Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Does anyone feel like normies are harder to talk to than 20 years ago?

VirginAutistManlet

VirginAutistManlet

Mythic
★★★★★
I look back in the 90s and very early 2000s and I remember normies being much easier to deal with, and engage with, now all normies seem shut off in their own worlds and cliques, stuck to the phones, autistically locked in their own world, less willing to listen to you unless you're part of their clique and having the same opinion as them, etc.

I know shit was never perfect, but even faggoty nerdy bitch beta cucks act like they're some cool hip celebrities who act as if theyre above you even though in reality theyre just completely uninteresting average trash normies with nothing to offer.

Social media has fucked up the normies brain to a point I didnt even know was possible.

Im saying this as someone who is diagonsed with autism, and even for me, back in the 90s/early 00s people would be much more able to talk to me and engage with me, but now that is impossible, normies have no way to deal with people like me, even though everyone is supposed to be progressive, it seems normies are too socially autistic to even deal with autistic people like me anymore, or people just no longer have any patience

normies don't even live in a society dedsrs

You can't have a productive conversation with an NPC, only interact with it and get the same responses.

Harder to convince to search lolis for me

normies don't even live in a society dedsrs

What you mean?

When i speak to age 50+ boomers, theyre the only people who I think I can talk to properly. Maybe someone in their 40s as well, but anyone my age (30s or under) I just hit a wall and theres 0 bonding capability.

yeah, you can still talk to old people, but younger ones just have shit for brains and only understand status, low or inconclusive status = should not talk to this person about anything, no matter what, even if we have a hobby in common

i've had plenty of convos die almost immediately when approaching people even when we had a subject to talk about like an event we've both been to, they just autistically walked away after a few one word answers

I'm not old enough to talk about what it was like in the 90s or anything but I do feel, like you, that older people are much more pleasant to talk to. This is because young people seem to only care and know about the latest trends and their entire day revolves around reading social media messages and keeping up to date with whatever's popular now. They come off as some sort of hive mind to me.

People of older generations actually have interests of their own, they don't have a reason to move along with the flow of retarded trends. They are more open-minded and are willing to talk even about stuff they don't really know much about whereas normalfags in their teens/20s are very close-minded and quick to avoid anyone who act too different.

It's interesting how people always act like the modern west is so individualistic and we're all free to explore ourselves when in reality, the newer generations are extremely collectivist and all wear the exact same clothes, listen to the same music, watch the same movies (if they even have the attention-span for that anymore) etc.

i want to be back in 2005 , before smartphones took over this world and our minds .
It was easier back then .

I don't talk with them now and I didnt talk with them then

I don't talk with them now and I didnt talk with them then

Im not saying I really did either, but when I did, there wasn't this huge wall, and they were much more open and willing, now it is like everyone is shut off in their own world.

You could attribute unprecedented societal changes maybe idk, boomers will blame technology lol

I know shit was never perfect, but even faggoty nerdy bitch beta cucks act like they're some cool hip celebrities who act as if theyre above you even though in reality theyre just completely uninteresting average trash normies with nothing to offer.
This. I seriously don't understand what makes these guys attractive to women and not us. It's fair enough to say they just look objectively better than us but its not even that drastic of a difference. They're definitely not Chad's atleast. *sigh* I just continue to grow more weary of this world and life.

Last edited:
I remember friend groups were much more evenly distributed in terms of looks, you would always have the 'ugly friend' and likewise the pussy magnet or the ladies man of the group and normies inbetween. Now it's much more segregated, Chad's only hang with fellow Chad's normies hang with normies, and the proverbial ugly friend is now isolated and alone heating up his microwaveable meal for one before he commits to 5 hours staring at a flickering blue screen on a saturday night.

Some normies are easy to talk with but most are hard to talk to. Harder than chads dick for prime JB pussy

i wasnt alive in the 90s ngl

Even in 2010 it was easier.

I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here and say that a big part of why you're treated so poorly now is due to the fact that you're older than you were in the 90's.
Once you look like a grown man, people are intimidated, and are reluctant to socialize with you. This is not to say that people haven't gotten more standoffish since the advent of the internet/smartphone; they have.

i can't say because I'm not that old but i can say it does seem like most young people act like they're cooler than everyone and extremely important for no reason

I was 2, almost 3 20 years ago. I can hold a conversation with older people very well, but as soon as I talk to someone my age or younger they just seem like talking to a shitty artificial intelligence, like Cleverbot can give more intelligent responses, ngl. Women are almost entirely impossible to talk to, and even if you do get them to talk, it’s all narcissistic and vain praise of themselves. Western women make me fucking sick.

everything was better in the 2000s

Yeah and they're angrier and more self absorbed too.

Most people are always on their phone, so there's no one to talk to anymore. If you're not inside a group, it's hard to make friends.

I remember friend groups were much more evenly distributed in terms of looks, you would always have the 'ugly friend' and likewise the pussy magnet or the ladies man of the group and normies inbetween. Now it's much more segregated, Chad's only hang with fellow Chad's normies hang with normies, and the proverbial ugly friend is now isolated and alone heating up his microwaveable meal for one before he commits to 5 hours staring at a flickering blue screen on a saturday night.

Social media was humanities 21st century Pandora’s box. I actually can’t comprehend how a society like this is even sustainable. The pace of change between just Gen X and Gen Z might as well be two different universes.

I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here and say that a big part of why you're treated so poorly now is due to the fact that you're older than you were in the 90's.
Once you look like a grown man, people are intimidated, and are reluctant to socialize with you. This is not to say that people haven't gotten more standoffish since the advent of the internet/smartphone; they have.
This is what it is most likely, high IQ ngl, I have no such experience personally. Ugly is ugly.

Yh there's that too to consider

What you mean?

When i speak to age 50+ boomers, theyre the only people who I think I can talk to properly. Maybe someone in their 40s as well, but anyone my age (30s or under) I just hit a wall and theres 0 bonding capability.
Same to me. That's why I should have been born more than 80-100 years ago

People have always treated me like they are above me and didn't want to hang out or be seen with me because low social status

all these faggots have phones stuck up their ass so yes

To continue with the NPC analogy, its almost like they are glitched NPC's with the phones. You know in games like an NPC gets stuck to the wall or something and is doing some weird movement repeatedly and you can't interact with it.