes, close the game, play again later or another day. No, I either go ALL IN, play for 12 or 16 hours a day, or I uninstall the game altogether. Or how I kept uninstalling and reinstalling certain game hundreds of times, every day going through the cycle, cause I'd tell myself "this time for sure I'll play it a lot", then I tell myself I won't play it at all, and I go through the cycle of installing and uninstalling.

Same way I ruined my life and my parent's lives and my health with alcohol when I used to drink (quit a few years ago now). I drank so much I woke up in the hospital without remembering how I got there a few times. I couldn't just drink a little bit and get tipsy and buzzed. No, even though I was drinking alone in my room, I drank fucking entire bottles of vodka, liters a day every fucking day, got absolutely wasted.

Yeah, basically everything in my life is like that. I can't moderate. I rot 16 hours a day, I've rotted as much as possible in life. Cause I can't just take a break and exercise or do something productive intermittently - no, I have to be comfy, lying in bed browsing and watching shit on my laptop 24/7. Same with work - I postpone it as much as possible, but when I do it I wanna fucking do it now, 12 hours if it takes but I wanna be done and finish that shit if I start it. So I can finish and go back to rotting again of course, fuck I hate work.
I can go hard when I feel motivated to, like with studymaxxing and the like

When you are done it all, only then start gaming, .co spying, and whatever else you usually rot doing
Haha, good point, I do that too when I do have something to do. I get it out of the way asap. Although some other times I procrastinate for weeks if possible, but either way I do it in a quick burst, not like a normal person dividing the labor over days or weeks. Sucks for big projects though, those that take weeks, like writing a thesis. God I fucking hate that, and I have to write another one starting in a few weeks. Gonna have to spend hours every day for weeks.

But yeah, you've got a good method there. I even went as far as to remove as many responsibilities and things to do in life, I just hate having things looming over me. If I have to do something a week from now then it fucking weighs on me. That's why I hate having so many teeth problems, now the need to go to the dentist looms over me. On the other hand, the fact that I'm basically bald allows me to not go to the hairdresser as much, now I can just clip my own hair every few months and be done with it.
I can go hard when I feel motivated to, like with studymaxxing and the like
Well, when it comes to work/studying, I usually don't go at all. Unless I absolutely have to, postponed it as much as possible and now I HAVE to do that shit. Or the other way around, maybe I just do it as much as possible, rushing it now so I can forget about that shit, but that doesn't always work.

Last edited:
i believe the normie life is something like a cycle of mostly positive events and many 'happy interruptions' let's call them, things that get you used to performing activities in neat chunks, rather than binges, whether it's work or leisure or something else.

lots of things come and go in your active life and you are aware of it, so you just focus and get things done at the right time, because you know there's something else coming, likely something good like meeting with friends or big outing with the family, so you innately know you can't just binge on work or fun activities because they'll be interrupted.
obviously you don't care as much when there's an unpleasant event on the way, like a dentist visit or something, because you know that very soon there will be another happy event, and indeed there might be a happy interruption right when you're trying to ruminate about the bad event in the first place.

the loner life doesn't have this so it tends to lapse into lethargy, binges and just really weird behavior all around, since there's nothing guiding it or giving it structure.

i believe the normie life is something like a cycle of mostly positive events and many 'happy interruptions' let's call them, things that get you used to performing activities in neat chunks, rather than binges, whether it's work or leisure or something else.

lots of things come and go in your active life and you are aware of it, so you just focus and get things done at the right time, because you know there's something else coming, likely something good like meeting with friends or big outing with the family, so you innately know you can't just binge on work or fun activities because they'll be interrupted.
obviously you don't care as much when there's an unpleasant event on the way, like a dentist visit or something, because you know that very soon there will be another happy event, and indeed there might be a happy interruption right when you're trying to ruminate about the bad event in the first place.

the loner life doesn't have this so it tends to lapse into lethargy, binges and just really weird behavior all around, since there's nothing guiding it or giving it structure.
Ohh wow that's very insightful, very well said. And I feel that it's true, it resonates with me, does explain a lot.

Ohh wow that's very insightful, very well said. And I feel that it's true, it resonates with me, does explain a lot.
no problem. tbh it's easier to think about this stuff when someone else poses the question.

I was the same way with drinking. I never saw the point in drinking 1 or 2 beers. I had to drink myself to sleep every night.

I realize now that this is why I uninstall video games in 5 minutes, despite searching every day for hours for years now, for a game to play. It's cause I can't moderate. I don't just play for a few minutes, close the game, play again later or another day. No, I either go ALL IN, play for 12 or 16 hours a day, or I uninstall the game altogether.
Like, today I finally was tired of not finishing games and deleting everything all the time so I forced myself and I finished the game "Dishonored" in just 1 day, played for like 10 or 12 hours, finished it on the hardest difficulty. Couldn't just space it out over a few days, no, had to for some fucking reason to waste the entire day playing this. Didn't even enjoy it really, plus I played this game years ago too. Or how I kept uninstalling and reinstalling certain game hundreds of times, every day going through the cycle, cause I'd tell myself "this time for sure I'll play it a lot", then I tell myself I won't play it at all, and I go through the cycle of installing and uninstalling.

I have a similar mentality. Fuck it's so hard when you have low serotonin and no friends/clique/peer gang to focus on work, especially mental work like school studies. It's fucking terrifying and hell like

Based.

I'm this way but nowadays it mainly applies to video games. I'm very fat and unhealthy now but im my early 20s I had a complete obsession with my weight and would monitor calories, run 3.5 miles every morning even if my legs ached. I'm also bipolar too so that might go along with it.

Something happened in my late 20s though, I came to a "big realization" and I think all of us here go through it. Mine wasn't just about women though but other aspects of who I am. I realized I was more miserable being super healthy and stopped caring, THEN I became a complete glutton and still am. I've tried controlling it but I simply can't due to the numerous meds I take and how eating helps me cope with shit I deal with irl. I've accepted im going to die of an obesity related illness and don't care much.

But like I said before, it mainly applies to video games. If I start playing Dark Souls I must go full aspergers with a planned out build using mugen, have to do each boss at an "appropriate level" etc. When I play pokemon I breed perfect 'mons for hours to get great IVs, EV train them and..yet I never do competitive. I'll just go all out on a game and then crash, forget about it and do nothing but eat/fap.

I've never been able to apply this attitude in a "healthy" normie friendly way. I do think its part of my autism (yes) and other mental illnesses though. I become obsessive very easily.

I'm this way but nowadays it mainly applies to video games. I'm very fat and unhealthy now but im my early 20s I had a complete obsession with my weight and would monitor calories, run 3.5 miles every morning even if my legs ached. I'm also bipolar too so that might go along with it.

Something happened in my late 20s though, I came to a "big realization" and I think all of us here go through it. Mine wasn't just about women though but other aspects of who I am. I realized I was more miserable being super healthy and stopped caring, THEN I became a complete glutton and still am. I've tried controlling it but I simply can't due to the numerous meds I take and how eating helps me cope with shit I deal with irl. I've accepted im going to die of an obesity related illness and don't care much.

But like I said before, it mainly applies to video games. If I start playing Dark Souls I must go full aspergers with a planned out build using mugen, have to do each boss at an "appropriate level" etc. When I play pokemon I breed perfect 'mons for hours to get great IVs, EV train them and..yet I never do competitive. I'll just go all out on a game and then crash, forget about it and do nothing but eat/fap.

I've never been able to apply this attitude in a "healthy" normie friendly way. I do think its part of my autism (yes) and other mental illnesses though. I become obsessive very easily.
I went through something similar. I was a bit fat as a teen (not that fat but a bit of belly) so I was teased about it, so in highschool I was anorexic, got really skinny. But people told me I looked worse, so after a year and a half or maybe even two I don't recall, I went back to being fat and I never cared about being skinny again, too much effort for no reward. I do suggest you look out for your health though, being fat hurts your organs and heart especially.

Damn, I relate to doing all this shit and going to such lengths in unhealthy or pointless activities, but for anything productive I don't do squat.