Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone here play FFXIV? Is it worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Been having the MMO itch for several months now. I need to scratch that itch somehow and FFXIV is the last big MMO I didn't really play.

But I'm hesitating buying it. I do have the money saved up, I just don't want to end up with another repeat of WoW, ESO, GW2. Wasted money on those years ago and still regretting it. Not to mention that FFXIV is more expensive. I'm supposed to pay European prices, no adjustment for my shit country. So it's going to cost a shitload of money, even more than WoW. So I'd like to know if it's worth paying.

I trust the experiences of you guys since this forum is based. Unlike reddit with only soy opinions.

Not worth it at all. Subscription games r shiet.

Not worth it at all. Subscription games r shiet.
Sounds about right. Damn, I wish my brain wouldn't have this MMO itch. I know for a fact that if I do end up buying it I'll regret it and barely play it. Lmao. Why am I doing this to myself?

Too long of a game and don't really like MMOs.

played for like 3 weeks then got bored wasted a lot of money on dlcs and subscription fees tbh

ffxiv is basically a jrpg until endgame if you're into raiding

Sounds about right. Damn, I wish my brain wouldn't have this MMO itch. I know for a fact that if I do end up buying it I'll regret it and barely play it. Lmao. Why am I doing this to myself?
I tot u were playing runescape

Its pretty good if you get to the end game. There is ton of stuff to do.

But yeah getting there can be grindy unless u buy lvl up potion thing. You are better finding someone to lvl up with so it wont be as boring and lonely.

Personally I can't see myself playing a mmorpg anymore
Yeah I keep trying to get into one but I just get bored immediately. And yet my brain craves the dopamine that was once granted my MMOs.

Yeah I keep trying to get into one but I just get bored immediately. And yet my brain craves the dopamine that was once granted my MMOs.
Single player games r fun too

Can't wait for FF16

Also FF7 is good

FF14 is only fine if you can bare and schedule everything to do on the game but what repels me is the fact you have to pay a monthly sub for the game. I don’t even like the fact that this is the case but if it means to fuel other projects then I guess it’s fine.

I just need to see how good 16 is though I will still bite it for aesthetics and classic fantasy in the similar sense to how I bit 15 for main cast, music, clothing and scenery.

Last edited:
Get a PS5
Nah, the only reason why I got this gaming laptop was that I can just lay in bed and literally do everything all day with one hand extended towards the keyboard and one on my mouse.

I'm not kidding when I say in my posts that I'm the laziest man alive. I literally just lay in bed motionless just moving my fingers all day long.

Nah, the only reason why I got this gaming laptop was that I can just lay in bed and literally do everything all day with one hand extended towards the keyboard and one on my mouse.

I'm not kidding when I say in my posts that I'm the laziest man alive. I literally just lay in bed motionless just moving my fingers all day long.
Damn, you have a job?

I got a job today

Also what specs?

Damn, you have a job?

I got a job today

Also what specs?
Nah, even if I got a job I wouldn't afford it. I'm really frugal and I don't go out at all, so my parents bought it as a gift cause they can save up money since I'm so damn frugal.

I had several gaming laptops actually, which is super weird in this impoverished country where the average wage is like less than $300, minimum is way below that.

Actually one laptop got stolen when I was super drunk in a train. Another one I destroyed with a hammer cause I was fighting with my parents. Then the next one is still very fine and good but my parent's crappy business was going out of business (still standing but will go out of business in a few months), so they said to me that we need to "stock up on tech cause we won't afford any ever again". So I used the chance to convince my dad to buy me a better laptop.

Ironically, in this shit ass poor country, laptops are more expensive than the US or even most countries in Europe. They really squeeze all the money out of you if you want a good laptop.

Didn't really need it, don't even play that much anymore.

Ohh, here's something interesting. It has good specs right, 1660ti for example, i7 9750h. BUT, the fans are so loud and the temperature gets so hot (every single laptop has this problem), that you can't play big games or the fans get so loud it's fucking annoying and I hate the sound.

So when I do play games I play things that don't activate the fans. Factorio, Rimworld, Monster Train etc... though tbh I don't even play those much, I search for games and think about them more than I play. When I open up a game I get bored quickly and I uninstall. Then I reinstall. It's a sickness, I reinstall and uninstall games hundreds of times.

Nah, even if I got a job I wouldn't afford it. I'm really frugal and I don't go out at all, so my parents bought it as a gift cause they can save up money since I'm so damn frugal.

I had several gaming laptops actually, which is super weird in this impoverished country where the average wage is like less than $300, minimum is way below that.

Actually one laptop got stolen when I was super drunk in a train. Another one I destroyed with a hammer cause I was fighting with my parents. Then the next one is still very fine and good but my parent's crappy business was going out of business (still standing but will go out of business in a few months), so they said to me that we need to "stock up on tech cause we won't afford any ever again". So I used the chance to convince my dad to buy me a better laptop.

Ironically, in this shit ass poor country, laptops are more expensive than the US or even most countries in Europe. They really squeeze all the money out of you if you want a good laptop.

Didn't really need it, don't even play that much anymore.

Ohh, here's something interesting. It has good specs right, 1660ti for example, i7 9750h. BUT, the fans are so loud and the temperature gets so hot (every single laptop has this problem), that you can't play big games or the fans get so loud it's fucking annoying and I hate the sound.

So when I do play games I play things that don't activate the fans. Factorio, Rimworld, Monster Train etc... though tbh I don't even play those much, I search for games and think about them more than I play. When I open up a game I get bored quickly and I uninstall. Then I reinstall. It's a sickness, I reinstall and uninstall games hundreds of times.
I just got my first job (im British) it pays $973.87/Month 20 hours per week
$10.25 per hour

I just got my first job (im British) it pays $973.87/Month 20 hours per week
$10.25 per hour
Congratulations. I'm sure you'll work your way up and make triple that in a few years. Just gotta keep grinding away, it's much better than rotting away.

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll work your way up and make triple that in a few years. Just gotta keep grinding away, it's much better than rotting away.
I won't its a minimum wage job as a cleaner

JFL at 5e10-45 IQ people who pay MMOs things. So stupid.