Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else here have delusions of grandeur? I mean, I'm actually very humble now, but at the same time I feel like I'm the protagonist.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
It's a weird juxtaposition. I'm very quiet and always have been. Life also made me very, very humble. I'm not that selfish either, although I've spent the last decade rotting so what do I know.

But there's this deep feeling that I just can't shake. A fundamental part of me, that feels like I am meant for greatness. Like I am the protagonist of this world. That I'm going to reach incredible heights. But I don't really believe that at all, it's just my brain playing toying with my emotions.

Of course, with every passing year this just gets sillier and sillier. I've really fallen hard, I'm now well below average in every conceivable way. Calling myself a loser sound edgy and cringe, but god damn I really am a complete failure in so many ways. Not one aspect of life that I can think of where I'm not a loser. Even among most of this forum, I'm one of the biggest losers in so many ways: career, education, money, life experiences, social circle etc... Anything that matters.

Last edited:
yes when I was younger, I thought I would be next Hitler or bill Gates or some shit. ofc none of this will happen

Nope I'm a low iq NPC.

I have visions 24/7 of supervillianmaxxing

I feel like the protagonist aswell. Thats why I try to work towards a chance to turn my life into a story.

No idea if there ever comes a point of no return. In the end you can still go ER but I doubt that would fulfill you in your final moments. You would simply do it for the people to come after you and celebrate what you did.

Everyone feels like they are the protagonist

Your avoidant personality (presumably caused by autism) naturally lends itself to a sense of narcissism.

I used to have massive delusions of protagonist-ism, I truly felt like the only person really alive, that everyone else was an NPC.

That’s because I used to be at the center of attention all the time, I was always the school’s infamous troublemaker to the point pretty much everyone was affected by me, the staff had to put significant effort to deal with me.

Then I became too old to get away with my actually criminal behaviour, put that with moving to a new country and I became too high-inhib and increasingly withdrawn. Throughout highschool I avoided people and just played vidya when I went home, seeing other people party, go out, and grow up through experiences, have relationships etc. made me feel so alienated, and made me realize I AM the NPC with no life and no depth, background decorum , I wouldn’t speak and would minimally interact with people. I would just leave people’s peripheral sight and come back unchanged the next day.

Yes,these delusions become truly grandiose too,like I become some bigger than life omnipotent figure or some almost absurd James Bond villian .

I have it too, n the media we consume definitely plays a heavy role.

sounds like u are on meth sweaty

I wish I could get back to this solipsistic way of perceiving the world. It gave my life some sense of hope and excitement but went away with the agepill after I saw that even the most successful people from college were living a life of mediocrity. It's exactly what the media wants us to feel during our formative years to make sure that there's a next generation of consoomers in the making. Then when all your own dreams have fallen apart the media will sell you surrogate experiences and achievements instead.