Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else think that words, language - they limit your mind, they make it think in certain parameters.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I feel like the most true and deep thoughts I have are impossible to translate into language. They're just raw thoughts, unrestrained by the shackles and limitations of a language.

But I don't mean that they're overly intelligent and above language. Not at all. It's just that this universe, this life is so profound and confusing, language is not only an imperfect tool to describe and analyze it, but it's also suppressing our ability to do those things by making us always think in words and other constraints. Limiting ourselves to this framework of thought.

An additional point is that our thinking in language makes it easier to repeat habits. Certain thought patterns are triggered and repeated when using language as our way of thinking, instead of letting thought and emotion flow freely.

Maybe I'm spouting nonsense. But certain moods can't help but inspire such thoughts.

I feel like I can do it but it just takes way too many words

Like Im pretty sure some of you guys would relate so some feels that I feel but getting to that point is just too much effort

SOmetimes I write a post and then just scrap it when I realize its too long and nobodys gonna read that

I feel like the most true and deep thoughts I have are impossible to translate into language. They're just raw thoughts, unrestrained by the shackles and limitations of a language.

But I don't mean that they're overly intelligent and above language. Not at all. It's just that this universe, this life is so profound and confusing, language is not only an imperfect tool to describe and analyze it, but it's also suppressing our ability to do those things by making us always think in words and other constraints. Limiting ourselves to this framework of thought.

An additional point is that our thinking in language makes it easier to repeat habits. Certain thought patterns are triggered and repeated when using language as our way of thinking, instead of letting thought and emotion flow freely.

Maybe I'm spouting nonsense. But certain moods can't help but inspire such thoughts.
As Ludwig Wittgenstein would say, "The limits of my language means the limits of my world." Nothing new under the sun, m8.

foids use language
it all makes sense now

It's true, but I suspect English is one of the the least restrictive languages in those terms.
There are limits to language, and many paradoxes arise from the difficulty of expressing things fully with words and definitions, rather than true contradictions.
But I've always been impressed by the ability of English to express ideas and concepts I would have thought unexpressible.

As Ludwig Wittgenstein would say, "The limits of my language means the limits of my world." Nothing new under the sun, m8.
Of course, my thoughts aren't original, but they did pop into my head randomly. I just felt like making this post, to see what you guys think.
I feel like I can do it but it just takes way too many words

Like Im pretty sure some of you guys would relate so some feels that I feel but getting to that point is just too much effort

SOmetimes I write a post and then just scrap it when I realize its too long and nobodys gonna read that
Ohh yes, sometimes expressing those things is very verbose. Though the bigger problem that I've encountered is that it's so easy to misunderstand. It's so hard to communicate accurately since both the one who reads and the one who writes live in their own worlds and interpret things differently. People focus on different keywords and such. I find that those vague feelings and thoughts are nigh impossible to express.

Last edited:
Of course, my thoughts aren't original, but they did pop into my head randomly. I just felt like making this post, to see what you guys think.
Sure, it was just to point you were not alone in this "feeling" or whatever it is.

It gets multiplied like by 100 if Ido a high dose of psychedelics. They truly catapult me to the unspeakable, to the ineffable.

We're humans, this is a limitation. You are incel because your brain forces you to reproduce, if you were an highly intellectual entity, you wouldn't care about these.

Last edited:
Sure, it was just to point you were not alone in this "feeling" or whatever it is.

It gets multiplied like by 100 if Ido a high dose of psychedelics. They truly catapult me to the unspeakable, to the ineffable.
Ahh, how I regret that I'll never be able to get psychedelics or even weed ever again. Truly a tragedy.

But we think in images. Then we translate these images into speech. Otherwise, no one except us will understand what we are thinking.

Ahh, how I regret that I'll never be able to get psychedelics or even weed ever again. Truly a tragedy.
Why? Are you on medication?

It's true, but I suspect English is one of the the least restrictive languages in those terms.
There are limits to language, and many paradoxes arise from the difficulty of expressing things fully with words and definitions, rather than true contradictions.
But I've always been impressed by the ability of English to express ideas and concepts I would have thought unexpressible.

Ive always felt the opposite. English seems like a very generalized language that lacks depth.

Ive always felt the opposite. English seems like a very generalized language that lacks depth.

I think writers like Shakespeare express very difficult to express concepts.
It goes past subtext to a text that's more felt than directly understood.
It's such a rich language that takes on the characteristics of other languages that it borrows from, due to its patchwork nature.
It's hard to learn for foreign language speakers because it's so complex and malleable, and it's not bound so much by grammatical rules as other languages.

Also, I know Korean (the only other language I know), and that language seems really weak and simplistic in comparison.
I've read a book in Korean and its translation (I Have the Right to Destroy Myself) in English, and it gained in the translation by adding different "cloaks" of meanings to the words.

When you do psychedelics you definitely feel that way.